PDA

View Full Version : Aerodrome Reference Code

Kriekos
24th Jan 2023, 05:21
Hi,

In my dictionary the Aerodrome Reference Code is a way of classifying aircrafts so that aerodromes can be designed as such that they can accept certain of those classes of aircrafts.
My question: does anyone know where one can find the Aerodrome Reference Code of a specific aerodrome? If it's in the AIP, please specify exactly where.

I thought the ARC could be an easy way to determine whether the aircraft that you're flying can operate at a specific aerodrome. Is that correct? If no, what is the quickest way (f.e. in an emergency) to check if an aerodrome is suited for your aircraft?

Thanks in advance.

Hats.On.To.Fly
24th Jan 2023, 09:45
PCN is listed in the AIP for each aerodrome, in the runway specification section, generally the apron and taxiways will not have a greater PCN than the runways.

The ACN is listed in the AFM and is a combination of MTOW and tyre pressure with the CofG in the most adverse position.

Searching "ACN PCN" brings up all the relevant information, add in your relevant authority to the search parameters to find their publication on it.

Kriekos
25th Jan 2023, 15:41
Hats.On.To.Fly
I am asking about the Aerodrome Reference Code ARC, not the Pavement Classification Number. Thanks for trying but you are completely off topic.

DIBO
25th Jan 2023, 16:43
If it's in the AIP, please specify exactly where.
In your country's AIP AD 1.5 STATUS OF CERTIFICATION OF AERODROMES (https://ops.skeyes.be/html/belgocontrol_static/eaip/eAIP_Main/html/eAIP/EB-AD-1.5-en-GB.html), columns Aerodrome reference code, you can't miss it, can you?

Hats.On.To.Fly
I am asking about the Aerodrome Reference Code ARC, not the Pavement Classification Number. Thanks for trying but you are completely off topic.
Kind suggestion, reread, rephrase....

mattpilot
25th Jan 2023, 19:43
In your country's AIP AD 1.5 STATUS OF CERTIFICATION OF AERODROMES (https://ops.skeyes.be/html/belgocontrol_static/eaip/eAIP_Main/html/eAIP/EB-AD-1.5-en-GB.html), columns Aerodrome reference code, you can't miss it, can you?

I got curious and checked the german and austrian AIP. Seems the aerodrome reference code is missing.

parkfell
26th Jan 2023, 18:59
Aerodromes can specify the largest aircraft they can accept; often wingspan is a critical aspect.
Another aspect is based on length & width of aircraft for fire categories 1-10. (UK CAP168 gives details) where a licensed airport is a requirement.
In practical terms, the operator would conduct the airport authority if uncertainty existed. Not every airport could accept an Airbus 380 based on either the airfield’s physical size including PCN/ACN or equipment etc.
En route designated airports will be nominated as ‘bolt holes’ should a diversion be necessary especially on ETOPS flights.
As you pass one equal time point between these airfields, the next one is the bolt hole.

Think about the practical aspects as oppose the academics…

Kriekos
29th Jan 2023, 12:35
[QUOTE=DIBO;11373672]In your country's AIP AD 1.5 STATUS OF CERTIFICATION OF AERODROMES (https://ops.skeyes.be/html/belgocontrol_static/eaip/eAIP_Main/html/eAIP/EB-AD-1.5-en-GB.html), columns Aerodrome reference code, you can't miss it, can you?

In Greek AIP AD1.5 there is no ARC to be found...