PDA

View Full Version : Leeds Flying School

tmagee
4th Dec 2001, 16:03
Has anyone got any experience of the Leeds Flying School? I have heard some good things about them and was wondering if there are any ex-students out there that could give me some feedback.

Joaquín
4th Dec 2001, 23:53
I did both my CPL & IR with them. 5423% Highly recommended!!!!!!

Facts Not Fiction Pls
5th Dec 2001, 04:18
Visited them in June -

Great staff with a lot of experience which is the most important thing after safety.

I don't think that you can go wrong!

MoroccoMole
5th Dec 2001, 17:48
I did my Instructors rating there and I have known Tony and stuart for a long time. Without doubt I would recomend them. Stuart Anderson is excellent for the IR training. ;) ;)

G-LOST
6th Dec 2001, 00:47
Converted my NZ CPL and IR there at the beginning of this year, followed by an instructor rating. Then they gave me a job, so obviously I have no complaints!! However, it's fair to say that I wouldn't have stuck around here if I'd had any qualms...

LOST

G-LOST
6th Dec 2001, 01:01
tmagee,

I should have added that if you want something more factual, check out the website at www.leedsflyingschool.co.uk (http://www.leedsflyingschool.co.uk) and/or call and ask for Dylan or Kevin who should be able to answer any questions. We now have a Duchess as well as the GA7 for CPL and IR training, plus a turbo Arrow if you want to go the single-engine route. Not meaning to advertise too flagrantly, but you did ask! The only other operator at Leeds is Multiflight, and to be fair I would suggest that if possible you pop in to both schools and check out which one suits you the best.

LOST

tmagee
6th Dec 2001, 18:47
Thanks for the info G-LOST the website is very informative. Anyone else had any experience there before I make the trip up to Leeds?

G-LOST
9th Dec 2001, 13:31
Where's Max when you need him?

MAX
10th Dec 2001, 15:41
Get on the phone and give them a call. I had a great time there and flew through my CPL and IR. Within a month a co. had me signed up for the 757 so i certainly have no qualms. Relaxed atmosphere, great instruction and nice guys to boot. I have a close friend going there this month to finish his IR. Email me if you'd like more info.

Oh, G'day G-LOST. Or is it GeDey?

MAX :cool:

spitfire747
10th Dec 2001, 16:45
so how much would a CPL/IR course cost someone with a PPL, Night and 100 hours ??? (roughly)

opsman2001
10th Dec 2001, 16:54
You are looking t around £15000 for the CPL/IR including a bonus M/E rating! Check the website for full details of prices and contacts!

opsman2001
10th Dec 2001, 17:02
Or simply e-mail me and I should be able to answer any of your questions.

bow5
10th Dec 2001, 20:01
Surely you must be kidding?! A PPL with a night rating and 100 hours can get a CPL/IR with an ME rating for £15000. Pull the other one! There must be a catch. :confused:

opsman2001
10th Dec 2001, 20:17
CPL with M/E £4795 and 50hr approved IR £9750 all including VAT and first landing of every flight, obviously there are the flight test costs and any extra hours you may need.
The estimate is for the CPL/IR courses that we provide and obviously any hour building to meet requirements will be extra. I hope this clarifies any confusion.

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: opsman2001 ]

bow5
10th Dec 2001, 20:43
I thought I had this CPL/IR stuff sewn up price-wise but obviously i'm wrong. If leeds can do it for £15,000 (excluding ATPL exams & MCC etc) then how on Earth can Oxford etc. justify charging £50,000. Even Multiflight at the same airport charge £30,000 from scratch. A PPL + 50hrs doesn't come to £15,000.

If this is what Leeds seriously charge they should be shouting it from the bl**dy rooftops. I live near Leeds and had never heard of the place.

Joaquín
10th Dec 2001, 20:57
Bow5 take it easy.

Note "without hour building". As you will need more than 100 hours, at the end the difference in price between LFS and Multiflight is not that much.

Why don't you ring both schools (end even better, pay them a visit) so you can make up your mind?

Good luck

opsman2001
10th Dec 2001, 20:59
bow 5, if you need any further information about us you can email me at [email protected] :)

MAX
11th Dec 2001, 16:04
I must admit that initially the price was what first adhered me to Leeds. The deal was sown up once I spoken with the ops guys and rumours on this site. This school does not need to scream from the rooftops, its just plain excellent.

MAX :cool: