PDA

View Full Version : GTS Bournemouth

buzzc152
29th Aug 2002, 11:47
Does anyone have any experience with GTS in Bournemouth. I'm think of doing my ATPL theory with them. Anyone got any info on them ?

Cheshire cat EGHH
29th Aug 2002, 16:02
I have actually visited them, they appear nice enough(although they didn't like Cheshire cat!) ;) and the added bonus that they are Ex-PPSCers.

I dont think you would go far wrong chosing them.

:)

impartial
30th Aug 2002, 07:11
If you're looking to train down in the Bournemouth area, Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training Centre (BCFT) have a good professional set up, they're only a short walk from GTS!

Worth a look:)

mike.oriordan
31st Aug 2002, 22:39
I live very close to Hurn, but I don'y trust their turbulent recent history. I personally don't think they have recovered from falling apart last year - any of the Bournemouth Schools. Caveat emptor!!

I went with Bristol ground School - good track record and got me through first time - all subjects.

Tinker
1st Sep 2002, 00:33
That's a bit of a sweeping statement Mr m.o! Some may say (including myself) that there are several trainning orgainisation at EGHH that have not only lasted through the good times and the bad but that have a proven track record of sucsess. Just like OATs, Bristol is not the only school to go to in the south. there are other viable alternatives and it's extremely ignorant to write off such places based on location.

Keith.Williams.
1st Sep 2002, 15:07
If all potential customers choose only those schools that have been in business for many years, it will be impossible for new schools to survive the first few years. The inevitable result will be a very small number of schools charging very high prices. This is not however an invitation for people to take risks for the benefit of others.

Consider how many newly established schools close in the first few years. PPSC. SFT and Four Forces had all been around for many years before failing. A successful past is no guarantee of an equally successful future.

The financial resources of new schools are assessed as part of the initial approval process. I don't know whether they also carry out a continuing financial assessment of existing schools. But if they do, it doesn't appear to be very successful.

Gin Slinger
1st Sep 2002, 15:42
Guys, just pay on credit card - that way you're covered whatever happens.

Uninformed speculation about training providers' financial (or otherwise) standing is morally wrong. You're just bad mouthing them.

Keep your mouths shut unless you have something concrete to say.

If you have got some real input to give, go ahead and post it, but be sure to spell out the full details behind it.

But remember...