View Full Version : FAA ATP SE add-on / Chicago

ikari33
16th Jan 2023, 14:59
Hi All,
I would like to add ASEL privileges to my FAA ATP (already AMEL, no FAA single engine privileges at all, except foreign-based PPL).
Around 2300 hrs of single engine experience with EASA license.
Any flight school recommendation around Chicago ?

Thanks !

bafanguy
18th Jan 2023, 08:00
If you haven't done it already, try asking in a more US-focused website like Airline Pilot Central or Jet Careers.

Disregard...just saw your post on APC. Would CPL privileges for ASEL work for you ?

rudestuff
18th Jan 2023, 11:10
Disregard...just saw your post on APC. Would CPL privileges for ASEL work for you ?Surely ATP would be an easier ride? CPL requires more maneuvers.

bafanguy
18th Jan 2023, 11:31
Surely ATP would be an easier ride? CPL requires more maneuvers.

Ya, you're probably right. I'm not sure what training authority most flight schools so I don't know if finding one ( in a specific city) to train to ATP-SEL might be harder to find than a SEL-CPL which is everywhere.

A bit over my head on this one.

rudestuff
18th Jan 2023, 11:58
Ya, you're probably right. I'm not sure what training authority most flight schools so I don't know if finding one ( in a specific city) to train to ATP-SEL might be harder to find than a SEL-CPL which is everywhere.

I think part 61 you can do it anywhere. I don't think you even need an endorsement (?), just some IR training to get up to standard.

ikari33
19th Jan 2023, 08:30
If you haven't done it already, try asking in a more US-focused website like Airline Pilot Central or Jet Careers.

Disregard...just saw your post on APC. Would CPL privileges for ASEL work for you ?
Posts done, thanks ;-)
Yep, Commercial would work, but...

Surely ATP would be an easier ride? CPL requires more maneuvers.
... timewise and training wise, looks like the ATP way should be easier & shorter !

I'm planning a trip to EAA AirVenture / Oshkosh this summer, and will be in Chicago the week before... Hence the location search ;-)

Thanks by the way to both of you guys !