PDA

View Full Version : IE6 and Threads not refreshing?

Capt Claret
29th Aug 2002, 13:46
Can some guru please advise me.

On some threads on PPRuNe, this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62981&pagenumber=4) being an example, I am unable to see the latest posting.

As at 29 Aug 1343 UTC, the latest post was made at 29 0710 z, yet when I open the thread the last post displayed was made at 20 Aug 0702 z!

To rectify this I have tried the following, all to no avail:

Gone to FAQ and used the "Delete all cookies" link
Used "Disk Clean up" to clear cache.
Held the shift key while selecting "refresh".

I'm running IE6 with XP-Pro on an HP PIII.

flapsforty
29th Aug 2002, 14:02
Clarrie, Nowt to do with you or your software mate. :)
Capt PPRuNe has changed the system slightly.
Views are still recorded but stored in a temporary memory heap and updated in batches when certain triggers are set off.
Which considerably eases server load.
xxx

Ausatco
29th Aug 2002, 14:43
And Clarrie, it's CTRL Refresh for IE. SHIFT Refresh is Netscape (I think!)

Now my IE6 problem ...

IE very often loads part of a page then just stops. I guess it depends on the page design, but sometimes I see the bits that have been loaded, and just as often the IE screen is blank, waiting for the whole page to load. If I kick it in the guts with RELOAD (no SHIFT or CTRL), or sometimes the GO button, it then loads without stopping. Switching Webwasher (very reputable cr*p filter) on and off doesn't change things.

Win98SE, fully updated, IE6 likewise, jurassic PII 233, 256Mb RAM, 56k dialup.

Cheers

AA

Jet II
29th Aug 2002, 16:38
Try going to:

Tools - Internet Options - General - Temporary Internet Files - Settings

and then make sure that you have checked the box for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the page.

:D

PaperTiger
29th Aug 2002, 17:31
Don't know if this related to the thread problem, but the 'latest post' thingy can get updated other than by a posting.

A ratings vote will do it.
A poll vote will do it.
In either case, the latest post (verbiage) you see will be earlier than the latest date shown on the index page.

hth

sprocket
29th Aug 2002, 20:22
Claret, your link is to a poll thread. Them's the ones that go to the top when someone votes even tho' a post is not made.

PPRuNe Towers
29th Aug 2002, 21:49
Paper Tiger and sprocket have nailed the reason for most folks apparent problem.

rob

Capt Claret
2nd Sep 2002, 05:18
Thanks for the replies all.

I remain somewhat sceptical, that since 20 Aug no one has posted to the thread, yet it always shows up with a red folder.:confused: