View Full Version : Jobs in EU with FAA license

SeattlePilot
28th Apr 2023, 12:04
I know this is contrary to the norm these days but I live in Central Europe and have been commuting to US for the ACMI operator for some time. I have the right to live and work in EU but just don't want to go through the intercontinental commuting any more. Are there any operators in Europe that would hire you with FAA ATPL? (I currently have more than 10,000 hrs with 747, EMB 190m 179 types).
Would Ryanair UK be an option?

Thanks..

enzino
28th Apr 2023, 12:12
No. You need to go through the whole process and pass 13 ATPL exams.

ahwalk01
28th Apr 2023, 12:16
You enter the whole world of conversion/validation unless you get a mil contractor who is based out here.

Seems a waste of time/money to me. I don't understand what ICAO is for without license reciprocity.

Alex.

ahwalk01
28th Apr 2023, 12:19
Eg https://pilotcareercenter.com/Pilot-Job-Posting-Pilot-Opening-Pilot-Job/18585/Europe-UK/First-Officer/Gulfstream-GIV---Turkey/ALFA-JET-AVIATION

https://pilotcareercenter.com/Pilot-Job-Posting-Pilot-Opening-Pilot-Job/17613/Europe-UK/Rated-Captains/Falcon-7X---London-UK/Clay-Lacy-Aviation

VariablePitchP
28th Apr 2023, 15:11
I know this is contrary to the norm these days but I live in Central Europe and have been commuting to US for the ACMI operator for some time. I have the right to live and work in EU but just don't want to go through the intercontinental commuting any more. Are there any operators in Europe that would hire you with FAA ATPL? (I currently have more than 10,000 hrs with 747, EMB 190m 179 types).
Would Ryanair UK be an option?

Thanks..

To get ahead you can simulate being an EU pilot to get a feel for it.

Take your most recent payslip, knock off a zero, done. Still interested? Full conversion to be done fortunately. If it was harder you wouldn’t be making as much as in the US as we’d all be there.

flapsupboy
29th Apr 2023, 09:10
747 🤔, got to be atlas.

MichaelOLearyGenius
3rd May 2023, 16:08
Be better to apply to emirates, they take most licences

Klimax
4th May 2023, 19:52
Or consider Business aviation with positions that offer 1:1 rotations. Some operators in Europe have N-reg aircraft and are spending most of their time outside EU anyways. For this FAA is plentiful. Just an idea. Look into if you fancy.

float257
24th Jan 2024, 08:41
How did you go finding that EU based job? I'm in a similar situation. Ive been in corporate for the last 10 years but it's tricky to find those EU jobs utilising the FAA licence base.