PDA

View Full Version : LHR connection times

Avionker
5th May 2023, 12:19
I will be travelling from Stockholm to Dallas next month. I was originally routing through Helsinki but Finnair have now decided to cancel the ARN-HEL flight I was booked on, despite taking the booking only 7 days ago...
Their proposed re-route is via LHR flying codeshares with BA and American. My question is how much time will I require to transfer from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3?
Flight is on a Sunday if that makes much difference. Arrival into LHR 09:35 and departure 12:00, so 2hrs 25 minutes. Is this practical?

Asturias56
5th May 2023, 13:05
Yes - should be Ok

https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airport/airport-maps/travel-between-terminals

Avionker
5th May 2023, 13:50
Thanks for the link Asturias.

Apparently 90 minutes required to transfer from T5 to T3... so doable but not exactly relaxed.

Exactly the reason I booked my original route, to avoid major hubs.

Asturias56
5th May 2023, 14:35
at 90 minutes you can get a train into Paddington and get one back................... the problem is if your inbound flight is just a bit late - then sodds law says the US flight will depart dead on time

davidjohnson6
5th May 2023, 14:59
Assuming everything is on a single ticket, and the reason for not catching the LHR-DFW midday flight is because the ARN-LHR flight is delayed, I wouldn't worry too much. If you miss the midday AA to Dallas...there is a 12:50 BA to Dallas or a 14:05 AA to Dallas. Might need to debate a bit with somebody in customer services though... !

PAXboy
5th May 2023, 15:23
Agreed. Three hours would be nice but should work. The positive is that your first leg leaves early in the morning and delays less likely at the start - being a Sunday might even be the first rotation of the day for that aircraft. Also, as dj6 says, bring all paperwork if you have to move from the AA to BA. I would suggest having printed details of the change forced on you by Finn.

S.o.S.
5th May 2023, 17:57
Thanks for your post Avionker please let us know how it worked out - in both directions! - when you get home.