PDA

View Full Version : Vale Max Hazelton

Zhoottoo
10th Apr 2023, 08:29
Vale Max Hazelton aged 95 9th April 2023 - a true gentleman of Australian aviation. Hugs to Laurel and family. I and many others owe you a debt of gratitude Max. May Heaven have two cars and rope ready if your nose wheel is not locked down on short finals. ;-)

TANUA
11th Apr 2023, 01:28
Vale Max Hazelton aged 95 9th April 2023 - a true gentleman of Australian aviation. Hugs to Laurel and family. I and many others owe you a debt of gratitude Max. May Heaven have two cars and rope ready if your nose wheel is not locked down on short finals. ;-)
Vale Max. Well said Zhoottoo. Our thoughts are with Laurel & family. Working for Max & Laurel was like working for your own family, as that was how you were treated.It was a great experience in my career & always remembered with affection.

ausflyer
11th Apr 2023, 07:03
Vale Capt Max.

Another of the good ones gone.

RIP Sir.

Aus.

SHVC
11th Apr 2023, 07:32
He was a champion of aviation, I’ve met him many times before in my GA days and was always keen for a chat. Sadly missed.

Cilba
11th Apr 2023, 08:21
He checked me out in the Cessna 185 (I had previous tailwheel time). 6 take offs, 6 full stop landings at 3 different strips. 3 practice forced landings-total time 1 hour, $40. At the conclusion he offered me a job. That was in 1979.

pithblot
11th Apr 2023, 08:44
He checked me out in the Cessna 185 (I had previous tailwheel time). 6 take offs, 6 full stop landings at 3 different strips. 3 practice forced landings-1 hour, $40. At the conclusion he offered me a job. That was in 1979.

Yes, Max didn’t waste time.
A year or two later, with a wet CPL, I stopped for fuel at Cudal in a Cessna 180 and totally stuffed up the landing. Max wandered over with some kindly advice, said something like, ‘these things will bite if you let them, but you did well to go around.’

Like so many know, Max was a gentleman and one of the Industry Good Ones.