PDA

View Full Version : Cork (EICK/ORK) airport routes

eoinok77
10th Feb 2023, 11:24
Hi all - been a while since ive posted on here (lost previous login!) - When last on here there was a very active Cork airport thread but i don't see it anymore so starting a new one!

Im curious about where could i find information about load factors on routes out of Cork? - I remember on the previous thread i think a gentleman going by 'TomTheTenor' used to be able to provide them. Can i find them online myself somewhere? (my googling has failed so far!).
Also wondering what EI are up to in Cork? - For instance dropped several routes this winter allegedly due to lack of a/c (ork <-> tfs being one that spring to mind) but yet then have an a/c spare parked up there all winter?
CDG is another one that i can remember being x2 daily and is not there at all!
Thanks in advance!

tartan 201
10th Feb 2023, 11:55
The previous thread still exists: https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/638006-cork-7-a-2.html?highlight=cork#post11349145

eoinok77
10th Feb 2023, 13:47
ah yes - got a notice that moderator had moved me into the correct forum! - i was searching the wrong one - will see can i delete this thread and post over there...

10th Feb 2023, 14:22
The Load Factors were just a calculation using the CSO statistics for routes and knowledge of the frequency and aircraft type used.

It's awkward for routes served by multiple airlines (Amsterdam, Paris, Malaga, Faro and Lanzarote) as it's hard to see how the LFs compare for different airlines.

It's irrelevant now though as cso statistic gathering seemed to break down during Covid and there haven't been reliable figures published since November 2020. UK numbers can still be ascertained from CAA publications though.

brian_dromey
10th Feb 2023, 17:13
Paris is an interesting one. Air France are back daily this summer using an E90. Complements the daily KL night stopper, I guess.
Vueling keep plugging away to Orly, twice a week. Tuesdays and Sundays from memory.

EI seem to do well on AMS - they’re selling 10x weekly. I’m not sure if they still have a KL code or not.

Jamesair1
11th Feb 2023, 15:43
Any thoughts on the reasons behind Ryanair switching a 2 weekly NCL -Cork to a 3 weekly Shannon route at the end of March?.....just curious

14th Feb 2023, 13:53
I imagine Vueling are targeting visitors too Ireland. Despite being by far the cheapest airline between Cork and Paris, nobody seems to know they exist. They have done very little to publicise the route in Munster and when it's the only route they have out of Cork, nobody is going to randomly discover it on their website as happens with Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

It's a pity you can't officially use them for connections at Orly, as flying into CDG and out of Orly as Air France allow is a pain in the backside that makes a Heathrow->Gatwick transfer seem straightforward.

EI-BUD
15th Feb 2023, 05:32
I imagine Vueling are targeting visitors too Ireland. Despite being by far the cheapest airline between Cork and Paris, nobody seems to know they exist. They have done very little to publicise the route in Munster and when it's the only route they have out of Cork, nobody is going to randomly discover it on their website as happens with Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

It's a pity you can't officially use them for connections at Orly, as flying into CDG and out of Orly as Air France allow is a pain in the backside that makes a Heathrow->Gatwick transfer seem straightforward.
Vueling is offered through the Aer Lingus booking engine. It directs you to Vueling website. Aer Lingus was well known for its Cork/Paris route.