PDA

View Full Version : Axial Spondyloarthritis DGCA Medical

Anik
4th Mar 2023, 07:46
I am 23 years old, and recently applied for Class 2 Initial medical. My AME made me Fit but DGCA medical team made me temporary unfit, because I have Axial spondyloarthritis (Early stage of Ankylosing Spondylitis) and I take Sulfasalazine medicine (Aminosalicylates). They told me to go for next review to an Airforce station. Besides do I have to stop the medication? I have no back pain problem since 1 year and during my medical all my submitted reports were normal. Still they made me temporary unfit. I don't have any muscular limitations. At this point I am very hopeless should I continue with the medical or leave? My AME told because I have no issue related sudden incapacitation in the cockpit they will make me fit. But the result from DGCA came completely opposite. Also the sulfasalazine medicine has no side effects on me. But they told I have to appeal for it with evidences that Aminosalycylates won't interfere with flying duties. Please help me if possible on this regard as what I should do?
In india I believe there is very few example of pilots continuing flying with Ankylosing spondylitis.