PDA

View Full Version : Sentra

willy wombat
19th Apr 2023, 08:16
Anyone know anything about new planned UK A330 operator Sentra Airways? Supposedly planning MAN ACC as first route. According to Flight Global the airline says it will solve the problems “of hundreds of passengers”. That should fill the aircraft for a few days - not sure what happens thereafter.

globetrotter79
19th Apr 2023, 11:49
1st a330 G-SAHA is at Kemble..

jmdavies86
19th Apr 2023, 12:44
It's been announced today that they've formally applied for a Type A Operating Licence: https://airwaysmag.com/sentra-airways-operating-licence/

davidjohnson6
19th Apr 2023, 13:06
Is this going to end up like FlyPop ?

ATNotts
19th Apr 2023, 13:13
Is this going to end up like FlyPop ?

Or indeed Hans Airways.

DaveReidUK
19th Apr 2023, 17:33
Both the press releases linked on the Sentra website refer to starting operations in Q3/Q4 2022 ...

Media - Sentra Airways (https://sentraairways.com/media/)

TartinTon
20th Apr 2023, 08:11
"Our crew of pilots, engineers and ground operatives have more than 100 years’ combined experience in the aviation sector."

About 4 years each then? Hardly inspiring and not something to put on the website I would have thought.....

DaveReidUK
20th Apr 2023, 14:39
"Our crew of pilots, engineers and ground operatives have more than 100 years’ combined experience in the aviation sector."

About 4 years each then? Hardly inspiring and not something to put on the website I would have thought.....

Maybe it's an average, per individual. :O

DC3 Dave
20th Apr 2023, 21:46
I reckon if it is Ghana happen, it is Ghana happen. :}

Sotonsean
21st Apr 2023, 07:01
I reckon if it is Ghana happen, it is Ghana happen. :}

Are you auditioning on pprune as a second rate stand up comedian.

Dansol
14th Sep 2023, 07:09
Aircraft is in the process of being returned to the leasing company.

dc9-32
15th Sep 2023, 04:56
Are you auditioning on pprune as a second rate stand up comedian.

If so, the address is 10 Downing Street, London......

Sotonsean
3rd Oct 2023, 14:43
Aircraft is in the process of being returned to the leasing company.

The aircraft a A330-200 was deregistered from the United Kingdom registry on the 21 September and returned to it's lessor Air Lease Corporation. It has since been re-registered in Guernsey and awaiting to be delivered to an unknown operator. The aircraft currently remains at Kemble.

Another short lived dream gone.

Several similar UK start ups have come and gone over the last few years.

FlyPop
Hans Airways
Sentra Airways

And I'm sure by this time next year we can add,

Global Airlines

davidjohnson6
3rd Oct 2023, 14:53
Does the CAA have a "Beginner's guide to starting an airline and some basic advice of what you will need" ?
It seems like it would save an awful lot of trouble not just for the CAA, but also for would-be airline execs who are very much out of their depth ?
Neither side comes out of this sort of situation looking good

Sotonsean
3rd Oct 2023, 18:52
Does the CAA have a "Beginner's guide to starting an airline and some basic advice of what you will need" ?
It seems like it would save an awful lot of trouble not just for the CAA, but also for would-be airline execs who are very much out of their depth ?

I agree with your comments, it's totally pathetic really. Amongst other things, the amount of money these guys have lost with their mad cap ventures.

TwinAisle
8th Oct 2023, 12:04

Yes, they do. And in addition to that, the very first stage of getting an AOC and an OL is a meeting with the CAA, wherein they impart some very, very good advice.

Sadly, too many people with more money than sense think they know better than the regulator. Or think that the rules are merely suggestions. It all ends in tears.