PDA

View Full Version : Arriving in the United States on Cabin Jumpseat

housesgetsmaller
5th May 2023, 16:11
Would anyone be able to confirm if a passenger is allowed travel to the United States while occupying a Cabin Jumpseat of a foreign registered aircraft? I’ve heard conflicting reports!

Thanks.

S.o.S.
6th May 2023, 10:35
Hello housesgetsmaller and welcome to the Cabin of PPRuNe. That is a MOST unusual question but we do have flight and cabin crew who stop by here and so please be patient as most folks here are (of course) PAX, as am I.

redsnail
6th May 2023, 11:52
I am assuming the pax is appropriately ticketed and documented. That is, they are either on the pax manifest (boarding pass) or the gen dec.
Are they crew of the airline concerned and dead heading to crew the return flight?

housesgetsmaller
6th May 2023, 12:15
I am assuming the pax is appropriately ticketed and documented. That is, they are either on the pax manifest (boarding pass) or the gen dec.
Are they crew of the airline concerned and dead heading to crew the return flight?

The person concerned would be travelling as a passenger with a Standby ticket. However, there seems to be a school of thought that the passenger manifest which is sent to CBP once the flight has departed has to have every passenger assigned a seat number and, therefore, if the passenger had to occupy a cabin jump seat due to lack of a normal passenger seat, that this could cause issues.

Asturias56
6th May 2023, 14:35
As long as you have an ESTA etc who would know? They never ask which seat you were in. Be much the same as arriving in a light aircraft - or a business jet.

RevMan2
28th May 2023, 06:54
Allowed.
Retired LH, FRABOS 748 in the crew rest compartment behind the last Y section. Takeoff/landing 2R