PDA

View Full Version : Fields Vision Test (Someone please help)

Desert Eagle
30th Aug 2002, 10:49
I know it becomes a headache when wannabes like myself keep posting about eyesight requirements but please a little patience would be appreciated.

I have seen on the CAA website the eyesight requirements and the eye function requirement states:

Eye Function

"You must have normal fields of vision"

I took the liberty of going to my optician with the requirements and having me eyes tested, and having a fields vision test.

It involved focussing each eye separately on a orange dot in the centre of a semi-circle type machine. Lots of lights appear, some bright some dim, and you press a button each time you see one. My right eye was not exactly perfect. Left eye was 100%.

What I want to know is how does the CAA test fields of vision? Is it tested at the initial class 1?

Also my prescription is -2.25 in Right eye, and -2.50 in left eye. I have been told I am within limits by my optician .

I am still unsure as to whether you have to be within limits after combining both eyes (As was stated in one of the threads posted some while ago) or if they only consider the worst eye as stated on their website.

("If you need correction the refractive error (the amount of correction) must not exceed +5.00 to -5.00 dioptres in the most ametropic meridian (the worst axis - taking into account any astigmatism).

Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Desert Eagle.