PDA

View Full Version : Over 200 attend Nottingham Bash…………..

The Boy Lard
22nd Jan 2001, 13:29
Honestly, it was absolutely packed!

I’d like to thank everyone who was there and I hope everyone had a safe journey home, I know a few of you had rather long distances to travel. (Like Lands End and John O Groats!)

Brian Clough and myself got there first clutching my PPRuNe balloons, much to Brian’s displeasure. We had to move from our originally planned meeting point because we wouldn’t have all fitted in which managed to confuse one or two of us.

We were joined shortly by QNH1013 who had indeed been fooled by our evasion tactics. QNH1013 was most disappointed that he was driving so was on soft drinks, indeed he was the first to leaver claiming the voices in his head were telling him to have a drink!

Matelot was next bringing with him his alter ego (Your secrets safe with me). Then in short order we had PerfectPFL and Schooner who Brian Clough new in a round about kind of way but didn’t know it.

We thought that was going to be it but sliding into home base at the last gasp before food was ordered was TimC with his two “Outoftown” guests. One bloke was from Worcester and flies out of my home airfield Halfpenny Green A.K.A Wolverhampton Business Airport! And also TimC brought a lady who was I’m sure you will all agree by far the prettiest PPRuNer there. (The fact that she was the only lady present may have something to do with it)

Then last but not least Ja arrived, an Apache driver resplendent in his leather jacket and white scarf!

We had a really good mix of age and experience ranging from early 20’s to early 50’s PPL Twin IR to one hour powered and two glider flights.

I make absolutely no apologies for the quality of my jokes, they made some laugh (Or was that groan?)

We ate, talked and (some of us) drank (Schooner and Brian Clough spring to mind!) and certainly for me I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

To a man (And woman) you all agreed that we should make this a regular event, so I’m proposing that we make it a quarterly get together and that we do “something different” in April (But not necessarily cheaper Schooner sorry).

Good luck to all the young lady in your search for sponsorship and many thanks to Brian Clough who bravely stepped into the breach and organised things when my wonderful employers decided that I had spent a little too much of my working day on PPRuNe and pulled my plug!

Watch this space for details of the next Nottingham Chapter of PPRuNe bash.

[This message has been edited by The Boy Lard (edited 24 January 2001).]

Perfect PFL
22nd Jan 2001, 14:51
Thanks for organising it Brian Clough and TBL. I'll look forward to the next one. :)

QNH 1013
22nd Jan 2001, 23:32
Seconded ! C U at the next, or a fly-in?

matelot
23rd Jan 2001, 12:22
TBL - Aye, excellent - but I've never heard it called plug-pulling before!

Roll on the next one. :)

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

Perfect PFL
23rd Jan 2001, 13:09
A fly in some where would be excellent. :)
I'm sure we must have enough PPL's between us to fit everyone into an aircraft. Probably have to be in the summer though, need to have guaranteed good weather.
What does everyone else think?

The Boy Lard
23rd Jan 2001, 20:56
I think a fly-in is a great idea, just as long as its not Netherthorpe!!!

I'm going to try and get some details about doing a sim day, maybe in April when the weather is not so predictable and then maybe a fly-in in July?

What does everyone think?

------------------
The Church is near, the road is icy
The bar is far, I'll walk carefully

Perfect PFL
24th Jan 2001, 14:28
Both sound like a good idea to me. :)

matelot
24th Jan 2001, 15:42
IN.

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

X-Citation
24th Jan 2001, 22:52
Hi Guy's!

Yes, you'll know who I am - hint-first post!
It was great to meet you all last Sat. - thanks to TBL and Brian Clough for organising it.
Look forward to meeting you all again soon!

X-Citation (this was the best I could come up with!!!-sorry!)

QNH 1013
25th Jan 2001, 03:52
XC,
Welcome, and a great pprune name. Now we're all on pprune !
Isn't it amazing how the posts keep coming nearly a week after the bash. I vote for a fly-in next.

Perfect PFL
25th Jan 2001, 16:30
Welcome to pprune, X-Citation. :)
It was good to meet you as well last sat, we'll have to all get together again soon.

I think the fly-in would be a great idea :) any ideas where we could have it though?

TimC
27th Jan 2001, 16:07
Fly in? Anyone wanna give a lift? :)

Ja
27th Jan 2001, 19:26
TimC

Share the cost of G-BOHH from Gamston ??

TimC
27th Jan 2001, 19:52
Wassat then? And how much would it cost?

Ja
27th Jan 2001, 20:33
TimC

tis a C172. 4 seats so we can get 2 more.

If is is not too ambitious, how about a fly in to Duxford?

Ja
27th Jan 2001, 20:40
forgot ................. £84/hour

Toby Tyke
28th Jan 2001, 02:30
Hey Ja
G-BOHH sounds good to me.
rgds
Toby
ps-Are you that good looking chap in the white Scarf who fly's that Apache up and down the UK.

Ja
28th Jan 2001, 19:04
Yes, but you forgot to mention the cool shades!!

TimC
28th Jan 2001, 19:43
Ahhh, but my shades are cooler! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/super-cool.gif

[This message has been edited by TimC (edited 28 January 2001).]

TimC
1st Feb 2001, 04:47
Toby, were you at the bash in Nottingham?

Ja, Duxford would be great! Ever been to the flying legends air show? I'm probably getting a lift with someone else to the pprune fly in though.

[This message has been edited by TimC (edited 01 February 2001).]

Perfect PFL
1st Feb 2001, 13:52
I don't remember anyone called Toby Tyke from the Nottingham bash either?
If you were there, give us a clue.