PDA

View Full Version : Crew member part 135 on L2 Visa

romanm
18th Jan 2023, 12:58
Hi Fellows,

I have been hired by 135 charter company to fly on the right sit. The company told me that I will be able to fly domestic only cause my status is L2 Visa and CBP don't like the idea that I will be crossing the border as a crew member. I can travel freely as a tourist back and forth but not as an employee Pilot.

Any idea what is the regulatory code that they use for this and maybe if I can apply for a special permit?

Thanks a lot.

Psych_
15th Feb 2023, 13:56
I have the B1/B2 and C1D1 visa but I had to apply on it on my own with support of the airline.

B-757
6th Mar 2023, 15:04
Hi Fellows,

I have been hired by 135 charter company to fly on the right sit. The company told me that I will be able to fly domestic only cause my status is L2 Visa and CBP don't like the idea that I will be crossing the border as a crew member. I can travel freely as a tourist back and forth but not as an employee Pilot.

Any idea what is the regulatory code that they use for this and maybe if I can apply for a special permit?

Thanks a lot...The important thing here is to make sure that you can legally work in the US..Part -135 operators need an approval from the FAA, which is a government organization..You see what this means ??

Fly safe,
B-757

vennnz
15th Mar 2023, 07:42
apply for L1? or which visa?

rudestuff
15th Mar 2023, 15:25
I have the B1/B2 and C1D1 visa but I had to apply on it on my own with support of the airline.
You can't work in the US on a C1/D - that's for foreign crews visiting the US.