PDA

View Full Version : Vacancies In Canada

leee
30th Aug 2002, 01:03
Hello, I have recently moved to Canada and converted my license and i am now looking for work:) (1000+ hrs ). But i seem to of arrived at the wrong time of year :confused: . If anybody has any contacts or advice they would care to share please email me [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Cheers Lee.....

Randy_g
30th Aug 2002, 15:15
It might just help if we knew what part of Canada you have moved to. The country being a little on the large size that is. :D Also you might just mention what you have done in those 1,000 hours. (long-line production work, tourist stuff, traffic watch fire suppression, that sort of thing)

Cheers

http://randyspics.tripod.ca/gifs/naughty.gif Randy_G

http://randyspics.tripod.ca/gifs/bear_eating_picnic_md_clr.gif

leee
3rd Sep 2002, 19:35
Hi, I am actually living on Vancouver Island BC but didnt mention where i was living as i realise i may have to move to work. As for my experience, i have been working in America ( dont hold that against me im English ) as an instructor, charter pilot, tours( from the end of piers) and photoflight person ( the general kind of stuff in your first job ) lots of time flying around New York (using the heliports along the rivers) doing the above, went to the Robinson course a couple of times and did the Bell ground school, but unluckily no helicopter was available so didnt get to fly.
Well thats just about me to date. Know of anything going at the moment?????:D

Cheers Lee...

grundog
6th Sep 2002, 22:48
Lee,

As ex-RAF Rotary I'm toying with the idea of going to the US for maybe fixed wing or rotary CPL and instructer rating.
doing it is no problem, staying in the country to work is the difficult bit. How did you get to stay in the US and get permanent work?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

grundog :confused:

paco
11th Sep 2002, 09:50
You can get a J1 visa for 2400 bucks through a cultural exchange program, provided you have an "employer" who is going to give you some "training".

Phil

grundog
11th Sep 2002, 16:29
Paco,

Thanks very much - got your drift - nice use of quotes!! :D