PDA

View Full Version : Current situation at AHK?

Saul.Goodman
17th Mar 2023, 12:39
Hey guys,

Just got an email a few days ago inviting me for an interview with Air Hong Kong. No info on anything yet, except the interview date.

Anyone gone through recently? Would be happy to hear about the experience. For note, I was told it is 8 days on 6 days off. I am looking at commuting, still in South East Asia. Is this workable?

Thanks all, hoping to hear something good here!

Auto_Flt_APOFF
18th Mar 2023, 07:53
7-10 current pilots on notice to go to CX. some already gone. rumours are that the pilots leaving to go to CX are getting an "enhanced" package at CX. whatever that means.

8 on 6 off / 12 on 9 off are options

how long can you survive flying nights?

East
18th Mar 2023, 19:37
7-10 current pilots on notice to go to CX. some already gone. rumours are that the pilots leaving to go to CX are getting an "enhanced" package at CX. whatever that means.

8 on 6 off / 12 on 9 off are options

how long can you survive flying nights?

I am interested in commuting to HK.

Do they offer a hotel in base while 12 on period? or do I have to find a spot to stay while I am in base?

SloppyJoe
19th Mar 2023, 11:47
Let me guess, if there is a commuting option:

To be varied at the company's sole discretion. Not in a contract, some handbook that has absolutely no recourse from the pilot when it is taken away without discussion.

Auto_Flt_APOFF
19th Mar 2023, 14:10
I am interested in commuting to HK.

Do they offer a hotel in base while 12 on period? or do I have to find a spot to stay while I am in base?

Free hotel
free breakfast

main_dog
19th Mar 2023, 22:41
Sounds like CX are starting to introduce commuting packages. Two colleagues at my carrier have resigned to return to CX.

Where did you hear this Fac6? I work in CX, haven’t heard of this. Would be good, though the devil would be in the details.