PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cabin Crew 2023

courts
5th Jan 2023, 03:39
Hey - any MELB base confirmed for start date 12th FEB?

Shazza90
5th Jan 2023, 07:54
I also received this email.. however applied January 22, received questionnaire 6 months later and still waiting to be invited for an assessment day…

has anyone had a call or update last few days?? I called ID services on the 4th and was told my background checks are complete and my card will be printed in the next print list. So I’m unsure as haven’t heard back?

Flight2022
5th Jan 2023, 09:09
Can i ask, when did you do your assessment day and submit your security ID application?
Fingers crossed TA call you with the offer and allocate you a GS date.

Olivia1
5th Jan 2023, 23:08
I was there! Did my last part of the Medicals yesterday so pretty much on waiting mode now :rolleyes:

hey guys! I was there too! I’ve sent off everything and have been told that that they will be in touch early-mid January, have you guys had a call yet?

Olivia1
6th Jan 2023, 19:51
Hello everyone! I was in the Assessment day on the 1st December. I have completed everything and finished my medical on the 19th and results were sent to QF. I received the email on the 22nd December stating that they will be in contact early-mid January. Did anyone else receive this update also? And has anyone got the call yet?

Shazza90
7th Jan 2023, 06:10
Can i ask, when did you do your assessment day and submit your security ID application?
Fingers crossed TA call you with the offer and allocate you a GS date.
I was on the 29th November Assessment day, completed my swim certification on Thursday 1st Dec (a day after I received email stating I had progressed) and did my first aid cpr refresher on the Friday 2nd Dec emailed all documents on 2nd December, Xref came in on the 1st December and my references completed theirs, did medical on 6th December, finally got ID link sent on 12th December and completed it, it got reverted and resent back on 13th December, background checks all came back complete on 4th January however was told that the card won’t be sent for printing until they receive the print list? Which I think may be the golden call? But still awaiting.

What about you? What is your timeline like?

esdalee
7th Jan 2023, 21:30
If you go to Assessment Day, you will take an English test after the group activity. Anyone can share what kind of test it is? can you share the question?

Hound123
8th Jan 2023, 09:51
If you go to Assessment Day, you will take an English test after the group activity. Anyone can share what kind of test it is? can you share the question?

Hi. It's a comprehension test. It's very straight forward. They give you a sheet with several paragraphs from the Cabin Crew Operations Manual. I recall it was about procedures for opening an aircraft door when the aircraft is at the terminal. There were five questions. The answers are in the paragraphs.

1plus1is11
8th Jan 2023, 12:49
Why are people so obsessed about the 'golden call' ​​​​​​?

I understand its a verbal confirmation that you've got excepted into training, therefore job offer but you could easily be sent home if you don't do well during the 6 weeks of initial training.

I would not be celebrating and start telling my friends, family, people on social media 'I've got the job' after the call.

What you need is the 'diamond handshake' at the graduation when you've passed all your exams and handed your little silver wings. That's when you've officially made it and got the job.

Be warned also, 6 months of probation applies so don't do anything foolish and think 'they won't sack me'. There have been a couple of girls who got terminated for posting inappropriate videos on social medias for the 'likes' and 'shares'.

This job is fun but don't be tempted by all the social media glams and be in it for the likes, Qantas is and will always be watching you especially if you're wearing their uniform.
​​​​​​

FFDAZZ
8th Jan 2023, 22:52
Did anyone need there medical/medication verified by the QF doctor? If so how long did this process take?

jadenjosh123
8th Jan 2023, 23:02
hey guys! I was there too! I’ve sent off everything and have been told that that they will be in touch early-mid January, have you guys had a call yet?

Hi Olivia! Great to see you here! I was on that same day too but I don’t think we met. Anyway, we’re all in the same boat now seeing that you’ve lodge everything through I think any moment from we could expect to hear from them. Good luck! 😊🤞🤞

jadenjosh123
8th Jan 2023, 23:04
Why are people so obsessed about the 'golden call' ​​​​​​?

I understand its a verbal confirmation that you've got excepted into training, therefore job offer but you could easily be sent home if you don't do well during the 6 weeks of initial training.

I would not be celebrating and start telling my friends, family, people on social media 'I've got the job' after the call.

What you need is the 'diamond handshake' at the graduation when you've passed all your exams and handed your little silver wings. That's when you've officially made it and got the job.

Be warned also, 6 months of probation applies so don't do anything foolish and think 'they won't sack me'. There have been a couple of girls who got terminated for posting inappropriate videos on social medias for the 'likes' and 'shares'.

This job is fun but don't be tempted by all the social media glams and be in it for the likes, Qantas is and will always be watching you especially if you're wearing their uniform.
​​​​​​

Very good point! 👍👍

Flight2022
8th Jan 2023, 23:08
I was on the 29th November Assessment day, completed my swim certification on Thursday 1st Dec (a day after I received email stating I had progressed) and did my first aid cpr refresher on the Friday 2nd Dec emailed all documents on 2nd December, Xref came in on the 1st December and my references completed theirs, did medical on 6th December, finally got ID link sent on 12th December and completed it, it got reverted and resent back on 13th December, background checks all came back complete on 4th January however was told that the card won’t be sent for printing until they receive the print list? Which I think may be the golden call? But still awaiting.

What about you? What is your timeline like?

MY AD was November November 16th

I completed ASIC application, swim test, medical and submission of first aid and RSA to TA by December 6th.

I also got the updated email on December 22nd saying application is under review.

No phone and or email contact yet. Would love to get an update on my ASIC as i think that's what holds back an offer

Yumm34
9th Jan 2023, 02:44
Hey, does anyone remember or know what the pay was like for flight attendants at Qantas? I think they have mentioned it at the AD but I cannot remember :(

Flight2022
9th Jan 2023, 05:26
I think the Flight Attendant Association will have airline EBA/Fair Work agreements that you can review for base pay, allowances, etc

Olivia1
9th Jan 2023, 08:01
Hi Olivia! Great to see you here! I was on that same day too but I don’t think we met. Anyway, we’re all in the same boat now seeing that you’ve lodge everything through I think any moment from we could expect to hear from them. Good luck! 😊🤞🤞

Do you have an Instagram account that I can add you so we can keep in contact about it all?

Hound123
9th Jan 2023, 08:16
Hey, does anyone remember or know what the pay was like for flight attendants at Qantas? I think they have mentioned it at the AD but I cannot remember :(

The base annual salary is $48,000. Int'l crew get 28 day rosters and are paid for 120 hours - although usually rostered around 110 hours. Fortnightly pay is for 60 hours. The hourly rate is $30 per hour - so base pay is $1,800 (gross) per fortnight.

Overtime (after 12 hours), incidental travelling allowance, and meal allowance are additional. The destination, length of flight, and number of days away from home base will result in different amounts of pay each fortnight.

gg_gop
9th Jan 2023, 17:48
Hey Olivia1 & jadenjosh123 i was there on the 1st Dec as well! I did my medical last month and still waiting for a call from QF everyday! my insta is gg_gop if anyone in the same boat would like to keep in touch.

jadenjosh123
10th Jan 2023, 05:59
Do you have an Instagram account that I can add you so we can keep in contact about it all?
YEp it's heefer0210 🙂

theskyismyhome
11th Jan 2023, 02:40
Hey,

Yes did get an email today. The carrot on that stick is getting further and harder to bite now.

Dec = As 2022 comes to a close we wanted to reach out and provide you with an update......... your application remains under review and we will be in touch with you early in the New Year (early-mid January)..........

Key words are 'under review'
To me its
30 % yes
70 % no

They have a whole year and the application is still 'under review'

Anyhow, SYD as well here aswell​​​​

Hey have you heard any news yet? I agree, been a year now since I applied 😭

Flighty12345
11th Jan 2023, 04:57
Today is my 1 year anniversary since applying for a Melbourne position, and over six months since I completed the questionnaire (that I had about 2 days to do for no apparent reason). Currently still awaiting an assessment day if they ever hold them again. Anyone else is the same boat as me :(

1plus1is11
11th Jan 2023, 12:12
Hey have you heard any news yet? I agree, been a year now since I applied 😭

Hi there,

I have heard so many rumors hah....
There are planned schools in the first 3-6 months of 2023.
For the existing crew on active hold, there could be training courses around April.
More casual domestic crew (MAM) will be released once the new EBA is approved.

3 possible scenarios when TA contact later this month,
A. 'active hold', this means you won't need to reapply after 12 months and you still remain on 'active hold', for maybe another 60 years :rolleyes:
B. 'training date', if you're selected for training school they'll call and let you know otherwise you'll get an 'active hold' email.
C. 'priority', an email saying there is no ground school but you will be given priority ahead of others applying after you.

These are just rumors.... see what the outcomes will be :bored:

Flight2022
12th Jan 2023, 03:37
I understand the proposed EBA is being contested as the EBA is looking to reduce rest periods whilst increasing shifts to12/14 hours (minimal pay increase, reduction in entitlements and many more benefits reduced).

While i was at AD a head office team member mentioned there cabin crew staff numbers are much lower than expected which is why mass recruiting is occurring (not just at Qantas) and increase in ground schools.

If the proposed EBA was to be approved it could have negative impacts on recruiting talent and retaining current staff (especially long serving cabin crew).

I think its still a while off and features in the media a bit as well as unions and aviation association so it may be worth keeping on top of in-case there is a major shake up.

Flossyb
12th Jan 2023, 11:18
Hey Olivia1 & jadenjosh123 i was there on the 1st Dec as well! I did my medical last month and still waiting for a call from QF everyday! my insta is gg_gop if anyone in the same boat would like to keep in touch.

Hi… I’ve sent you a request on Instagram. I had my AD 23/11/22. Everything is now submitted, so just waiting to hear how

SYK22
13th Jan 2023, 06:43
Hi,

Today, I received an email fromTA team that I am unsuccessful with my application.
I have gone through all the steps up to medical stage.
I was advised that my ID security check is clear from TA team December last year.
Then, probably I was fail with the medical..?
Was anyone fail from the medical test?
Does anyone know if I can have feedback from TA team that why I received unsuccessful email at this stage?
I wish I could have second chance for the medical test.. cus I was not in 100% condition when I did my medical..

Shazza90
13th Jan 2023, 08:06
Hi,

Today, I received an email fromTA team that I am unsuccessful with my application.
I was advised that my ID security check is clear from TA team December last year.
Does anyone know if I can have feedback from TA team that why I received unsuccessful email at this stage?
I wish I could have second chance for the medical test.. cus I was not in 100% condition when I did my medical..

Hey when did you do your medical and where? It may not be because of medical I’ve been told they also review the points given for the group activity and your interview and based on that, that can be a reason for an unsuccessful apparently from what my friend has told me

Croissant2
13th Jan 2023, 11:45
Hi,

I would “assume” (emphasise of assume) that it had something to do with the medical or something else. It doesn’t make sense that they would put you through to the next phase into security, medical and reference checking just to say you were unsuccessful - unless of course you failed to meet the criteria in one of the above three. Hopefully by reaching out to TA they can provide you with a reason. :)

SYK22
13th Jan 2023, 11:54
Hey when did you do your medical and where? It may not be because of medical I’ve been told they also review the points given for the group activity and your interview and based on that, that can be a reason for an unsuccessful apparently from what my friend has told me

Hey I have done my medical on 04/11/22 in North Sydney. I thought like, because I have been to the next stage after the AD, if I have clear ID check, provide all the required certificates and pass the medical then I would be successful. I did’t expect to receive unsuccessful email unless I fail from the medical. I wasn’t aware there are points from the AD. I thought if I go to the next stage after the AD then I passed the AD…

Flygirl12345
13th Jan 2023, 12:15
just curious to know if anyone has received a gs date commencing in March 2023? Wondering how far they have gotten through the active hold list :) I'm still waiting to touch base since the Xmas/NY break email
I was called today for gs commencing March 6 :) AD was on 29th November

Flygirl12345
13th Jan 2023, 12:18
Omg congrats how exciting!!! is this for Syd base and where is training held at?
thanks! Yes syd base and full training in Sydney!

Flossyb
13th Jan 2023, 21:04
Hi,

Hi SYK22,

Who did the unsuccessful email come from? I’m starting to get a bit worried. I did my medical on 23/12 and the pathology bit on 29/12. I haven’t heard anything from either. Do we get any feedback on the medicals? My application still says ‘in progress’.
I heard you can apply to get the results of your medical directly through Bodycare.

SYK22
13th Jan 2023, 23:56
so sorry to hear that honestly :( I know its a tough journey, did you perhaps feel like there were components you struggled with during medicals?

Hi, I was struggling with lift up the 30kg & 20kg dumbbell and because I was too nervous at that time my hear rates were a bit higher than normal.. maybe it affects the result..?

SYK22
13th Jan 2023, 23:59
Hi SYK22,

Who did the unsuccessful email come from? I’m starting to get a bit worried. I did my medical on 23/12 and the pathology bit on 29/12. I haven’t heard anything from either. Do we get any feedback on the medicals? My application still says ‘in progress’.
I heard you can apply to get the results of your medical directly through Bodycare.

Hi, the email came from my workday. I logged onto my workday and I can see my application was moved to Inactive tab with complete sign.
Thanks for letting me know. I just sent an email to Bodycare to get the result.
Hope you have a golden call soon!

letsflyB
14th Jan 2023, 04:13
How long after the golden call did everyone recive there contracts?

Flossyb
14th Jan 2023, 06:42
Hi, the email came from my workday. I logged onto my workday and I can see my application was moved to Inactive tab with complete sign.
Thanks for letting me know. I just sent an email to Bodycare to get the result.
Hope you have a golden call soon!

Thanks so much! Fingers crossed. I know a guy who had a shoulder injury, got it fixed and was able to redo the medical. His application is ‘in progress’ now

Flygirl12345
14th Jan 2023, 09:31
How long after the golden call did everyone recive there contracts?
I only got called on Friday and still haven’t received yet. Were you called for gs 6th March? Syd base?

Shazza90
14th Jan 2023, 11:57
I was called today for gs commencing March 6 :) AD was on 29th November
I’m worried now as my AD was 29th November afternoon session, completed everything within 5 days after progressing.

Flygirl12345
14th Jan 2023, 11:59
I’m worried now as my AD was 29th November afternoon session, completed everything within 5 days after progressing.
don’t be worried! My friend as at AD a week before me and is yet to be called. No one really knows what order they call it but it’ll happen for you :)

SYK22
15th Jan 2023, 01:59
Thanks so much! Fingers crossed. I know a guy who had a shoulder injury, got it fixed and was able to redo the medical. His application is ‘in progress’ now

Hey, was your friend’s application status was in ‘inactive’ then changed to ‘in progress’? Did he emailed TA team or ring them? I cannot find their contact number so I might be sending an email through them for redo the medical. Thank you so much for letting me know this!

1plus1is11
15th Jan 2023, 07:41
Today is my 1 year anniversary since applying for a Melbourne position, and over six months since I completed the questionnaire (that I had about 2 days to do for no apparent reason). Currently still awaiting an assessment day if they ever hold them again. Anyone else is the same boat as me :(

Hey there,

Are you an internal applying externally?
There's a few internal people who've applied externally and now they're like floating aimlessly in a forgetten universe somewhere... 😕

Flossyb
15th Jan 2023, 19:59
Hey, was your friend’s application status was in ‘inactive’ then changed to ‘in progress’? Did he emailed TA team or ring them? I cannot find their contact number so I might be sending an email through them for redo the medical. Thank you so much for letting me know this!

You’re welcome. I just checked - the first time he applied for domestic through an agency, so separate application. Have you tried contacting Qantas People Services? Not sure if they can help, but 1300 303 411 is their number.

Flighty12345
16th Jan 2023, 00:45
Hey there,

Are you an internal applying externally?
There's a few internal people who've applied externally and now they're like floating aimlessly in a forgetten universe somewhere... 😕

Just plain old external for me.. I have a lot of flying experience as well including wide body so really thought I had a good chance.
I know people who applied after me and made it to assessment days straight away too.
I can only think being previously employed by QF group might have an impact as I had to tick that box.

br787
16th Jan 2023, 02:16
Anyone else receive the notice period email? Hopefully its a sign that golden call is close
Yeah I got it too but don't think it translates to a golden call just yet, but still nice to hear something from them!

1plus1is11
16th Jan 2023, 03:05
Just plain old external for me.. I have a lot of flying experience as well including wide body so really thought I had a good chance.
I know people who applied after me and made it to assessment days straight away too.
I can only think being previously employed by QF group might have an impact as I had to tick that box.

Hey,

Right, well I do know someone who previously worked for Qantas (as a contractor) and their application is floating around in the forgotten universe aswell. 🙄

Usually its quite hard getting back in after you left the company, others managed to come back via third party such as MAM or Altara then apply internally again for QD or QCCA

Internally they make you wait for atleast several thousand years ⏳😴💤 as they have a long list of transfer which they need to get through, anyhow off topic but yeah... don't feel disheartened no news is good news in this thousand years waiting game 🤪

theskyismyhome
16th Jan 2023, 03:27
Hi there,

I have heard so many rumors hah....
There are planned schools in the first 3-6 months of 2023.
For the existing crew on active hold, there could be training courses around April.
More casual domestic crew (MAM) will be released once the new EBA is approved.

3 possible scenarios when TA contact later this month,
A. 'active hold', this means you won't need to reapply after 12 months and you still remain on 'active hold', for maybe another 60 years :rolleyes:
B. 'training date', if you're selected for training school they'll call and let you know otherwise you'll get an 'active hold' email.
C. 'priority', an email saying there is no ground school but you will be given priority ahead of others applying after you.

These are just rumors.... see what the outcomes will be :bored:

Some interesting rumours there! 🤔 Are you MAM? Which part of the Qantas Group do you fall into? I know of some internals that have received a training date for Syd base for end of Jan!

Flighty12345
16th Jan 2023, 04:06
Hey,

Right, well I do know someone who previously worked for Qantas (as a contractor) and their application is floating around in the forgotten universe aswell. 🙄

Usually its quite hard getting back in after you left the company, others managed to come back via third party such as MAM or Altara then apply internally again for QD or QCCA

Internally they make you wait for atleast several thousand years ⏳😴💤 as they have a long list of transfer which they need to get through, anyhow off topic but yeah... don't feel disheartened no news is good news in this thousand years waiting game 🤪

Well its good to know I'm not alone in this forgotten universe hahah.
I thought my application would disappear after the one year mark but its still showing in progress so hopefully the no news is good news is true!

Flight2022
16th Jan 2023, 04:58
I recently received my ground school date.
TA is hoping to get contracts out this week.
They mentioned they are very busy working through ground school allocations for successful candidates.

All up my timeframe from application to GS will be 3.5 months.

EkAdelaide
16th Jan 2023, 08:07
Hi everyone,

I am attending the AD in Sydney on 2/2/2023 and I am preparing my ID documents.

I’ve just found out that my original citizenship certificate is overseas. I am trying to get it posted to me urgently, however in the event it doesn’t reach me in time, I was wondering if anyone who’s been to an AD had a similar issue?

abbeyD123
16th Jan 2023, 08:23
Loving the content provided in this thread! Thank you all!

Anyone currently in the role that can speak to the pros and cons of the cabin crew international position?

I'm in the final stages of recruitment and it's always been a dream job but with the industry and company changes over the years, I wonder if it's all it's cracked up to be?

Keen to see some rosters, hear more about layover details (apparently most are now only 24 hours!), love/ hate experiences of the in-flight services, fatigue management, travel perks, careers progression.

EkAdelaide
16th Jan 2023, 08:44
hi, this happened to me too and I was able to get it sighted and signed the week after when I had it with me. Not sure if that is still the case for upcoming ADs as I did mine a year ago

Thank you! Did you have to go back to head office to get it sighted & signed? I think I might email TA prior to the AD to let them know as a courtesy.

br787
16th Jan 2023, 11:42
They mentioned they are very busy working through ground school allocations for successful candidates.

Are you starting in Feb or March?

Flygirl12345
16th Jan 2023, 20:37

I received my ground school date on Friday and still received the notice period email. Did anyone else? I’m assuming it’s because ground schools are still being allocated and I haven’t received my contract yet

1plus1is11
17th Jan 2023, 00:45
Some interesting rumours there! 🤔 Are you MAM? Which part of the Qantas Group do you fall into? I know of some internals that have received a training date for Syd base for end of Jan!

Hi,

​​​​​​If you are employed by Maurice be prepared to be held up, again. The union is not giving up their appeal and final decision is expected to be made by the commissioner around April.

Other internals from other work groups are free to cross over because they are not caught in limbo by the EBA.

I hope that she'd some lights and you can probably work out which workgroup I'm under 🤫
​​​​​​

theskyismyhome
17th Jan 2023, 01:30
Hi,

​​​​​​If you are employed by Maurice be prepared to be held up, again. The union is not giving up their appeal and final decision is expected to be made by the commissioner around April.

Other internals from other work groups are free to cross over because they are not caught in limbo by the EBA.

I hope that she'd some lights and you can probably work out which workgroup I'm under 🤫
​​​​​​

Yes yes I can. Although that is not entirely true, some internals that I know have been given start dates for training and they are caught in limbo with EBAs as well. Which is why it’s becoming even more frustrating 🤔 I’d be happy to talk more privately about this, feel free to DM me haha

Croissant2
17th Jan 2023, 01:38
Loving the content provided in this thread! Thank you all!

Anyone currently in the role that can speak to the pros and cons of the cabin crew international position?

I'm in the final stages of recruitment and it's always been a dream job but with the industry and company changes over the years, I wonder if it's all it's cracked up to be?

Keen to see some rosters, hear more about layover details (apparently most are now only 24 hours!), love/ hate experiences of the in-flight services, fatigue management, travel perks, careers progression.

I would also like to know what the layover times are like. Obviously it’ll differ from LA/Toronto - Tokyo/Singapore but is it like 72 hours in LA and 24 hours in Tokyo?

Skiesthedream
17th Jan 2023, 02:46
Can someone pls advise what the notice period email was?

I’m internal melb and didn’t receive anything
thank you :)

Dreamergirl
17th Jan 2023, 02:51
It was just an email asking us to supply our notice period for ground school dates! It specifically stated in the email that it was not an offer of employment but I think they are sussing out numbers :'( I got the same email back in November and advised less than 7 days and did not hear anything back yet multiple people I knew got offered MEL GS for Feb. Wish I knew how they select for ground schools :(

Skiesthedream
17th Jan 2023, 03:40
It was just an email asking us to supply our notice period for ground school dates! It specifically stated in the email that it was not an offer of employment but I think they are sussing out numbers :'( I got the same email back in November and advised less than 7 days and did not hear anything back yet multiple people I knew got offered MEL GS for Feb. Wish I knew how they select for ground schools :(

ah thank you. I guess that makes sense why us internals didn’t get it, as we don’t have a notice period as same employer. They decided when we go 🤣 or don’t go

Flight2022
17th Jan 2023, 09:41
Are you starting in Feb or March?

im starting February GS

I also received the noticed period email and was called the same day I responded with my commencement date.
I have a short notice period so it’s possible those who can start in the next 1-3 week will get a call for Feb schools

Flygirl12345
17th Jan 2023, 22:57
Hey guys, how long did people wait to receive their contracts?

1plus1is11
19th Jan 2023, 00:10
Yes yes I can. Although that is not entirely true, some internals that I know have been given start dates for training and they are caught in limbo with EBAs as well. Which is why it’s becoming even more frustrating 🤔 I’d be happy to talk more privately about this, feel free to DM me haha

Hi,

Interesting.... are these people with starting dates casuals or full timers and I'm guessing they are applying for Syd? They should send something out tomorrow as they did say early to mid Jan.
I think we all know what they'll say in the email 😆

1plus1is11
19th Jan 2023, 00:35
I would also like to know what the layover times are like. Obviously it’ll differ from LA/Toronto - Tokyo/Singapore but is it like 72 hours in LA and 24 hours in Tokyo?

Hi,

Time at destination varies (SYD-LAX) it can be around 33 hrs for a 4 days trip or 63 hrs for a 5 days trip. Japan is around 39 hrs.

If you asking about multiple destinations trip like you stated 'LA/Toronto - Tokyo/Singapore'
These don't exist.

​​​
​​​​​

abbeyD123
19th Jan 2023, 02:09
Hi,

Time at destination varies (SYD-LAX) it can be around 33 hrs for a 4 days trip or 63 hrs for a 5 days trip. Japan is around 39 hrs.

If you asking about multiple destinations trip like you stated 'LA/Toronto - Tokyo/Singapore'
These don't exist.

​​​
​​​​​
Thannk-you!

Do you have location examples - Asia, Europe, NZ ? Would love to know more!

Do you feel like it's often enough or are you always tired? :)

QFFLYER22
19th Jan 2023, 02:49
Hi,

Interesting.... are these people with starting dates casuals or full timers and I'm guessing they are applying for Syd? They should send something out tomorrow as they did say early to mid Jan.
I think we all know what they'll say in the email 😆

😃 lots of internals have commenced QCCC training in both SYD and MEL, however permanent Qantas employees from Jetstar, Qantas Ground and QantasLink. No MAM or Altaras as of yet. Hope this helps

debbieitaly
19th Jan 2023, 22:15
I'm interested to know about the Syd-Perth-Rome flight too. It seems really long, and im wondering how the crew manage to get enough rest. Does anyone know any cabin crew who have done this one and what the layover/rest times are? Thank you in advance ♥️

QFFLYER22
20th Jan 2023, 00:33
I'm interested to know about the Syd-Perth-Rome flight too. It seems really long, and im wondering how the crew manage to get enough rest. Does anyone know any cabin crew who have done this one and what the layover/rest times are? Thank you in advance ♥️

😉 The LHR base London crew will apparently doing FCO ROME when they return, Rome will be built in to a LHR perth pattern.

LHR-PER-FCO-PER-LHR. It won’t be operating with AUS based crew. The first seasonal ROMEs were operated by AUS based crew however.

Yumm34
20th Jan 2023, 03:39
😉 The LHR base London crew will apparently doing FCO ROME when they return, Rome will be built in to a LHR perth pattern.

LHR-PER-FCO-PER-LHR. It won’t be operating with AUS based crew. The first seasonal ROMEs were operated by AUS based crew however.

Oh wow, I didn’t know about this.
Are there any other destinations that AUS based crew will not operate? Sad to hear that Rome is done by London crew :(

1plus1is11
20th Jan 2023, 09:48
Thannk-you!

Do you have location examples - Asia, Europe, NZ ? Would love to know more!

Do you feel like it's often enough or are you always tired? :)

Hi,

Well destinations depends on seasons and aircraft types.
A330 (out of Sydney) = Bali, Jakarta, Manila, Singapore, Seoul, Hanada, Bangalore, Auckland
B787 (out of Sydney) = Los Angeles, Vancouver, Johannesburg, Dallas Fort Worth
A380 (out of Sydney) Dallas Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Singapore

You can count Europe out, these will be operated by UK crew by the time you start flying.
If you wanna go Rome and Paris out of Sydney you might need to wait for few years when project sunrise commences.

I don't do these long flights, on these wide bodied aircrafts there are dedicated crew rests (flat beds, except A330) so it's not like you will be up and flying whole 12+ hours.
You will get 1st and 2nd breaks, all up about 4-6 hours, so you will get a chance to have a sleep/rest during the flight.

You either will feel very tired or energised when you first start flying because its all new and exciting but eventually it will be repetitive and you just wanna stay in hotel room and rest, all comes down to the individuals. Everybody handles fatigue differently.

1plus1is11
20th Jan 2023, 09:51
😃 lots of internals have commenced QCCC training in both SYD and MEL, however permanent Qantas employees from Jetstar, Qantas Ground and QantasLink. No MAM or Altaras as of yet. Hope this helps

Hi,

I thought so, the contingent workers are the last to go 😆

debbieitaly
24th Jan 2023, 01:50
Hey guys I just wanted to check on the Sydney-Perth-Rome flight. I was told Sydeny-based crew do this one. Are we sure UK-based crew currently operate this?

QFFLYER22
24th Jan 2023, 05:33
Hey guys I just wanted to check on the Sydney-Perth-Rome flight. I was told Sydeny-based crew do this one. Are we sure UK-based crew currently operate this?
😉 Hi debbieitaly

It’s currently not operating, Rome is only seasonal, AUS crew operated the services in 2022 season, however word on the street the next season it will be operated with London Crew QFCCUK, it must be more economical to use a LHR 787 crew as they are in Perth, rather than an east coast based crew, not all Qantas trips are operated by Australian crew, QFCCUK crew operate London - Perth, London - Singapore
NZ Jetconnect crew operate Brisbane- LA and flights to Delhi as well as hold positions on all Qantas Long Haul flights. I would not expect you will find your self operational on a ROME Service anytime soon.

abbeyD123
24th Jan 2023, 17:50
Congratulations! Is your GS in Sydney?

Anyone here offered March or beyond?

Olivia1
26th Jan 2023, 19:20
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone from December 1st AD has gotten a GS date yet?

Flygirl12345
26th Jan 2023, 20:28
Hello everyone, just wondering if anyone from December 1st AD has gotten a GS date yet?
hey, I was 29th November and was offered March GS 2 weeks ago

Olivia1
26th Jan 2023, 20:30

Thats awesome! Congratulations 🎉 Hopefully I’m not far off

Flygirl12345
26th Jan 2023, 20:45
Thats awesome! Congratulations 🎉 Hopefully I’m not far off
thank you! You will definitely hear soon :)

anyone else been called for 6th March?

br787
27th Jan 2023, 02:54
Congrats! I was also at the 29th Nov AD but haven't heard anything yet...

theskyismyhome
27th Jan 2023, 04:13
Hi,

I thought so, the contingent workers are the last to go 😆

Received any emails from talent acquisition yet?

Flossyb
27th Jan 2023, 06:52
thank you! You will definitely hear soon :)

anyone else been called for 6th March?

A friend of mine has been offered March GS. His AD was before mine, and I was 23/11. I’m so ready!! Hopefully soon 🤞🏻

Flygirl12345
27th Jan 2023, 09:11
A friend of mine has been offered March GS. His AD was before mine, and I was 23/11. I’m so ready!! Hopefully soon 🤞🏻
oh amazing!! Was it 6th March start date??

badbadnotgood
27th Jan 2023, 18:35
Hi everyone!

Has anyone else received an email last about applying to Jetstar and that you are in the “active hold pool”?

Does that means that we won’t get a call pretty much but with nicer words?

Croissant2
27th Jan 2023, 23:41
Hi everyone!

Has anyone else received an email last about applying to Jetstar and that you are in the “active hold pool”?

I got that email to and don’t know what to make of it. My application still states “in progress” on workday 😓

1plus1is11
28th Jan 2023, 00:13
Received any emails from talent acquisition yet?

Hi,

Talent acquisition haven't got much to inform, EBA needs to be certified so hiring can begin and people on hold can be released.

FAAA is fighting it to the end even it looks very likely it will get certified. If they didn't challange it in the first place, people would have been endorsed and out flying by now.

TA is still waiting for release date so they can assign training dates, don't expect anything until this drama is resolved.

debbieitaly
28th Jan 2023, 03:40
Hi everyone!

Yep, I got that email too. And that was after receiving about 4 calls fromTA the week before about getting my alcohol amd drug test redone so it's not expired before potential commencement date. She even said in the last phone call "everything is perfect now and hopefully the next call you receive from us will be a job offer". Then I see they've made job offers to people since that phone call and then I received the email regarding jetstar. Wow, how disheartening to know they've decided I'm more suited to jetstar. Very sad 😔 😪

Flighty12345
28th Jan 2023, 04:04
What bases are they asking about for Jetstar? Is it just Sydney or Melbourne as well?

QFFLYER22
28th Jan 2023, 20:39
They have had 4 International GS commence each week back to back since about September, together Qantas Domestic Altara GS, so many new Qantas Cabin Crew, word is that the ground schools are slowing down now, as they have active applications it’s better to offer them employment with subsidiaries rather than a no / unsuccessful email. They have done this in the past as well. Hence why they have offered Jetstar roles, it’s not that you’re not good enough for Qantas it’s just timing has not aligned.

1plus1is11
29th Jan 2023, 01:46
.........I haven’t submitted my response yet, I was tempted to click interested just to be able to undergo training and have a job as I put everything on hold, thinking I would be training in Jan/Feb, as Qantas mentioned in my AD in October if we were successful.

But it seems like working for Jetstar would mean an even longer wait for a transfer to Qantas?..... .

Hi,

I say don't do it.
It might be tempting but believe me, applying internally is not easy. You will be put on hold for months and months and months and many more months.
​​​​​​
If you really want to fly, do it with other airlines. Airlines with no association with Qantas.

Just say if you're employed by Bonza for 3 months and you go applying again for Qantas international, you will go through pretty fast where as if you work for Jetstar for 3 months you won't be able to apply until you've been in your role for atleast 12 months and there's the uncertainty of waiting for a training date so you possibly could be looking at 24 months...

Good thing come to those who wait, don't do it otherwise you will be in the same situation like alot of us are in right now.

FFDAZZ
29th Jan 2023, 08:28
I didn’t receive any email regarding jetstar. I redid my medicals last monday as it had lapsed and haven’t heard anything since the notice period email.. hopefully soon though
How long does it take for medicals to lapse ?

Croissant2
29th Jan 2023, 13:41
i believe its 90 days?? But they didn’t tell me til just over 3months

did you have to pay the $300 or $150 again? 🥴

Flossyb
30th Jan 2023, 04:15
oh amazing!! Was it 6th March start date??

He thinks first week of March, but hasn’t had a contract sent as yet.

Wallingwhales
31st Jan 2023, 03:17
Anyone applied back in October 2022, still have not heard back yet?

Flighty12345
31st Jan 2023, 05:25
Anyone applied back in October 2022, still have not heard back yet?

Applied in Jan 2022 and have not heard back either.. welcome to the club 😴

1plus1is11
31st Jan 2023, 05:44
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1080x633/screenshot_20230131_170715_edit_49364824178924_6879df2703e4b eca76a4132280d66b13512c8a90.jpg

Congratulations Flossyb, you are the 1000th postie in this forum.
🎉🎊👏👏1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣👏👏🎊🎉

littlenicky23
1st Feb 2023, 02:07
Hi everyone!
Anyone here on the 16th of November AD? Done everything and I’m still waiting for that golden call. I also got the Jetstar email which is kinda disheartening but still hopeful.

Koko90
1st Feb 2023, 07:42
Have any JQ altara crew successfully applied and been accepted?

Spice5
2nd Feb 2023, 04:08
Hey, Did anyone attend the assessment day in Sydney today? If so, how was it... Did they talk about how long until a potential ground school if successful?

Tidda
3rd Feb 2023, 03:23
Hey, Did anyone attend the assessment day in Sydney today? If so, how was it... Did they talk about how long until a potential ground school if successful?

Hey, i was in the 9am AD yesterday, if all checks and everything is comleted in time the next available date is in April sometime!

I already reciced my email that I've been progressed to the next stage from there, apparently theyre moving through applicants pretty quickly! They're hiring around 1000 international FA this year! All year round they will have groud schools going!

Bronte86
3rd Feb 2023, 07:29
It’s good to hear they are still actively recruitment tho. I thought they stopped assessment days so the above posts are reassuring.
The last communication I got was that I’ve cleared everything and they’ll be in touch when they allocate a GS… that was about 3wks ago 🥴
I guess the waiting game continues….

debbieitaly
5th Feb 2023, 00:41
Hi everyone!
Anyone here on the 16th of November AD? Done everything and I’m still waiting for that golden call. I also got the Jetstar email which is kinda disheartening but still hopeful.
My AD was on 16th November too :-(

debbieitaly
6th Feb 2023, 03:01
Hey guys, as you have probably assumed from the title of my message, i finally got my golden call just now 🥰🤩. I'm so ecstatic. My training will be in Abu Dhabi and it starts on March 21. Don't give up hope beautiful people, i'm proof that it can happen at any time, even when you think you've missed out. Crossing my fingers that heaps of you receive that call this week too. Oh and guess what, we DO fly to Rome, the lovely lady told me to get my second language certified (italian) so i can join her this year on the Rome flights ❤❤❤

Flossyb
6th Feb 2023, 04:10
Hey guys, as you have probably assumed from the title of my message, i finally got my golden call just now 🥰🤩. I'm so ecstatic. My training will be in Abu Dhabi and it starts on March 21. Don't give up hope beautiful people, i'm proof that it can happen at any time, even when you think you've missed out. Crossing my fingers that heaps of you receive that call this week too. Oh and guess what, we DO fly to Rome, the lovely lady told me to get my second language certified (italian) so i can join her this year on the Rome flights ❤❤❤

Omgosh!! How exciting!! When was your AD? Mine was 23/11 and still haven’t heard anything 😫 Is your ASIC fully approved? I haven’t heard about mine yet, so not sure if this might be the holdup. Hoping it’s nothing else

debbieitaly
6th Feb 2023, 23:26
Omgosh!! How exciting!! When was your AD? Mine was 23/11 and still haven’t heard anything 😫 Is your ASIC fully approved? I haven’t heard about mine yet, so not sure if this might be the holdup. Hoping it’s nothing else
My AD was on the 16th of November. Yes my ASIC is fully approved, it took about 1 week. I called TA to follow-up on how mine was going, they're always very helpful. I definitely recommend giving them a buzz just to get an indication of how everything is travelling with your application and to put your mind at rest. Good luck xx

br787
6th Feb 2023, 23:36
My AD was on the 16th of November. Yes my ASIC is fully approved, it took about 1 week. I called TA to follow-up on how mine was going, they're always very helpful. I definitely recommend giving them a buzz just to get an indication of how everything is travelling with your application and to put your mind at rest. Good luck xx
Hi debbieitaly, would you be able to share the number for TA that you called? Would be good to get an update!

badbadnotgood
7th Feb 2023, 05:36

BRAVISSIMO! congratulations! I’ll def keep my hopes up, that is amazing! keep us posted on the process so we can have a insight 🙌 hopefully i’ll get my call this week, they wouldn’t asked me to certify my other languages if i’m a native speaker right? I also speak italian but my mother tongue is spanish, could you tell me how do you get in “certified”? good luck and once again! congratulazioni!!!

Koko90
8th Feb 2023, 00:27
Does anyone have any news or know anything in regards to internals, specifically team Jetstar/altara going over to QCCA?

Olivia1
8th Feb 2023, 04:35
Hello everyone, has anyone else had the call recently? I understand they are allocating more schools, however I am very confused at how this all works

Completed everything, asic is cleared and just feeling so anxious waiting for this call 😔 Really hoping it is very soon

EkAdelaide
8th Feb 2023, 06:59
Hi all,

Got my medical scheduled for Friday and thought I’d do a practice run of a few things in the gym.

My heart rate on the 3 min step test was higher than I expected and is deemed ‘poor’ based on what articles say. I was pretty surprised as I didn’t feel winded whatsoever, and I go to the gym regularly. I could only think it’s the anxiety of the situation, I’ve been pretty anxious since the AD lol. I also did it straight after a gym session, maybe I should try again after a long rest.

Anyone have experience with a poor result in this area of the medical? I was able to complete everything else pretty comfortably.

This is just my personal view.

I think they look at the medical report holistically, and something like heart rate (on its own) would not be a reason to reject someone, unless of course it was extraordinarily high and there were signs of struggle during the exercise.

Of course there are some components which would be a fail on its own e.g. failing alcohol or drug test. But I know many people who were not perfect in one area, but OVERALL they could display they could undertake the cabin crew role.

If they have concerns, they may contact you for a second opinion/further clarification. For example, I know people who struggled with the hearing test or blood pressure, but were able to get through after obtaining additional information.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts / experiences on this.

Mel2022QF
9th Feb 2023, 00:28
Re the medical:

Agree with EKAdelaide that they would be looking at our overall result, of course we need to complete the tasks.

Different Bodycare will likely have slightly different equipment like every gym does but the equipment shouldn't make any difference overall to how you get on. Mine used a barbell for the overhead push and the floor to waist 32kg lift it was a gym box with a bunch of weights in it.

I found the medical was nerve-wracking, despite the preparation work I'd been doing in the gym, and I regularly train and lift weights.

I was worried about my blood pressure and heart rate going into the medical, I measure it all the time and it's normally optimal/normal but the anxiety of the medical was showing high results when I would measure it at home that week in anticipation.

To keep your heart rate down I suggest go into the medical well rested, no caffeine in the system. Ask them if your resting BP/Heart rate shows high results if they don't say anything, they might give you an indication and if it is tell them you're anxious, it's totally understandable in context.

With the step test, I imagine that they would want to see your heart rate at the beginning and the end and not see that there was a significant increase in those 3 mins. My advice is focus on your breathing and take it calmly. What wouldn't be good is is your heart rate shoots up quickly.

Good luck all, I know the medical can be tough because it's that final hurdle, but do what you can to prepare beforehand and big breaths during you'll be fine ;)

Sus04
9th Feb 2023, 03:05
Hello everyone, has anyone else had the call recently? I understand they are allocating more schools, however I am very confused at how this all works

Completed everything, asic is cleared and just feeling so anxious waiting for this call 😔 Really hoping it is very soon

I had AD in Nov 2022. I got a call in Jan from TA to say I had completed everything, medical and ASIC and now in the Active Hold pool. Still waiting for that phone call 🤞

EkAdelaide
10th Feb 2023, 22:10
Quick question guys.

When you’ve emailed your certificates to TA, did you get an auto-response confirming receipt of your email?

I ask because I got an auto-response when I sent my first certificate, but when I emailed the other two, I didn’t get the same auto-response, and just hoping it hasn’t gone missing in cyber space!

Js_s
13th Feb 2023, 05:05
I am on the stage of getting IDcard , anyone has an idea how long nornally does it take?

Skiesthedream
13th Feb 2023, 09:35
Finally got rejected for Melbourne base today after applying in January 22 😢 guess they don’t need any more experienced flyers joining them..don’t understand why I couldn’t even make it to an assessment day.
I’ll try again on my 4th attempt next time.
hope one day I will get to fly with you lucky ones 🤞🏻

so sorry you had to wait that long for that email xx wishing you all the best for next time

Fly009
13th Feb 2023, 21:46
Good morning all. How long after you receive call for GS date until contract arrives? Already a week and nothing as yet...

Koko90
13th Feb 2023, 23:32
Any news on any internal applications? Do you know if they will move us over anytime soon?

1plus1is11
14th Feb 2023, 00:08
Any news on any internal applications? Do you know if they will move us over anytime soon?

Hi Koko90,

Which workgroup are you in?
We've got told conversion will begin in late April, depedent on availability dates and business requirements. Very much in the air at this stage... 🌪️

Koko90
14th Feb 2023, 00:14
Hi Koko90,

Which workgroup are you in?
We've got told conversion will begin in late April, depedent on availability dates and business requirements. Very much in the air at this stage... 🌪️

Hello,

I am JQ internal, applied late last year and still waiting for any kind of updates, application just says “in progress” Which workgroup are you in?

1plus1is11
14th Feb 2023, 01:09
Hello,

I am JQ internal, applied late last year and still waiting for any kind of updates, application just says “in progress” Which workgroup are you in?

I see, so I'm guessing you're team Jetstar not Altara... I'm in the SH workgroup.
A mate of mine told me his friend from Jetstar got ground school, this was before Christmas.
I thought you guys would be easier to be released since Altara hires 24/7.

Anyhow, good news is there is no expiry date on the application so be strong and hang in there 💪

FL23
15th Feb 2023, 07:56
Has anyone attended AD 14FEB got your successful email?

natashaanne
15th Feb 2023, 20:06
Has anyone attended AD 14FEB got your successful email?
Hi FL23,

Can I ask when you submitted your application? I applied about a week ago and completed the questionnaire but yet to hear anything back?

Thanks!

debidomo
15th Feb 2023, 20:11
Anyone here going to GS in Abuh Dhabi in March 14th?

Slth1
16th Feb 2023, 01:54
14th March in Abu Dhabi here 🙋🏽‍♂️

Sent you a message :)

Koko90
16th Feb 2023, 03:55
I see, so I'm guessing you're team Jetstar not Altara... I'm in the SH workgroup.
A mate of mine told me his friend from Jetstar got ground school, this was before Christmas.
I thought you guys would be easier to be released since Altara hires 24/7.

Anyhow, good news is there is no expiry date on the application so be strong and hang in there 💪
Hey! No I’m altara, but we can apply as internals now as altara hire for QF (if that makes sense?) from what I heard we need to be endorsed by our manager and then wait for an offer. But also need to hire more team before we are able to cross over. Fingers crossed for April 💫✈️

Fly009
16th Feb 2023, 04:21
Doing the online learning etc. Do we need to print out all those manuals prior to first day?l and complete the answers re safety equipment. I'm a tad overwhelmed to say the least

Js_s
16th Feb 2023, 06:28
Can you share your ad and how long did you take from asic and background check

Bronte86
16th Feb 2023, 07:29
Hey everyone,
So like many of you I have been waiting patiently for that golden call… finally today I received it! Super excited to get my wings back, just wondering if anyone out there will also be doing part of their training in Abu Dhabi? My start date is the 21st March… really looking forward to heading back to the Middle East 💃🏼

Sus04
16th Feb 2023, 09:22
Hey everyone,
So like many of you I have been waiting patiently for that golden call… finally today I received it! Super excited to get my wings back, just wondering if anyone out there will also be doing part of their training in Abu Dhabi? My start date is the 21st March… really looking forward to heading back to the Middle East 💃🏼
Congratulations, great news! When did you have your AD?

debidomo
16th Feb 2023, 10:39
Can you share your ad and how long did you take from asic and background check

My AD was 23/11, golden call 23/01, workday account created+ email confirmation of employment 1/02 , contract sent on 2/02

Ham555
16th Feb 2023, 10:51
Hey everyone,

Congrats 🥳 how exciting. Can you confirm if this
is for Sydney or Melbourne base?

FL23
16th Feb 2023, 12:04
Hi FL23,

Can I ask when you submitted your application? I applied about a week ago and completed the questionnaire but yet to hear anything back?

Thanks!

I applied late December and did my AI questionnaire on 5Jan. Informed to be progressed by an email on 11Jan which advised that an assessment booking email will come as soon as the next assessment days are available. AD email came on 20Jan with a link to book a time slot on 2Feb or 14Feb. Attended my AD on 14Feb 9am, got my email of progression, Xref etc. the next day’s late night. Don’t worry. No news tends to be good news, as it looks like rejection emails sent out much faster than successful emails. Once receiving the link you’ll need to book your assessment asap as the slots are limited. Otherwise you’ll have to wait for the next ones. Good luck!

debidomo
16th Feb 2023, 12:14
Doing the online learning etc. Do we need to print out all those manuals prior to first day?l and complete the answers re safety equipment. I'm a tad overwhelmed to say the least

how's you learning program like? When you starting service and when you flying out?

Bronte86
16th Feb 2023, 20:30
Congrats 🥳 how exciting. Can you confirm if this
is for Sydney or Melbourne base?

Thank you so much 🥰 This is for Sydney base.

Bronte86
16th Feb 2023, 20:32
Congratulations, great news! When did you have your AD?

Thank you ☺️ I had my assessment day on the 23/11.

Flossyb
16th Feb 2023, 21:40

I wish!! When did you get your call?

Flossyb
16th Feb 2023, 21:41
Thank you ☺️ I had my assessment day on the 23/11.

Me too!! When did they call you? I’m so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Bronte86
16th Feb 2023, 21:49
Me too!! When did they call you? I’m so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I was in the 9am AD, maybe we crossed paths ☺️ I got a call late yesterday afternoon… I’m sure you’ll get yours soon also 🤞🏽

debidomo
17th Feb 2023, 03:19
I wish!! When did you get your call?

on 23rd January

Js_s
17th Feb 2023, 09:10
My AD was 23/11, golden call 23/01, workday account created+ email confirmation of employment 1/02 , contract sent on 2/02
have you got a id card to your address?

Js_s
17th Feb 2023, 09:25
Hi,i am waiting my asic approval…it’s been 3 weeks…

Rosey123
17th Feb 2023, 22:30
Does anyone have the number for talent acquisition so I can contact them ?or a different email or a specific person I can contact.

I have had my application in a year ago and haven’t heard from them

much appreciated

debidomo
18th Feb 2023, 01:13
have you got a id card to your address?

got the ASIC Qantas ID on 7/02

Js_s
18th Feb 2023, 02:46
have you got a phone call or email ??

Whitekoala
18th Feb 2023, 23:30
Hey! I’m also waiting for the call.
Are there any other destinations where you can get called out to do the training beside Abu Dhabi and Sydney? And how many people are usually in one training class.

Js_s
19th Feb 2023, 02:53
got the ASIC Qantas ID on 7/02
have you gat a call from qantas by phone call or email??

debidomo
19th Feb 2023, 19:50
have you got a phone call or email ??

that was a phone call on the 23/01

TrolleyD
19th Feb 2023, 20:07
Good morning all. How long after you receive call for GS date until contract arrives? Already a week and nothing as yet...

After waiting 1 week I sent an email stating that I was reluctant to resign from my position until I had signed the contract. I received it within 24 hours.

debidomo
19th Feb 2023, 23:35
Hey! I’m also waiting for the call.
Are there any other destinations where you can get called out to do the training beside Abu Dhabi and Sydney? And how many people are usually in one training class.

Melbourne and Brisbane. But I heard Melbourne is full at the moment

Olivia1
20th Feb 2023, 06:11
Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask this because I’m curious, but has this call got something to do with notice periods? The email we received about a month or so ago, I put one week or less

Whitekoala
20th Feb 2023, 07:04
Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask this because I’m curious, but has this call got something to do with notice periods? The email we received about a month or so ago, I put one week or less

I also got that email last month and put one week or less.
Today I got the call for a start date end of March.
So I guess it doesn’t really matter?
even though I would love to start ASAP🤭

Olivia1
20th Feb 2023, 19:35
I also got that email last month and put one week or less.
Today I got the call for a start date end of March.
So I guess it doesn’t really matter?
even though I would love to start ASAP🤭

Amazing! When was your assessment day?

Whitekoala
20th Feb 2023, 23:14
Amazing! When was your assessment day?

TrolleyD
22nd Feb 2023, 20:38
Anyone here starting GS in Sydney on March 7?

Koko90
23rd Feb 2023, 00:23
Hello, anymore news on internals from anyone? Application still “in progress” what’s the process? Do we wait for an email, or call from TA, or our manager? Can we still be made unsuccessful or is it just a waiting game? Any insight would be greatly appreciated 😃

Skiesthedream
23rd Feb 2023, 01:33
Hello, anymore news on internals from anyone? Application still “in progress” what’s the process? Do we wait for an email, or call from TA, or our manager? Can we still be made unsuccessful or is it just a waiting game? Any insight would be greatly appreciated 😃

haven’t heard anything or know anything.
maybe they are hoping to backfill our current roles before offering us to go across

debidomo
23rd Feb 2023, 02:59

Usually unsuccessful applications will get notified quicker ( within couple of days )

as have been told here " no news, are good news "

keep your options open, all times 😉😉😉

1plus1is11
23rd Feb 2023, 04:12

Hi Koko90,

This is an excerpt of an email we received couple weeks back.

'Today, we received an update from the business regarding training dates. The current plan, which is subject to training availability and operational requirements, is for training conversion courses to take place over several bid periods commencing in the bid period starting 24 April. In the weeks ahead our Workforce Planning team will start confirming these dates and once confirmed you will be notified.'

Koko90
23rd Feb 2023, 04:38
Hi Koko90,

'Today, we received an update from the business regarding training dates. The current plan, which is subject to training availability and operational requirements, is for training conversion courses to take place over several bid periods commencing in the bid period starting 24 April. In the weeks ahead our Workforce Planning team will start confirming these dates and once confirmed you will be notified.'

Hmmmm, I’m internal and didn’t receive this email! How strange, thank you for the update though

1plus1is11
23rd Feb 2023, 11:24
Hmmmm, I’m internal and didn’t receive this email! How strange, thank you for the update though

There would be a huge pool of people internally ranging from ground to office, crew to customer support roles so I'm guessing everyone are at different stages.
The wait is insanely long though....

Croissant2
24th Feb 2023, 18:20
Do you get your overnight allowance during GS if you’re Melb based training in Sydney or Sydney based training in Abu Dhabi?

Olivia1
25th Feb 2023, 00:17
Are there any people who were at the 1/12 AD and received the GC yet?

Seems like the last couple of people who got the call were from 23/11 and 24/11 AD’s, just trying to get a sense of where they’re up to :)

Also do we have an idea on average number of people who are progressed after an AD? Obviously it will vary but just a rough estimate.

Hey EKAdelaide, I was also on the 1/12 AD and waiting on the call as well, I have hope it is very soon :)

Skiesthedream
26th Feb 2023, 08:42
Hi Koko90,

yeah good to know. I’m internal too, applied for melb and didn’t get this email.

can I ask what department you currently are and which base applied for?

1plus1is11
26th Feb 2023, 11:26
yeah good to know. I’m internal too, applied for melb and didn’t get this email.

can I ask what department you currently are and which base applied for?

Hi,
This email was sent to contingent crew, we applied back in Jan 2022.
Sydney is the priority at the moment, Melbourne won't have much movement internally Im guessing that's why it's at snail's pace.
I applied for the base with high priority.
Which area of the business are you in?
It seems Jetstar/Alatra & MAM crew are all being held up.

Sus04
28th Feb 2023, 05:38
Hi all,

Any other SYD basers receive an email to transfer to the MEL holding pool and endeavour to provide 6 weeks notice prior GS?
I have no opinions about it, but just curious because I didn’t receive any emails earlier regarding applying to Jetstar.

Yes, received the Melbourne email and previously received the Jetstar one also. Hoping this means some more Syd basers will be notified for GS soon🤞

Flighty12345
28th Feb 2023, 05:56
Hi all,

Any other SYD basers receive an email to transfer to the MEL holding pool and endeavour to provide 6 weeks notice prior GS?
I have no opinions about it, but just curious because I didn’t receive any emails earlier regarding applying to Jetstar.

well if that’s true that’s frustrating for people like me who were waiting months and months for Melbourne assessment days only to be told no more recruitment happening, application withdrawn. If I’d known that I would have reapplied for SYD months ago.

Koko90
1st Mar 2023, 06:14
I’ve heard of some altara crew being contacted for GS in May/June. Does anyone know if altara can hold you from going over to QF like JQ does?

Olivia1
1st Mar 2023, 06:30
I’ve heard of some altara crew being contacted for GS in May/June. Does anyone know if altara can hold you from going over to QF like JQ does?

Is this for Melbourne base or Sydney base?

Koko90
1st Mar 2023, 06:32
Is this for Melbourne base or Sydney base?

hi Olivia, it’s for SYD base. Are you internal too?

Olivia1
1st Mar 2023, 06:36
hi Olivia, it’s for SYD base. Are you internal too?

This is extremely confusing with how this all works, I’m external and just hanging around waiting to start

Skiesthedream
1st Mar 2023, 08:48
Hi,
This email was sent to contingent crew, we applied back in Jan 2022.
Sydney is the priority at the moment, Melbourne won't have much movement internally Im guessing that's why it's at snail's pace.
I applied for the base with high priority.
Which area of the business are you in?
It seems Jetstar/Alatra & MAM crew are all being held up.

yeah I’m team Jetstar applying for Melbourne -

AA1997
2nd Mar 2023, 03:05
Hey everyone!

I made a post at the beginning of Feb saying that I was still on hold and was offered Jetstar. I ended up saying no to the offer and last week I got a call telling me I’m through to training on the 27th of March! Anyone else starting GS in Sydney on that date?

Update: I sorted everything for my US visa eventually…😅 the process is a pain but pretty happy it’s all sorted now! Good luck to everyone else if you need any help shoot me a message!

jadenjosh123
3rd Mar 2023, 04:11
Hey everyone!

I made a post at the beginning of Feb saying that I was still on hold and was offered Jetstar. I ended up saying no to the offer and last week I got a call telling me I’m through to training on the 27th of March! Anyone else starting GS in Sydney on that date?

I’ve uploaded everything I need to Workday and applied for my US visa but I’m struggling with the payment. I was wondering if anyone else had that issue? It won’t let me pay online and I can’t view the form needed for AusPost. Does anyone have the C1D1 payment form for Auspost payment in person, or know how I can get it? I’m also going to ask my Qantas TA rep but I thought I’d ask here as well.

If so it would be a great help! Thanks 😊
Hi AA1997! congratulations! When did you do your AD?

AA1997
3rd Mar 2023, 05:26
Hey Jayden thank you! I did my AD on the 8th of November.

TrolleyD
3rd Mar 2023, 18:13
Do you get your overnight allowance during GS if you’re Melb based training in Sydney or Sydney based training in Abu Dhabi?

Yes you do.
MLB base training in SYD will get an upfront allowance of around 6.5K. Abu Dhabi is 16K

everythingcrossed
27th Mar 2023, 05:33
Has anyone heard anything since their reference checks this year?

Kayd23
14th Apr 2023, 03:30
Has anyone heard anything since their reference checks this year?

when was your AD?

Kylie walker
19th Apr 2023, 07:40
Does anyone know when we receive the offer of employment email? Is it after GS? Thanks

Eminthesky
20th Apr 2023, 14:23
Does anyone know when we receive the offer of employment email? Is it after GS? Thanks

yes after you got your golden called then you’ll received the offer.

Wooj
21st Apr 2023, 10:59
yes after you got your golden called then you’ll received the offer.

Hi Eminthesky! Just wondering, did you get the call from TA? (for GS or any updates)

Eminthesky
21st Apr 2023, 20:22
Hi Eminthesky! Just wondering, did you get the call from TA? (for GS or any updates)
Hi Wooj,

No I haven’t received anymore updates

Kayd23
21st Apr 2023, 21:27
Neither have I. I think we will have to wait at least a couple more weeks. I emailed TA to check if everything has been cleared i.e. security check and medical but I haven't received a response. Has anyone else reached out to TA about the application recently?

Eminthesky
21st Apr 2023, 22:07
Neither have I. I think we will have to wait at least a couple more weeks. I emailed TA to check if everything has been cleared i.e. security check and medical but I haven't received a response. Has anyone else reached out to TA about the application recently?

yes hopefully we’d hear something around beginning of May, which is our month 2 mark.

please keep us posted Kayd23.

Kayd23
21st Apr 2023, 23:27
I'll keep everyone posted! Are you internal or external?

Eminthesky
22nd Apr 2023, 05:43
I'll keep everyone posted! Are you internal or external?

I’m external.
what about you? Were you there in the morning or afternoon on 7th March?

Kayd23
22nd Apr 2023, 05:57
Also external. I was in the morning session. Were you in the morning or afternoon session? I agree I think if we are successfull we'll hear something in May - 2 month-ish mark

Eminthesky
22nd Apr 2023, 09:26
Also external. I was in the morning session. Were you in the morning or afternoon session? I agree I think if we are successfull we'll hear something in May - 2 month-ish mark
oh I was there in the morning too!
Yep keep fingers cross🤞🏻

Kylie walker
24th Apr 2023, 20:15
Qantas website under maintenance until 27th April

Kylie walker
25th Apr 2023, 09:14
[QUOTE=Kayd23;11423805]Neither have I. I think we will have to wait at least a couple more weeks. I emailed TA to check if everything has been cleared i.e. security check and medical but I haven't received a response. Has anyone else reached out to TA about the application recently?[/QUOTE.

omg you did your medical?
That’s great news, Congratulations!!!
Ive just been asked to complete my ID for asic. No medical yet.

Shellou131
25th Apr 2023, 11:28
HI, I attended AD on March 7th and I have not heard anything apart from the email that they apologise for the delay and that my application is still under consideration. Super excited to hear from them!!

everythingcrossed
26th Apr 2023, 09:59
Oooh I was there 7th of March as well - so maybe no one has heard anything ?

Kayd23
26th Apr 2023, 10:47
HI, I attended AD on March 7th and I have not heard anything apart from the email that they apologise for the delay and that my application is still under consideration. Super excited to hear from them!!

Hey Shellou, I think you sent me a private message a week ago but I couldn't reply because your inbox was full (or it might have been someone else because I deleted it as we can only have 1 message in there at a time). Anyways, I don't think we will get a response for a week or 2 weeks minimum. I'm also excited - hopefully all goes well with everyone. Patience and positive thinking :)

everythingcrossed
20th May 2023, 04:35
Has anyone that was at the AD on the 7th of March got a GS date yet?

Shellou131
20th May 2023, 23:33
No, I have not heard anything since the email sating that the process is taking longer than expected. Hopefully I hear something soon!

Absonthisforum
28th May 2023, 11:20
Has anyone that was at the AD on the 7th of March got a GS date yet?
so glad I found this forum! I haven't heard anything other than what has been written above by others either! Following this forum to stay updated!

everythingcrossed
29th May 2023, 06:50
so glad I found this forum! I haven't heard anything other than what has been written above by others either! Following this forum to stay updated!
Have you done your medical yet?

Absonthisforum
29th May 2023, 22:30
Have you done your medical yet?
Yep, I have finished everytheverythhave received the two emails saying apologies that the process is taking longer than expected. So hopefully just waiting on a GS date.

everythingcrossed
9th Jun 2023, 06:46
So they sent out another email today - check your in boxes!

Kylie walker
11th Jun 2023, 05:39
So they sent out another email today - check your in boxes!

thanks Eveeythingcrossed, I’ll check myworkday..

naa187
19th Jun 2023, 07:55
Hi, Can anyone give me an idea on what comes next?? AD done, First Aid, RSA and Swim Certificates requested and sent, References requested and both done, Request for Security ID submitted. Does the medical get done after the Security ID comes Back??? And then GS dates after that if all good??? Thanks for any advice :))

Kayd23
19th Jun 2023, 21:15
Hi. What position are you applying for i.e. International/Domestic and is it with QANTAS directly or a hiring company like Atlara?

After the security check you will recieve an email and text message asking you to book your medical (body care and drug test from a pathology lab). After all the processes have been cleared (can take many months) and a ground school starts with space you will be offered a position. However, at the moment, international cabin crew positions have been told that ground schools will start at the end of the year. Word of advice, once you complete all steps, just keep yourself busy until you get the golden call - as waiting is apparently the hardest part. (I'm still waiting with my AD early March this year).

Also this page is used more often with lots of advice and tips already discussed - https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/644916-qantas-international-cabin-crew-recruitment-2022-a.html

Hi, Can anyone give me an idea on what comes next?? AD done, First Aid, RSA and Swim Certificates requested and sent, References requested and both done, Request for Security ID submitted. Does the medical get done after the Security ID comes Back??? And then GS dates after that if all good??? Thanks for any advice :))

naa187
19th Jun 2023, 21:35
Thank you. I am Qantas Domestic. At my AD the interviewer said "be ready cause it will now move quite quickly now". I guess my idea of quick is probably a little different to theirs

Kylie walker
20th Jun 2023, 03:17

Yes, letter of offer, congratulations with your GS start date. Well done, you made it! x

Didi_
10th Jul 2023, 19:57
Hey everyone :)

So i had my AD june 13th and i have completed pretty much everything now

RSA
First Aid
Swim Assessment
Security ID Submitted
Ref Check
Medical
and this morning i booked in to do my drug and alcohol test

i am praying this is the end haha , i cant wait to start gs !!

hope everyone is doing well

Kylie walker
12th Jul 2023, 07:31
Great job Didi!

Didi_
12th Jul 2023, 10:15
[QUOTE=Kylie walker;11465958]Great job Didi![/QUOTE

thanks heaps … i think i have finally completed everything now as yesterday i had my drug and alcohol test and obviously i was clear,

i hope i hear back soon for GS

Mila.C
14th Jul 2023, 01:43
Same as with me, I completed everything (ASIC application, medical, swimming, documents) in the first 2 weeks of hearing back, then recently was asked to do the drug and alcohol screening, which I did at the start of the week. I really hope they send through invitations to ground school soon, I can't wait! Maybe they're just waiting to confirm numbers or something?

Didi_
14th Jul 2023, 08:57
Same as with me, I completed everything (ASIC application, medical, swimming, documents) in the first 2 weeks of hearing back, then recently was asked to do the drug and alcohol screening, which I did at the start of the week. I really hope they send through invitations to ground school soon, I can't wait! Maybe they're just waiting to confirm numbers or something?

congrats on getting to the final stretch Mila.

we are both in the exact same boat , I honestly cant wait to get the call.

i did my AOD test on Wednesday.

i just received an email from TA apologising for the delay in the recruitment process.

i guess we will find out in a few weeks more details.

Kayd23
15th Jul 2023, 10:12
What base did you guys apply for?

Didi_
15th Jul 2023, 19:51
What base did you guys apply for?
I applied for Sydney :)

Kylie walker
16th Jul 2023, 02:13
I applied for Sydney :)

I applied for Melbourne base

Didi_
18th Jul 2023, 07:31
I just got an email regarding giving current notice :)

how exciting!!

We would like to take this opportunity to gather information on your current notice period.

Kylie walker
18th Jul 2023, 12:24

how exciting!!

We would like to take this opportunity to gather information on your current notice period.

I take it this is good news, but what on earth does current notice mean?

Mila.C
19th Jul 2023, 07:59
I take it this is good news, but what on earth does current notice mean?

It's how much time you need to give your work to tell them that you're quitting. I put in a week or less because I'm on casual and my contract only requires me to give an hour minimum. Pretty sure most work places require 2 weeks notice though.

flyq
25th Jul 2023, 10:03

how exciting!!

Hi All,
Just want to share my timeline with you all, I am in the same boat as you guys Milla and Didi.
ADL Base MAM Casual role
AD: 6/6
Ask to submit Certificates (1st aid, swimming and RSA): 7/6
Reference check: 8/6
Background check (ASIC): 14/6
Pre-employment check: 21/6
D&A test: 11/7
Notice period email: 18/7

At my AD I did advise that I have booked a holiday coming up in OCT. When I received the notice period email I emailed and double confirm that I am unavailable in OCT, Today I just checked when my ground school will start and they told me I will not get an offer until after my holiday.
I would like to know if you guys have any updates yet let me know when your ground school start.

Also, is anyone working under MAM contract? What are their roster, pay, and benefits like, is this usually a stepping stone or?

Didi_
11th Aug 2023, 18:02
I am in honest disbelief i finally got the golden call last week for GS for the 16/08.

i am super excited, nervous and happy.

Although my resignation will be on Monday with my current employer it only gives me one day to do my online classes and put sone business look’s together.

Who else is in my GS ? :)

tsara.c
12th Aug 2023, 03:13
I am in honest disbelief i finally got the golden call last week for GS for the 16/08.

Although my resignation will be on Monday with my current employer it only gives me one day to do my online classes and put sone business look’s together.

hey didi! i met you at our AD, i was the one who told you about the lash glue :)
just wondering, what day did they call you last week? x

tsara.c
12th Aug 2023, 03:16

and was it a private number!