PDA

View Full Version : Moving B1 from Irish CAA to Dutch CAA?

deutschemark
17th Mar 2023, 13:44
Due to Brexit I transferred my UK B1 to the Irish CAA, then applied to get my UK B1 back; which I now have. I went for an Irish License to cut down on any potential language issues but it seems the Irish CAA processing times to add a type rating for instance seem to be very long. Last time I added a type it took around 8 months, by which time I had moved employer and no longer needed the type rating on the EASA License anyway. The UK CAA took just a couple of weeks to do the same even though the course was an EASA and not UK CAA Approved one; so it was more complicated for them.
Has anybody had experience of changing their license from one EASA NAA to another besides UK-EASA? Is it possible and how difficult and expensive would it be?

rudestuff
17th Mar 2023, 13:49
Would you need to?

Tom Sawyer
19th Mar 2023, 02:05
I moved mine from UK to Ireland due to Brexit as well, and can't say I noticed a major difference in processing times between the two. Typically, if you are waiting for something, it always takes ages.
A mate of mine has his Licence through the Netherlands CAA (KANA?), and it recently took him nearly a year to get a Licence validation, so maybe worth a bit more investigation of Authorities depending on what your end goal is.