View Full Version : Cpl ir/me skill test expired

Mitroglou
29th Mar 2023, 16:41
I completed my cpl ir/me skilltest 7months ago due to various reasons i didn't send send my application right away, i got recently contacted by the IAA,
which told me as my skill test was completed over 6months ago it is no longer valid and have to start again,
I was aware that the skill test had to be completed within 6months after the course completion , but not concerning it's 6months post skill test validity, been trying to find anything concerning this in the Part-FCL anyone knows where i can find any informations ?

Thank you for your help,

VariablePitchP
30th Mar 2023, 05:38
I completed my cpl ir/me skilltest 7months ago due to various reasons i didn't send send my application right away, i got recently contacted by the IAA,
which told me as my skill test was completed over 6months ago it is no longer valid and have to start again,
I was aware that the skill test had to be completed within 6months after the course completion , but not concerning it's 6months post skill test validity, been trying to find anything concerning this in the Part-FCL anyone knows where i can find any informations ?

Thank you for your help,

Pretty standard, same for most skill tests, ATPLs etc.

Take it as a life lesson. It’s a bit of paper, just do it immediately next time!

BillieBob
30th Mar 2023, 13:58
FCL.015(f) For the issue of a licence, rating or certificate the applicant shall apply not later than 6 months after having succeeded at the skill test or assessment of competence.

Central Scrutinizer
30th Mar 2023, 16:49
It truly sucks.
I almost didn’t submit my IR application in time due to my ATO telling me I could wait until after passing the CPL skills test. But then COVID happened. Good that I decided to check and realized about the 6 mo. while bored at home during the lockdown.