PDA

View Full Version : How to stop auto back scrolling on phone?

judyjudy
25th Jan 2023, 04:21
When I’m using my phone, I usually go to the latest post section to see what is new. However, if I scroll backwards to try and read the post just before the one I was looking at, it will auto scroll to the beginning of the previous page. This gets very annoying - is there a way to turn it off? Thanks! 🙂

Jhieminga
25th Jan 2023, 09:59
I recognise that. It's the 'infinite scroll' function that does this and you can disable it: https://www.pprune.org/pprune-problems-queries/608154-how-disable-infinite-scroll-return-old-pagination-style.html

judyjudy
25th Jan 2023, 13:30
I tried following the instructions at that post, but under Edit Options, I don’t see any mention of infinite scroll. Are there alternative instructions?

this is on my phone using Safari

Jhieminga
25th Jan 2023, 14:22
See note 2 in that post with the instructions. The website recognises that you are using a phone and is hiding some of the options. You can do two things:

Visit the page from a laptop or desktop and disable the option there. It will also be carried forward to any other device on which you're logged in.
Switch the 'view' on your phone to show the desktop version of the site. Click on the 'hamburger' at the top left and select 'view full site' from the menu that opens. I have not tried this, I'm not sure if the option will turn up this way, but it should enable you to view the desktop version on your phone. This may be a bit fiddly.

Edited to add: you may need to switch the view back to the mobile version after using option 2. If my memory is correct, there is a pulldown menu at the bottom of the main page for this.

judyjudy
25th Jan 2023, 15:06
Thanks! I went on my desktop and found the option and disabled it. All is good now!

Much appreciated 😌