PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice

Auspilot
30th Aug 2002, 12:11
This is my first post and I am very new to this website, couldn't see a Newbie forum so I figured this one would do. I am on my way to obtaining my Australian CPL (Student with 9hrs in a C150!) and passes in Australian ATPL theory. My best option from where I am looking is to head to the remote parts of Australia and knock on as many doors as I can once I have my CPL to land my first job doing joy flights or charter. I am a British citizen as well as an Australian so the opportunity exists for me to launch my career in the UK. Can anyone from the UK enlighten me on what are currently the best opportunities for pilots with no flight time (apart from that needed for your CPL). I need some pointers on how best to get started so that I can do what I love and earn money to pay the bills at the same time. Should I even be considering working in the UK?

All advice will be gratefully received :)

redsnail
30th Aug 2002, 16:58
Working in the UK is fine.... but.... like Oz it is full of unemployed pilots too. Also the cost of converting your licence over is horrendous.
I have some tips (http://www.mccannhj.flyer.co.uk/flying.htm) that may answer some of your questions. Also, you may want to consider posting this in Dununnda Wannabes.
good luck
:D