PDA

View Full Version : muppets leaving proper jobs to join ek

McToryMug
27th Jan 2023, 16:51
a place for idiots joining ek to discuss the assessment and move to the Middle East

Jakub_738
27th Jan 2023, 19:22
Hi all

I trying to find out why people wanting to join EK are very often described as idiots? Is it really that bad? I know that T&C in legacy carriers in europe or us are much better but not every airline is BA, DH, LH or DL.
Secend question is what is relationship between pilots and cabin crew at EK. Are they friendly to each other. Are cabin crew members allowed to meet with pilots and vice-versa? During leisure and off time of course.
Kind Regards

Capn Rex Havoc
30th Jan 2023, 00:21
EK was a great gig except for all the English muppets that infiltrated it.

ThunderLizard
30th Jan 2023, 01:14
Thousands of guys enjoy the job and get along well with the crew Jakob. Some don't. It's not Afghanistan, individuals can meet up with whoever they want. The majority of the people there are switched on and you'll fly with a lot of really good aviators.

flyTheBigFatLady
30th Jan 2023, 10:42
Hi all

I trying to find out why people wanting to join EK are very often described as idiots? Is it really that bad? I know that T&C in legacy carriers in europe or us are much better but not every airline is BA, DH, LH or DL.
Secend question is what is relationship between pilots and cabin crew at EK. Are they friendly to each other. Are cabin crew members allowed to meet with pilots and vice-versa? During leisure and off time of course.
Kind Regards

people who want join EK are no idiots, but don’t know what they get into. EK is a lot of luck as many things including your career complete out of your hands. Only your last flight counts. You be the best aviator good made, if you **** up your last flight the rat doesn’t count.
if course you can meet cabin crew they are friendly. Usually rather distant to the flight deck and sometime flight deck gets reported by them not following a certain procedure. But that of courses never happens.

PPRuNeUser0216
31st Jan 2023, 04:32
All pilots have been offered their position back in the airline and seniority maintained for command etc

Pif Paf
31st Jan 2023, 06:01
Mike - not all were asked back! It all depended on how compliant they were to EK needs and requests!
The bad eggs were not asked back obviously, but also some really good guys who stood their ground over matters of principle were not asked back

flyTheBigFatLady
31st Jan 2023, 13:55
All pilots have been offered their position back in the airline and seniority maintained for command etc

Mike - I know many including myself never heard again after placing the application.
some I know with 15 plus years of command had not been asked back.
if I look to a recent senority list and after comparison with a list from 2019 tells me most pilots did not get an offer till now, and we are talking about 60%
some denied, some got rejected, the majority not invited. You can’t tell me that 500 to a 1000 pilots are marked as bad apples. If so you should certainly question the quality of hirings, then training, and definite the management

nimrodjoe
31st Jan 2023, 15:30
Mikes trying to tow the Arab line that everybody got rehired! Muppet. I know people they interviewed then didn’t take back hahaha

JB222
1st Feb 2023, 10:53
Not the case and also, not the case. Ghost date of joining applies only to staff travel and matters relating to HR ie for the benefit of those on a company wide scale. However, specific matters relating only to flight crew seniority have been lost for those returning. This includes upgrade opportunity, leave and roster bids etc.

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Feb 2023, 13:39
Not the case and also, not the case. Ghost date of joining applies only to staff travel and matters relating to HR ie for the benefit of those on a company wide scale. However, specific matters relating only to flight crew seniority have been lost for those returning. This includes upgrade opportunity, leave and roster bids etc.

cannot wait for the future posts in regards to upgrade
fo short of upgrade - rejoined got overtaken by some guys whi had total of 5 years less in the company and on top an new joiner reaching his command requirements, but gets overtaken by a rejoiner being only 2 years back

that’s gonna be something for popcorn watching the sh….. show - lol

SOPS
1st Feb 2023, 13:52
Maybe Mike lives at Costa?

Pif Paf
4th Feb 2023, 07:07
I thought they were all banned from working at costa.
Wouldn’t mike also need a vpn to access prune at EGHQ, hahaha!
😀

pfvspnf
4th Feb 2023, 22:10
Want to join to date cabin crew ? Better to become police , they get more girls not EK pilot