PDA

View Full Version : Airline pilot with ostomy bag.

RafalZ
22nd Feb 2023, 13:22
Hi All,

My name is Rafal and I’m 44 years old. I’m a pilot working for one of the European airline since 2016. Unfortunately I had colitis ulcerosa and on 16 January 2023 it ended with collectomy and of course stoma. I'm looking for pilots (airline but military also will do) who have ostomy bag and still flying. In the future I will have to go through aviation medical check (in order to check if I’m fit to fly) and it would be easier for me if I know any example of pilot with ostomy bag.

Thank you best regards
Rafal

421dog
24th Feb 2023, 07:45
I’m an FAA Ame and I had a (temporary) colostomy due to a really bad experience at a Chinese buffet…
I flew for a year with the stoma, (with a class 2, I don’t have an ATP so I don’t need a 1) never heard a peep from the Feds.
Standards between a II and a I over here are essentially the same except for timing and EKG requirements.
There’s really nothing that I can see that would prevent the issuance of a class 1

J1402
17th Aug 2023, 10:01
Hello, I might be facing ostomy surgery for colitis as well. I was specifically looking for information from long haul guys with an ostomy. Best of luck RafalZ. You are not alone.