PDA

View Full Version : MAS sponsorships on?

sirsushi
29th Aug 2002, 19:00
Hi everyone, i was just browsing through the MAS website and i found this particular page which IMPLIES that they re taking in sponsorships...
Am I dreaming or what? Any views on whether this is a genuine call for interested wannabes or a page fill in?
the link is
http://malaysia-airlines.com/corporate/?menu=co&mode=mas03&mode2=mas02

kwaiyai
29th Aug 2002, 22:03
May I ask who does the training for MAS out of curiousity.
Thanks, :D

SuperRanger
30th Aug 2002, 06:32
a few years ago, MAS used to send there trainees to Scotland and Australia but now they are mostly sent to Malaysian Flying Academy located at WMKM. www.mfa.edu.my.

sirsushi
30th Aug 2002, 18:49
I actually have a prospectus of the club but i'm doing my PPL with Royal Brunei Flying CLub at the moment...
By the way, SIA's website claims they're taking in cadets as well...

kwaiyai
30th Aug 2002, 20:34
Thanks for that SuperRanger That may well explain why I was contacted by MFA about a possible instructor position there.

Sirsushi have you tried MAS for a course? good luck.

All the best:)

sirsushi
31st Aug 2002, 19:42
Kwaiyai, i haven't contacted them, mainly because i don't know if it's real or a fluke. Which is why i'm posting this thread here...

kwaiyai
31st Aug 2002, 21:56
Understood, sorry I cant help you with advice on Fluke or not.
Why not give them a call or write, The worst they can do is say NO. Good luck to ya.:)

sirsushi
2nd Sep 2002, 18:13
thanks for the reply anyway. i assume you have an instructor's rating :)

kwaiyai
2nd Sep 2002, 20:29
Affirmative,
Sorry I cant help more with advice about MAS but there must be someone out there who can so anyone in the know post a reply please.
All the best :D

SuperRanger
3rd Sep 2002, 15:06
gents,

the latest i heard is MAS is indeed taking in new applicants into their cadet program. apparently, all applications will be entered into a resource pool and from there one will be selected for interview and so on. what i heard is the resource pool is dwindling thus the 'advert'. i think a conventional advert in the local papers would be made in the near future. my advise is WRITE-IN. good luck.

SR

sirsushi
3rd Sep 2002, 17:50
I know I'm not supposed to be over hopeful, but WOOHOO!!! thanks for the info. by the way, what's the story with MAS not taking in any anyway? there were rumours...