PDA

View Full Version : How can the mod mail be accessed?

SamyOS
31st Mar 2023, 02:36
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to quickly ask how I can access the mod mail or if one even exists? I would like to ask permission for something from the mods or admin but can't seem to find a way to reach out to them.

Appreciate any help!

Senior Pilot
31st Mar 2023, 07:32
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to quickly ask how I can access the mod mail or if one even exists? I would like to ask permission for something from the mods or admin but can't seem to find a way to reach out to them.

Appreciate any help!

Your email request to link a survey was passed on to me, and I am currently asking other Mods their opinion. We had a total ban on surveys since they gave (& give) little or no benefit to PPRuNers, plus little or no discussions when posted.

That edict was lifted last year and on application a number of surveys allowed on the strict conditions that results were shared. To date not a single one has been shared back to this platform.

I ask you to convince me otherwise, why should PPRuNe be seen as a host to research and/or surveys?

SamyOS
1st Apr 2023, 17:59
Your email request to link a survey was passed on to me, and I am currently asking other Mods their opinion. We had a total ban on surveys since they gave (& give) little or no benefit to PPRuNers, plus little or no discussions when posted.

That edict was lifted last year and on application a number of surveys allowed on the strict conditions that results were shared. To date not a single one has been shared back to this platform.

I ask you to convince me otherwise, why should PPRuNe be seen as a host to research and/or surveys?

Thanks for the chance to explain.

I can't speak for regular surveys but I believe research questionnaires would be beneficial based on what exactly they are studying. PPRuNe has a rich network of highly experienced, diverse, and opinionated aviation professionals that can help researchers and students answer a host of relevant and helpful questions. There isn't quite like it anywhere else. In my case, my research seeks to understand the influence organisations have on aviation security.

I have sent a more detailed overview of my research to your DM (as to not influence any responses). I'm sorry for the late reply, I had to check through my ethics guidelines if I could commit to sharing the results and there seems to be no issue with that if you do approve it, I can only give you my word that I will post the results when I do post my survey, but the results are anonymised and inclusive of a much larger population I have asked, so it won't necessarily be representative of PPRuNe users.

SamyOS
8th Apr 2023, 18:16
Thanks for the chance to explain.

I can't speak for regular surveys but I believe research questionnaires would be beneficial based on what exactly they are studying. PPRuNe has a rich network of highly experienced, diverse, and opinionated aviation professionals that can help researchers and students answer a host of relevant and helpful questions. There isn't quite like it anywhere else. In my case, my research seeks to understand the influence organisations have on aviation security.

I have sent a more detailed overview of my research to your DM (as to not influence any responses). I'm sorry for the late reply, I had to check through my ethics guidelines if I could commit to sharing the results and there seems to be no issue with that if you do approve it, I can only give you my word that I will post the results when I do post my survey, but the results are anonymised and inclusive of a much larger population I have asked, so it won't necessarily be representative of PPRuNe users.

Just an update to this, it turns out that not only can I share the results but I must share them with any community that helps & requests to see results :)