PDA

View Full Version : MCC Course available outside of AUS ?

Lamborghini_Flyte
1st May 2023, 16:16
Hi All,

Currently in the USA flying for a regional and recently interviewed and was offered a position with Jetstar as a direct entry FO.
Prior to being able to be put on the hold file I will need to complete a MCC course. Getting time off soon will be tricky to return to Aus to do this course.
I was curious if anyone knows any CASA approved MCC courses that can be completed in the USA or potentially elsewhere outside of AUS as it may be easier to complete it there.

Looking at the Australian regs it would seem that transferring my CL65 type rating from my USA license to my AUS one will not satisfy the requirement for the MCC.

Would appreciate any advice or insight anyone may have.

Thanks guys!

Propjet88
1st May 2023, 21:06
Hi All,

Currently in the USA flying for a regional and recently interviewed and was offered a position with Jetstar as a direct entry FO.
Prior to being able to be put on the hold file I will need to complete a MCC course. Getting time off soon will be tricky to return to Aus to do this course.
I was curious if anyone knows any CASA approved MCC courses that can be completed in the USA or potentially elsewhere outside of AUS as it may be easier to complete it there.

Looking at the Australian regs it would seem that transferring my CL65 type rating from my USA license to my AUS one will not satisfy the requirement for the MCC.

Would appreciate any advice or insight anyone may have.

Thanks guys!

The only other regulatory regimes that require MCC are EASA or UK CAA. CASA accepts these as equivalent. Its worth checking with JetStar whether it is a company requirement to hold a CASA MCC, or whether a CASA approved equivalent is acceptable.
Fly Safe
PJ88

aussieflyboy
1st May 2023, 21:46
Tell Jetstar that if they would like you to work for them then they are more then welcome to provide the training that they require for the position.

BuzzBox
1st May 2023, 23:47

There are some exemptions to the MCC requirements for those who hold a type rating and equivalent experience, etc. Have you checked those?

brokenagain
1st May 2023, 23:56
You must be really desperate to come back to Aus to accept a position with Jetstar. Good luck!

Red69
2nd May 2023, 01:11
I understand everyone's circumstance is different, but why the move back to Australia? JQ morale is piss poor as is VA, Network, Alliance and the rest of them. QF mainline seems to be the only half decent job in the country yet that wouldn't compare to an major airline in the USA.

ZebraFlyer
2nd May 2023, 20:47
1. You're crazy.

2. The only reason to need the MCC course done is if you have a CASA CPL i.e., not a CASA ATPL. Use your FAA ATP (presuming you have as it's needed for the states) and convert it to a CASA ATPL. Probably have to do the human factors and overseas conversion exams but that'd be cheaper/easier than a waste of time MCC course I'd think.

LostWanderer
2nd May 2023, 23:08
I understand everyone's circumstance is different, but why the move back to Australia? JQ morale is piss poor as is VA, Network, Alliance and the rest of them. QF mainline seems to be the only half decent job in the country yet that wouldn't compare to an major airline in the USA.

The vast majority of temporary visa pilots in the US will never qualify for a major there short of gaining a green card or the like. Jetstar/VA is most likely a decent step up from flying a clapped out CRJ or 145 for many folks.

cxflog
3rd May 2023, 22:50
The vast majority of temporary visa pilots in the US will never qualify for a major there short of gaining a green card or the like. Jetstar/VA is most likely a decent step up from flying a clapped out CRJ or 145 for many folks.
Plenty of E3 folks already at Majors flying A320’s and the like. Most don’t stick around on the RJ’s for very long, especially in this environment. Also pays significantly more than Jetstar/VA ever will.

havick
4th May 2023, 00:27
Plenty of E3 folks already at Majors flying A320’s and the like. Most don’t stick around on the RJ’s for very long, especially in this environment. Also pays significantly more than Jetstar/VA ever will.

Even an RJ job in the US pays more than a jetstar or VA gig, that’s saying something.