PDA

View Full Version : Perf A, who needs it?

The man formerly known as
22nd Jan 2001, 20:06
I just had a thought.

If you are on the JAA ATPL path or converting BCPL to JAA CPL(R) do you need Perf A?

Does anyone know what the situation is?

TooHotToFly
23rd Jan 2001, 03:11
Pretty sure that this is the situation:

CAA ATPL exams include Perf E. If you don't do another Performance exam (usually Perf A) then you will have to pass the JAR performance exam.

JAA ATPL exams include a generic perfomance exam and you then have to do a type specific perfomance exam when you do your first type rating (which seems to make more sense).

Charley
23rd Jan 2001, 17:30
In that case, if I were doing an JAR ATPL course (integrated or modular) would it still be a good idea to get the Perf A or would I simply be wasting time and money?

I'm in the middle of budgetting the big push from my current PPL/Night/nearly IMC situation and am wondering whether I should budget for the Perf A or not.

foghorn
23rd Jan 2001, 18:53
Charley,

At the risk of reiterating what TooHot To Fly has said, the Perf A exam is for people doing the old CAA exams only.

If you're doing the JAR exams, it is covered on the generic 'Performance' exam. You will do this at groundschool along with the other 13 ATPL subjects. You will not need to budget for this as a seperate item.

A little bit of good news I hope :)

[This message has been edited by foghorn (edited 23 January 2001).]

Needmorecash
25th Jan 2001, 22:48
And the last sitting of perf A under the CAA is in June 2001. Best get a move on.

sowot
26th Jan 2001, 00:31
Need More Cash:

Best get on the phone to ATA then!

Cheers