PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia - Catering

Icarus2001
19th Mar 2023, 06:33
Terminal PA regularly heard lately…

Due to catering issues there will be no food or drink on board the aircraft. We suggest you avail yourselves of the facilities in the terminal to purchase food to consume on board.

What sort of second rate developing country airline is this? Almost ready to float, just a little more lipstick required.

PoppaJo
19th Mar 2023, 07:38
I’d say it’s all going to plan, payday is fast approaching​​​​​. You won’t hear a peep from anyone inside for the next 60 days, standard behaviour for new market listings. Don’t want to spook the Mum and Dad investors. Expect some fluffy PR stuff to lure them in also, check out the website, this glossy looking ‘Wonderful’ campaign is all part of the plan.

Will be interesting to see how much Bain offloads, would be a good indicator as to how much milking is left to be done. They won’t want to potentially spook the market either with a heavy offload, keep the band aids in check for another year or two then cut it loose. Cycle then starts all over again soon after. All the employees want is stability and a decent wage.

Australopithecus
19th Mar 2023, 08:32
All of the above rings true. Judging however by the competition you ain’t missing out on much. There’s only so much “sh*t on a shingle” that you can dish up before the punters lower their expectations. Your low standards give us scope to lower ours. Soon we will all be Jetstar.

AmarokGTI
19th Mar 2023, 11:19
I heard “you are welcome to purchase food from the terminal” as part of the PA this week. That was TSV or CNS. Can’t remember.

What other ports is it happening at?

Mr_App
20th Mar 2023, 02:43
Almost ready to float

Alarm bells sounding.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fbusiness%2Favi ation%2Fcredit-suisse-fall-clouds-prospects-for-virgin-australias-3bn-float%2Fnews-story%2Fd89e678babcb8eb364e1e5a45b16dde3&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-groupb-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

smiling monkey
20th Mar 2023, 04:15
Alarm bells sounding.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fbusiness%2Favi ation%2Fcredit-suisse-fall-clouds-prospects-for-virgin-australias-3bn-float%2Fnews-story%2Fd89e678babcb8eb364e1e5a45b16dde3&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-groupb-control-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Sorry, can't read it due to PayWall

Bumble_Pilot
20th Mar 2023, 10:43
https://simpleflying.com/virgin-australia-ipo-concerns-after-credit-suisse-collapse/?newsletter_popup=1

Can read this one. You’ll get the gist.

megan
21st Mar 2023, 06:46
Your low standards give us scope to lower ours. Soon we will all be Jetstar.I'm one of those pax that can fly the longest domestic flight without the necessity of being fed, watered yes, the food on the full service airline is not something that I would brag about going by the offering just before covid. Just one pax's observation, no complains about Jetstar which family often uses, looked after commendabley when an aircraft went tech and had to be put up overnight in Brisbane.

tossbag
21st Mar 2023, 07:36
Seriously, you need a feed on a aircraft on any flight in Australia? By the looks of most people getting on aircraft they wouldn't need a feed for a week.

It bemuses me a great deal when people complain about the food served on an aircraft, buy a ****en sandwich before you get on the plane.

Icarus2001
21st Mar 2023, 10:30
You have, once again missed the point.

I do not NEED a feed. In fact the offering is so poor now that I usually pass. The point is if you want to be a full service airline then you have to provide the basics, all day everyday. Just like if you want to be a five star hotel you must have a pool and 24 hour room service.

Theses things are not negotiable.

tossbag
22nd Mar 2023, 08:24
If you want to be a full service airline you can 'provide' sweet ****all. The bull**** that people go on with when it comes to eating on a plane. Sharp is right, bring out party pies and sausage rolls and people will scoff them.

PPRuNeUser01531
22nd Mar 2023, 23:29
Complimentary bottle of water available for those that want it on entry to aerobridge and reduction of fare cost. 98% of pax would vote this up if surveyed. Geez the airlines go about things the hard way.

Australopithecus
23rd Mar 2023, 02:48
I used to pax in Europe on Lufthansa a bit 35 years ago. They had a rack with pre-packaged show bags at the top of the aerobridge. Very tasty sandwich, newspaper, water and fresh fruit. Coffee etc on board. Easy and no catering trucks.

deja vu
27th Mar 2023, 07:49
Time to do away with on board toilets on domestic flights. The terminal has plenty for use just before take off and for longer flights pax can just learn to hang on. Probably squeeze 8 more seats on a 737, sounds like a plan.

SOPS
27th Mar 2023, 07:59
I used to pax in Europe on Lufthansa a bit 35 years ago. They had a rack with pre-packaged show bags at the top of the aerobridge. Very tasty sandwich, newspaper, water and fresh fruit. Coffee etc on board. Easy and no catering trucks.

You are correct. I also did a lot of paxing with LH years ago and that system worked very well.

TBM-Legend
27th Mar 2023, 09:20
Terminal PA regularly heard lately…

What sort of second rate developing country airline is this? Almost ready to float, just a little more lipstick required.

Son flew VA Sunday night SYD-BNE. Departed an hour late with no explanation and offered nothing. slow bags in BNE too

megan
28th Mar 2023, 03:17
Time to do away with on board toilets on domestic flights............ pax can just learn to hang onYou're not thinking outside the box far enough, if they got rid of the seating just think how many strap hangers they could fit in. ;)