PDA

View Full Version : Any News on How Regional Express are going?

Java
29th Aug 2002, 12:27
Does anyone know how Regional Expresses operation are going? Any news of new routes, expansion plans and any info on employment and crew requirements . There doesn't seem to be any employment section on their website.

Cheers

Java

apacau
29th Aug 2002, 21:35
They have announced a new Mildura-Sydney route via Griffith.

Pax numbers are slowly climbing I believe.

Look for other interesting news soon.

KaptinZZ
30th Aug 2002, 00:05
Just had an email from a mate, Saab Capt, who said that loads were appallingly low, and if they don't get the advertising going fast, then they'll be loking for jobs again.

Hope not.

Pimp Daddy
30th Aug 2002, 00:18
Apparently putting a Saab back on MQL-MEL which will be good cos the we'll have a way to move pax when a Dash goes U/S - as is their want these days.

UFLA
31st Aug 2002, 00:21
Java (and all the rest of you I guess) my Sherlock Holmes trail re: employment was to phone 131713 and get the name of a "J.M." in Human Resources who does not return phone calls...

I then emailed them through the web site and received a prompt and courteous reply telling me to apply through pilot.staffcv under Hazelton Airlines.

I would suggest that they would probably have a sh!tload of experienced crew from Hazo's and Kendell banging on their door. Good Luck.

Aladdin
31st Aug 2002, 02:10
SENIOR MANAGEMENT FLEW TO SINGAPORE FOR A MEETING THIS
WEEK........ONLY THERE FOR ONE DAY........... INTERESTING TIMES
AHEAD!!!!

Rural
1st Sep 2002, 07:53
It doesn't get any easier to make a booking. Just check out : www.regionalexpress.com.au

No excuses for lack of support from the general public with such a fantastic web-site. The big challenge is winning corporate accounts, particularly Government accounts. Surely it is in the best interests of the Goverment to share some of this business..........

Transition Layer
3rd Sep 2002, 01:25
yes, lets remember they claimed their website would be the best airline website in australia and it is impressive. they also claimed to have enough capital to sustain loss making ops for 12 months. wonder if they will be right on that count!!!???

Sonny Hammond
3rd Sep 2002, 09:10
Remember the blast from the head of AOPA, where he said that REX wouldn't last longer than six months?

Check the latest Aust Aviation mag and note that the editor has said what should be said about the fat idiot.

Love your work!:D

TIMMEEEE
4th Sep 2002, 01:51
As a friend of mine in the Financial Risk Management part of the industry told me "it will all end in tears".

Strong words maybe but then again this is a man that thinks carefully before opening his mouth.
I hope he is wrong.

But then again when a company CEO starts talking about how long they can hold out and what funds trhey have intheir coffers to survive I get a bit twitchy.

It was not 15 months ago Mr Garry Toomey was stating that Ansett had over $1 billion in reserve!
Say no more!

pickle sandwich
20th Sep 2002, 13:46
Tried to call "Rex's "Head Office.....Nobody returns phone calls, faxes, emails or letters there!!!!!!!!the voice mail is so frustrating, you can never get to speak to anyone...........It seems they are running around totlly disorganised. They'll lose the business at this rate. Sorry to be harsh on "rex", but really it is now absolutely rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone can talk to them ,,,,please let me know if their is anyone running the airline!

Mai Dong
20th Sep 2002, 14:17
Pickle what the hell are you on about? Nobody returning your phonecalls?

"They'll lose the business.."

and

"please let me know if their is anyone running the airline!"

So after a couple of phonecalls and emails you have come to the conclusion that no one is running the airline. What gibberish are you sprouting? What are you trying to contact them about?

I think that your opinion based on your 'substantial' research has as much weight as a Sunday Times or Today Tonight phone poll.
:rolleyes:

pickle sandwich
20th Sep 2002, 22:36
I'm suprised Dong your such a Ding Bat. I didn't expect someone to take me quite literally as to suggest that "nobody is running the airline", just that from a customer service or operational point of view, nobody is around when you require assistance.
Hey Dong", why don't you try calling Regional Express yourself then. You will be amazed at that you will be placed on hold then transferred to a personal whom you'd like to speak to and found that you leave a voice mail. Sorry Dong, you Ding, but I have called Regional Express a number of times and this is exactly what happens, on all occassions. I have not yet recieved a return of phone call. The reason for my calling them is in relation to certain operational issues which effects them directly, I am not calling them to entertain myself!

I am the first person to support Rex's operations!. and have in the past and will continue to do so. I find it difficult to explain that basic elements of a business are not addressed. Perhaps Dong or Ding, that you may be able to find a reason to undo the tradition of good customer service and commercial courtesy that many airlines and charter operators are doing currently, which is providing a decent service level.

I for one do not understand this mentality and for me does not send positive customer service signals from a business.

So Dong or Ding Bat, get your facts right first.

Balanced Moment
21st Sep 2002, 09:37
Pickle Sandwich,

What you're saying might be true as REX is still effectively two airlines. There are only a few functions of the old Kendell and Hazelton that have been joined - namely the executive, scheduling, marketing and the call centre. The result is that not everyone in the company is familiar with who to direct certain queries to yet. It's not ideal, but it's a teething problem that most merged companies go through. Don't forget that a number of people were laid off when the sale to Australiawide Airlines went through.

Having said that though I would be extremely surprised if after trying four methods of communication phone calls, faxes, emails and letters, on more than one occassion each time, that you had not heard from anyone. What are the "certain operational issues" that you are trying to communicate to the airline? If you're being a good samaritan (and I commend you if you are) then there's no reason to be so persistant. Let the airline ignore your advice/comments at its own peril.

If it's a customer service or operational issue you should be directing it through to the call centre on 13 17 13 or the Public Relations Manager on 02 9241 5945. The above information is freely available on the Regional Express website. If you are trying to disguise the real reason for your approach behind a customer service or operational issue then you may have found the real reason why the airline is ignoring you.

pickle sandwich
21st Sep 2002, 12:51
Balanced,

Thanks for your comments......points taken. I've been done that road before,,,the 13 number, the people on the coal face are great, but when you get transferred to H.O, thats when it all ends.

Sorry, my view still stands, and I'm not the only one who's frustrated calling REX's H.O.

I've seen this before and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

Eastwest Loco
21st Sep 2002, 12:53
Pickle

Call through the WGA switchboard - and state your plight (02-69220100) the ladies on the board are most helpful and adept ate getting you to the right person.

I have always found that even viocemail messages are promply returned. It does of course become a function of the purpose of the call too.

Loads are steadily building on all routes according to my mate on the inside, and the losses at the moment are within planned parameters.

From the SLF angle, the six month rule again applies, and they are selecting Rex as preferred nearly as much as QFlink.

With regard to the Lion, an oncarriage agreement is already in place and shortly to be enacted for all SQ oncarriage beyong the capital city hubs with ZL - ie - CFS SYD ZL - connecting SQ to he world.

SQ was ouching badly paying full KIX fares on the rat to connect.

One more small step.

Best all

EWL

Aladdin
21st Sep 2002, 23:14
The Fin Review 20/09/02 mentioned that Singapore and Air New Zealand are about finalize oncarriage. It will provide around 600 extra pax weekly on SY - CB.

Also Rex is staying away from the current "Low Cost" trend by providing complimentary lounges in both SY and CB.

THE ORACLE
22nd Sep 2002, 08:37
REX commenced operations as of this morning from gate 35 in the upstairs area of the RMA terminal, using all of the facilities available. I think they may be slightly ahead of Qantas-Link in re-occupying the facility.

Commentators doubting the enthusiastic passenger response that is building toward REX, should spend an hour or so during a morning/evening 'peak' period observing the numbers of passengers checking in.

My intelligence suggests passenger statistics have truly 'bounced' in most ports, with the associated revenue substantially reducing the drain on start-up capital.

It is important to remember that REX's start-up capital was substantially increased shortly after commencing operations through the on-sale of shares in the company to Singaporean interests for a large undisclosed sum.

The Oracle

tyga78
22nd Sep 2002, 10:04
Loads aren't looking to bad through the grape vine, cabin crew and service are GREAT and alot of happy campers are coming off the aeroplanes. I reakon it goes alright.:D

mustafagander
23rd Sep 2002, 01:06
A graph released last Friday shows a nice steady upslope in the bookings.

Keep up the good work, Rex people.

Above all else, do not allow infighting to impinge on the pax.

Balanced Moment
23rd Sep 2002, 06:29
Mustafaganda,

"Infighting" suggests destructive tendancies ... and there certainly isn't any of that. Organisational change involves compromise and people often need time to adjust - that's natural. Recent debate has been constructive and any disagreements have been small and quickly resolved. People are getting on with the job and working towards a common goal. There isn't any "infighting".