PDA

View Full Version : BA Euroflyer callsign?

JanetFlight
14th Mar 2023, 19:33
Hi all... Besides the fact new euro division BA euroflyer has already been given an official code by ICAO and Iata, no radio telephony aka callsign until now... Does anyone knows if it will be given any or simply will use *echo fox whisky plus numbers* when talking with the Atc?
Tks, JF

DaveReidUK
14th Mar 2023, 21:55
Hi all... Besides the fact new euro division BA euroflyer has already been given an official code by ICAO and Iata, no radio telephony aka callsign until now... Does anyone knows if it will be given any or simply will use *echo fox whisky plus numbers* when talking with the Atc?
Tks, JF

Long-term use of a six-syllable callsign sounds rather unlikely - when are they due to start operations ?

JanetFlight
23rd Mar 2023, 03:00
Acc new wikipedia update will be given the word "GRIFFIN"...if its real or not i really dont know ??

sewushr
23rd Mar 2023, 06:02
They are already operating, but as a 'production carrier' for British Airways, so flights operate with BAW flight numbers and the Speedbird callsign (in the same way that Ryanair's Maltese and Polish subsidiaries all use RYR/Ryanair flight numbers, even though each has their own ICAO designator and callsign). I don't know whether this is the long-term plan, but I don't see why it would change.