View Full Version : Modular EASA training USA

tonker
20th Mar 2023, 13:27
Hello all

My son is looking to start a modular EASA CPL course, and is looking for schools in the US. Does anyone have any recommendations for a modular course(24 months) including prices with accommodation etc if possible.

Thanks in advance

Tonker

rudestuff
20th Mar 2023, 13:49
24 months? Don't do it. Go to the US on an F1 visa and train for FAA certificates up to CFI. Then get a job instructing up to 1500 hours. Study for the EASA ATPL exams and flight tests part time whilst instructing. At the 1500 hour point the options will be either come home and try for a possible job in Europe, or stay in the US, apply for change of status and walk into a jet job in the biggest aviation market in the world...

tonker
20th Mar 2023, 16:48
Due to financial reasons ie mine, he will have to train over 2 years.

gerpols
21st Mar 2023, 08:54
And while your training in the US, participate in the Green Card Lottery !!

rudestuff
21st Mar 2023, 09:01
Due to financial reasons ie mine, he will have to train over 2 years.
The longer you spread the training out the more expensive it will be. It's better to get everything done in a shorter period even if that means waiting. What's your budget?

tonker
21st Mar 2023, 15:32
I need to spread the cost over 24 months. £60,000

VariablePitchP
22nd Mar 2023, 11:20
I need to spread the cost over 24 months. £60,000

Have a good think about the cash side of things. If you’ve not got the cash up front, will he need to work alongside? Is that going to be possible in the US?

If he can’t work and you’re trying to pay as you go, what happens if you have a change of circumstances and the tap runs dry?

Final thing, are you ready for the follow up £30K for type rating etc? Licence on its own is fairly useless.

Welcome to aviation :}