PDA

View Full Version : 50h time building in a short time..where?

fiducioso
11th Feb 2023, 10:45
Hello,
I have to perform 50h of flying in a very short time in order to be able to apply for an interview.
Poland or USA? Can I fly in the USA with EASA license without conversion?
Any idea?

Thanks you

bafanguy
11th Feb 2023, 11:52
Hello,
I have to perform 50h of flying in a very short time in order to be able to apply for an interview.
Poland or USA? Can I fly in the USA with EASA license without conversion?
Any idea?
Thanks you

If time is of the essence, I'd guess doing it where no license issues are involved is best. License issues take time.

To fly in the USA "based" on your EASA license, you have to get an FAA license via the process in FAA FAR 61.75....or this other process:

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/.../AC_61-143.pdf (https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_61-143.pdf)

selfin
11th Feb 2023, 17:48
The FAA Airmen Certification Branch usually makes requests the licence verification from the foreign aviation authority within a few days of the initial request. Register an account in IACRA and submit the request there. Rocky Mountain Flight School in Colorado offers a bunch of cheap rentals to time builders. PlusOne around San Diego also has a large fleet.

You can also pick up a Canadian Foreign Licence Validation Certificate in a few days in case you fancy your chances building time in the Prairies.

flapsupboy
12th Feb 2023, 06:52
You can do it in two weeks with good weather in Hungary if you dont mind. Check out skytaxi.hu

fiducioso
12th Feb 2023, 11:58
You can do it in two weeks with good weather in Hungary if you dont mind. Check out skytaxi.hu

Hi, I talked with them and looks good but I have not found any feedback on web and social network about that school...anyway they offer:

"Hello,
Yes you can fly 6 hours per day so you can do it in 9 days. Price 110 eur if minimum fly 50 hours. 120 eur if you fly less than 50 hours in C172 and C152, including safety pilot. Landing fee only 2 eur per landing in Kalocsa, LHKA airfield. Payment cash or bank transfer.
Flat aviable for 20 eur per day (depend when you come)."

flapsupboy
12th Feb 2023, 13:28
Hi, I talked with them and looks good but I have not found any feedback on web and social network about that school...anyway they offer:

"Hello,
Yes you can fly 6 hours per day so you can do it in 9 days. Price 110 eur if minimum fly 50 hours. 120 eur if you fly less than 50 hours in C172 and C152, including safety pilot. Landing fee only 2 eur per landing in Kalocsa, LHKA airfield. Payment cash or bank transfer.
Flat aviable for 20 eur per day (depend when you come)."
I’ve done it there. If you are ready to push to your limits it can be done, I did it on the 172 there. Don’t expect any fancy buildings or avionics.

allert
20th Feb 2023, 15:39
I'll second Plus One Flyers in San Diego. Fairly cheap, large fleet and good weather.

gerpols
20th Feb 2023, 16:38
Fiducioso,
Anything yoy do in a hurry in aviation, usually ends up in a fiasco.
Relax, be cool, think twice, and breath calmly....
My 2 cents, and learned from experience.
Gerrit Pols

George Tower
7th Mar 2023, 09:02
Have you considered South Africa? The weather is decent this time of year in the Cape. Validate your licence and off you go. A Cessna 150 will set you back about £90/hr wet - less if you do a block of say 50hrs.

selfin
7th Mar 2023, 11:54
The Cape is an absolutely delightful place to fly. Morningstar Airfield has a Cherokee Warrior for R2050/hr (£93/hr) wet and a Sling 2 LSA for R1530/hr (£69/hr).