PDA

View Full Version : KLMuk....roster info please ...

Sean Dillon
30th Aug 2002, 09:20
Hello All...

Are KLMuk still recruiting Uk pilots ? I heard it was all becoming KLM City Hopper with the Dutch guys....this is rubbish right?

I've also heard alot of stuff with regards to F/deck rosters - is it still lots of duty time and very little flying time..is STN the best base to be at..?

Cheers
Sean

Ray D'Avecta
1st Sep 2002, 12:52
I presume you are talking about the Fokker 50 fleet at KLMuk. If so, then :

Yes, the proprtion of duty to flying hours is quite high, but realise that this is partly because we nightstop in Amsterdam on up to 4 or 5 consecutive nights, and have to also endure a combination of home and airport standbys. Nevertheless, the F50 Pilots average between 300 and 400 flying hours a year, at a guess.

the F100 pilots work harder, and average about 600. Again, at a guess.

KLMuk is continuing to hire pilots at the moment. With the impending merger with KLC though, it is possible that recruitement may become centralised out of Amsterdam. this does not mean that they will NOT hire UK Pilots, it just means that you may in future, be applying to work for KLC under different terms and conditions to those on offer now.

KLC claim that it is not a requirement that you speak Dutch (as it is for KLM Mainline) so in theory, you should not be disadvantaged. Indeed there is nothing to stop you applying to KLC now.

hope this helps

Oh yeah, about STN as a base....

Stn will shortly become a Buzz only base (except for the pilots who are already Stn based) so it is unlikely that you will even have the choice of stn as a base