PDA

View Full Version : Some kind of anxiety?

Nickjs
24th Feb 2023, 15:06
Dear all
There is this strange occasional nervousness that strikes me from time to time and it comes literally
just out of nowhere..
It can be from briefing the crew in the bus out to the A/C or during some normal routine passenger announcement (pulse goes up and I feel short on breath). I been changing airline company quite a lot so never been close to any Command Upgrade and somehow it feels like a relief but also a failure since this silly thing (big for me) its obstructing.

Im in my mid 40's ,two lovely kids and a perfect wife, I would say life is actually good and I dont feel so stressed in general. Anyone been through this? Hormone problem? Am I superstressed without noticing it? :confused:

Many thanks

Jordan199721
25th Feb 2023, 07:15
Dear all
There is this strange occasional nervousness that strikes me from time to time and it comes literally
just out of nowhere..
It can be from briefing the crew in the bus out to the A/C or during some normal routine passenger announcement (pulse goes up and I feel short on breath). I been changing airline company quite a lot so never been close to any Command Upgrade and somehow it feels like a relief but also a failure since this silly thing (big for me) its obstructing.

Im in my mid 40's ,two lovely kids and a perfect wife, I would say life is actually good and I dont feel so stressed in general. Anyone been through this? Hormone problem? Am I superstressed without noticing it? :confused:

Many thanks

Can you pinpoint exactly why you might feel like that? Are you new to command? Could it be that the pressure of performing in a command role is subconsciously getting to you? Do you get the sudden feeling of anxiety outside of work at anytime? Is it just related to aviation?

redsnail
25th Feb 2023, 16:51
It could be hormonal, it is worth considering and ruling out. When women go through the menopause, anxiety features a lot.
It is probably just the enormity of life and possibly the feeling that it's all going so well, am I going to lose everything?
If you have a peer support programme at work, use it. If not, speak to a doctor to put you in touch with a psychologist.
What I really want you to know is that you're not "sick" but you just need a small hand to understand how you're thinking.

ShyTorque
25th Feb 2023, 17:15
It doesn’t seem likely that the OP is menopausal.

Whatever the cause, it needs proper investigation by a medical doctor, rather than asking here!

pulse1
25th Feb 2023, 18:28
There have been huge advances in the way neuroscience understands the relationship between mind and body. There is now a plethora of people offering all kinds of help and it can be difficult to sort out the genuine ones. I would recommend finding a doctor who is up to date with current thinking and not one of the many who are opposed to it. I am fortunate in that the local National Health Service is on board and they do try to offer appropriate psychological treatment based on individual experience. They actually recommended that I listened to Gabor Mate and I would recommend him for starters. Following his teaching you might even be able to sort it out yourself.

Nickjs
26th Feb 2023, 19:39
Can you pinpoint exactly why you might feel like that? Are you new to command? Could it be that the pressure of performing in a command role is subconsciously getting to you? Do you get the sudden feeling of anxiety outside of work at anytime? Is it just related to aviation?

Funny thing is that I didnt have any of this during my first years in front!
To be honest I cant pinpoint it exactly. Im a very social and I dont have any problems to interact with people in general. I can get a bit unconfortable if the focus is entirely on me but thats completely managble and I would say its a very normal thing for alot of people. It seems to be mostly happening at work.

MechEngr
27th Feb 2023, 17:04
Take time to rule out physical ailment. For a long time I thought job stress was getting to me - turned out to be gall bladder problems leading to pancreatic duct inflammation**. Attacks would typically hit long enough when I would try to relax. Turned out that it was a shift in the ability to digest what I had been eating without trouble for previous decades that happened to coincide with dealing with jerks.

Try not to let fear-of-fear become its own problem, particularly if it's a physical problem. I would also recommend not looking for causes on Google. There are likely to be far too many truly horrific causes with overlapping symptoms when it could be simple, like a change in the amount of coffee you are drinking.

Have you noticed any large (5 foot long) seed pods in the back yard? Do family and friends seem different with an intense interest in gardening and having you sleep just a bit longer? Has anyone wanted you to eat some mushrooms they have grown in their basement? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_into_My_Cellar)

**I don't know why the pancreas and liver share a duct, but I definitely want an answer from the one responsible for that screw-up.

421dog
2nd Mar 2023, 06:54
**I don't know why the pancreas and liver share a duct, but I definitely want an answer from the one responsible for that screw-up.[/QUOTE]

I’d be happy to explain it in detail, but in reality, there’s really not a better way….