PDA

View Full Version : African Airlines

wrightbrother01
16th Jan 2023, 22:19
Greetings,

I am looking for any pilots who work for one of the major African Airlines (Ethiopian, Egypt airlines, etc.). I would like to know the culture, pay, where pilots are based out of, and any insight about working as a pilot in Africa.

pfvspnf
4th Feb 2023, 01:11
Egypt is brothers but not as African , Sudan same

Reims_Rocket
5th Feb 2023, 05:23
Africa is as big as USA, China, India and Europe combined. You can't generalize. Companies are different since it's linked to it's location, background, political environment, history and so on. I would say the best deal for an expat is Ethiopian with 20 days on 10 days off, not sure about the pay but around 8-9k monthly then you may have a look at Rwandair for the rest as far as I know there is no commuting available. From your question I understood you're on the 737?

Trimaranus
13th Feb 2023, 10:04
As already told you, africa has very different conditions in different countries. Ethiopian still doing good but they stooped all expat interview last year and it does not seem they are going to restart soon. Btw commuting is 20/10 or 25/12 salary on 777 787 and a350 is 9k plus perdiem plus housing, making it 11200 usd per month.