PDA

View Full Version : Thai Lion

Cabair351
14th Feb 2023, 16:59
Hello,

With China and SE Asia opening up does anyone have any idea whether Thai Lion will be recruiting expats anytime soon?

FIGJAMX
15th Feb 2023, 09:30
I think you will be waiting a long time if u were to go through thai lion. if u want to be working in Thailand as an expat u will probably will have to go through the indonesian lion air and be assigned in Thailand. They r still paying the locals at COVID rate and havent got a clear plan of when they will pay full salary again

ThrustAssymComp
17th Feb 2023, 13:11
I think you will be waiting a long time if u were to go through thai lion. if u want to be working in Thailand as an expat u will probably will have to go through the indonesian lion air and be assigned in Thailand. They r still paying the locals at COVID rate and havent got a clear plan of when they will pay full salary again

LNI pilots receive full salary since november 2022

iggy
17th Feb 2023, 13:28
After they fired around 100 pilots in October...

FIGJAMX
17th Feb 2023, 13:42

Thai Lion Air crews are still on reduced rate

ThrustAssymComp
19th Feb 2023, 03:51
After they fired around 100 pilots in October...

there is no such fired thing.

iggy
19th Feb 2023, 06:10
there is no such fired thing.

Got the info from pilots that were actually fired...

ThrustAssymComp
19th Feb 2023, 07:52
Got the info from pilots that were actually fired...

I’m there years ago, still got some friends there too, firing is too kind, leaving him not flying until his contract ends is their way.

Pulsar1
19th Feb 2023, 12:20
This is the last company in the world you want to join. Trust me.

iggy
20th Feb 2023, 05:45
I’m there years ago, still got some friends there too, firing is too kind, leaving him not flying until his contract ends is their way.

Yeah, that's actually correct...

YFloyd
8th Mar 2023, 05:42
Hello,

With China and SE Asia opening up does anyone have any idea whether Thai Lion will be recruiting expats anytime soon?
Thai Lion had a fleet of 36 A/C when Covid hit. Most of the expat Capts left by Sept 2020 and last year the last bunch were not renewed - mainly Koreans. Last I checked a few months ago, they are currently only using 10 A/C and intentionally limiting their schedule similar to Nok and TAA . Many of the experienced Thai Capts had to seek positions elsewhere, many in the ME.

It is highly doubtful that TLM will hire any expat pilots for the next couple of years especially as there are still many Thai pilots seekign jobs and CAAT is not so 'enthused' to process validations for foreign pilots. First though for that to happen, Jakarta needs to get over some previous differences with some Thai authorities and revert to the original plan for having a 50A/C fleet which they were on the way to in early 2020.

In the meantime TVJ is taking over the void that was left by TLM with an aggresive expansion plan....