PDA

View Full Version : JAA Multi/Night in USA, HELP!

Trainee pilot
16th Jan 2001, 14:51
Hi all, I am having a major trauma, I need to get my JAA Multi and Night qualifications by the time I finish my JAR ATPL ground exams so I can get on with the CPL(also before the days are too long). Over here obviously the weather is a problem so I spoke to the CAA and you can do them over there at JAA approved schools with no further exams on return! It would cost about the same when you include flights etc but hopefully with better weather. I have looked at lots of schools in California and also in Florida (Orlando Flight Training seems quite cheap, they are also part of cabair) Does anyone know if I am doing the right thing(not booked yet), or has anyone been there or another school to train, e.g any advise? I know these topics come up time and time again but I am getting a bit flustered and need some friendly, helpful advise PLEASE !!!! Thanks all...

[This message has been edited by Trainee pilot (edited 16 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Trainee pilot (edited 16 January 2001).]

rolling circle
17th Jan 2001, 02:50
You may complete the MEP and night at any school approved for those courses. As of 31 December 2000, according to the CAA list of approved organisations, only the following are approved:

International Flight Training Academy
Naples Air Center
PanAm Flight Training Academy

No other school in the US is currently approved for the MEP

robione
17th Jan 2001, 09:38
ARE ANY OF THE ABOVE QUALIFIED TO INSTRUCT FOR JAA FI{r],IR ETC

flying kid
17th Jan 2001, 17:14
pan am flight academy in ft pierce has 4-5 jaa instructors all from the uk very nice college to look it up

rolling circle
17th Jan 2001, 20:17
robione - Only IFTA are approved for the FI(R). You can always check the latest list at:

http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_ApprovedFTOs.pdf

robione
18th Jan 2001, 09:26
THANKS ROLLING CIRCLE

Trainee pilot
18th Jan 2001, 16:07
Thank you Rolling Circle, I checked with the CAA and you are right, however, Orlando Flight Training should be approved by next week, they are just finalising the details but if you had not posted I may have made a big mistake......thanks again.

Bear Cub
19th Jan 2001, 07:56
According to OFT they already are approved for multi training ....and keep on telling people so.

I'd be curious to know if anyone hass done a multi rating THIS YEAR at any school other than those three - were the applications accepted by the CAA? If so, surely there is no point in looking for a school that has to recoup its costs of an inspection visit.

rolling circle
19th Jan 2001, 14:48
I called the CAA last week and was told that, during the changeover to JAA, they have been accepting training at schools which were in course of approval. They also said that from 31 Jan 2001 this will cease and, unless you trained at a school on the approved list, you will not get the rating issued.

Orlando Flight Training are not on the current approved list and, unless they can show you their approval certificate (or a photocopy thereof), I would be very careful about training there.

Superfly
20th Jan 2001, 02:08
Trainee Pilot,

I did my Night + Multi recently in O.B.A > got the job done in 2 weeks and even had time to build up 20 hours, got paper work straight from the CAA 10 days after my return > all ran smoothly. I found that the flight training (Multi) was good >> but the theory part was CR@P > books not up to date and no help whatsoever from any member of the staff. My Best Flight was actually the check-ride ! learnt a lot that day.

I'm not getting paid to recommend OBA or anything, I just got the job done quickly, efficently as I wanted it to be .

Happy landings

Bear Cub
20th Jan 2001, 07:18
Hey...last I heard was that ALL mention of a particular school from somewhere around Daytona was banned on pprune...is it now just all BAD stuff - or ALL stuff.

robione
21st Jan 2001, 17:20
Someone please correct me if i am wrong.To prevent any legal battle ensuing,one can say what one chooses as long as the magic word
ALLEGEDLY
appears,then you can slag who you want.FRED BLOGGS SCHOOL OF FLYING IS A PILE OF *****,ALLEGEDLY, would be quite defendable.Radio stations in particular use this tactic when there presenters go on slagging sprees,if its good enough for them surely its good enough for pprune users,UNLESS U OF COURSE KNOW DIFFERENT,and i will stand to be corrected

Capt PPRuNe
22nd Jan 2001, 05:17
Firstly, robione, you are well out of order and just inserting the word 'allegedly' does not absolve you of responibility for your comments.

Secondly, let me just clarify my position on comments about flight training organisations and mention of them here on PPRuNe. Here at PPRuNe Towers we try to act responsibly with regards to how our bulletin board is used. It is a powerful medium and recognised in the industry as a source of information but that information has to be reconciled with the fact that the poster may be making comments from behind a cloak of anonimity.

Everyone who has registered a Username and posts on this bulletin board has agreed to the rules of the bulletin board. Those of you who are unsure of those rules should go to http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/Ultimate.cgi?action=agree and read them again.

An important part of that agreement states: <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.</font>

Please also note this bit: <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">We at this BB also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.</font>

Please understand that criticism is allowed of anyone or organisation and criticism is just that, a critical review based on a personal experience. Criticism in itself is not abuse but too many of you don't seem to be able to differentiate between the meanings. You must also be aware that to stave off threats of litigation that are sometimes received, whether rightly or wrongly we need to know the identity of the person making the post in case there is a complaint about the content and the complainant can be put in touch with the poster and follow up directly with them.

Too many of you lunge into abuse without considering the consequences and too many of you don’t realise that criticism is something completely different. As long as anyones criticism is based on first hand experience and they have lodged with us their real identity then it can go on the forums. We do not want to see the petty follow on types of third party claims which usually start something like ”my mate went to XXX and he said the instructors were cr@p and...” you get my drift?

So, inserting the word ‘allegedly’ does not let you or anyone else off the hook and as far as I am concerned anyone using that has to lodge with us here at PPRuNe not only their own details but also the details of the person they are ‘alledging’ made the comments. If you have been to a particular school and you want to make a criticism, or praise for that matter, identify yourself and provide dates and details of courses you were on. That is acceptable.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

robione
23rd Jan 2001, 10:50
Thank u CPT PPRUNE,like i said in my post, i stand to be corrected,and corrected i have been.As u will have read in my post,i was not slagging any individual or organisation,but passing a comment on what i believed to be the truth, that the use of the said word was o.k.I now know that it is unacceptable in this forum and fully understand your position.I have taken your comments on the chin like a man and will abide by them.My only gripe is your opening line seemed a bit harsh,WELL OUT OF ORDER.Out of order for stating what one believed to be true.Standing to be corrected might have seemed a little more in order considering some of the previous postings and personal slanging matches that have taken place previously on pprune,my comment was mild by any measure.That said i hope to continue to reap the rewards of you and your colleages hard work for pprune,and fully appreciate all of your efforts.