PDA

View Full Version : More regulation help needed...

hargreaves99
3rd Feb 2023, 11:19
In this document (dated May 2021):

"UK CAA Standards Document 10(H) Version 4 Guidance for Helicopters Instructors undergoing the Assessment of Competence"

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5204

it states (on page 25)....

(d) Human Performance
• Explain the principles and processes of Teaching and Learning set out in UK FCL AMC 2.340.
• Explain the Basic Physiology effects to Human Performance as prescribed in UK FCL AMC 2.125, including -Concepts, Effects of Partial Pressure, Vision, Hearing, Motion Sickness and Flying Health.
• Explain the Basic Psychology effects to Human Performance as prescribed in UK FCL AMC 2.125, including - Information Process, Central decision Channel, Stress and Judgement/Decision making.

I can find no reference to "UK FCL AMC 2.340" or "2.125" anywhere online

Can someone point me in the direction of where this information is?

GoodGrief
3rd Feb 2023, 11:26
They are references to the old JAR-FCL. Someone goofed up ?

hargreaves99
3rd Feb 2023, 12:09
I remember this document also had these errors in it three years ago.

gipsymagpie
3rd Feb 2023, 20:34
In this document (dated May 2021):

"UK CAA Standards Document 10(H) Version 4 Guidance for Helicopters Instructors undergoing the Assessment of Competence"

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?catid=1&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5204

it states (on page 25)....

(d) Human Performance
• Explain the principles and processes of Teaching and Learning set out in UK FCL AMC 2.340.
• Explain the Basic Physiology effects to Human Performance as prescribed in UK FCL AMC 2.125, including -Concepts, Effects of Partial Pressure, Vision, Hearing, Motion Sickness and Flying Health.
• Explain the Basic Psychology effects to Human Performance as prescribed in UK FCL AMC 2.125, including - Information Process, Central decision Channel, Stress and Judgement/Decision making.

I can find no reference to "UK FCL AMC 2.340" or "2.125" anywhere online

Can someone point me in the direction of where this information is?
Quite the history lesson that. I am pretty sure in JAR FCL 2.340 was FI(H) but got turned into the IRI(H) later (about 15 years ago!). 2.125 was PPL(H)

In any case, cross-referencing an old version of JAR-FCL 2 with the modern regulations, the references should read:

AMC1 FCL.930.FI Part 1 Teaching and Learning

AMC1 FCL.210; FCL.215 - Human Performance - Man and the Environment and Basic Aviation Psychology sections (from PPL(H) theoretical knowledge syllabus)