View Full Version : Aircraft Security - Remote Areas

Sunfish
27th Feb 2023, 19:22
I'm starting to hear news from the occasional miner and former police from remote areas that all is not well in the great Australian Outback. While I don't have details, personal and vehicle security is supposedly becoming a concern, at least for grey nomads..

My question: Is aircraft security an issue in places where the local airstrip is a few miles out of town? Tibooburra Airport and suchlike?

KRviator
27th Feb 2023, 20:13
Nope. Everyone knows that you need an ASIC to get across the two-strands of 8-gauge fence and onto the airport. No ASIC = no entry = no security threat.

Stationair8
27th Feb 2023, 20:25
No issues provided you have an approved safety vest on at all times airside.

rodney rude
27th Feb 2023, 21:23
And the full body scanners will pick up any "implements" used for breaking in to aeroplanes.

PiperCameron
27th Feb 2023, 21:37
And the full body scanners will pick up any "implements" used for breaking in to aeroplanes.

Like steel-cap boots.. That'll keep the miners away, anyways.

red_dirt
28th Feb 2023, 01:36
Like steel-cap boots.. That'll keep the miners away, anyways.

or even just the high vis stripes

megan
28th Feb 2023, 01:39
all is not well in the great Australian OutbackThey being educated to what is the norm in the cities? Rural country town - car parked in driveway, separate instances of (a) knife through tyre (b) rear window wiper torn off and thrown through next doors bedroom window (c) tow ball hitch on a Reese tow bar pinched. Big city - not home at the time and neighbour dropped off hedge trimmer and pruner in the carport, lasted for 30 minutes before stolen, one attempted break in. Brave new world.