PDA

View Full Version : Emirates rumour mill

Pif Paf
8th Jan 2023, 11:54
So Brian SVP fly ops) is going?

any rumours on bonus?

any rumours of getting the rest of the pay back they took off us during Covid?

any other rumours?

McToryMug
8th Jan 2023, 15:24
So Brian SVP fly ops) is going?

any rumours on bonus?

any rumours of getting the rest of the pay back they took off us during Covid?

any other rumours?

Brian throwing the towel in apparently.

Heard 5 weeks.

not going to get the pay back.

MissChief
9th Jan 2023, 21:27
Cannot blame Brian. Many better opportunities back in Europe, without the stresses of living in Dubai.

Pif Paf
10th Jan 2023, 05:25
Brian, no conscience, defended the indefensible, did what he was told without question, took the money, like most other SVPs he couldn’t care about anyone else but himself,.
I think easy jet pilots cheered when he left, the same will happen here!
The next SVP will be the same,they have to be to get the job.

other rumors?

High numbers of “millennial” cabin crew apparently leaving within first few months of joining when they realize it’s not as much fun as they thought plus they have to actually work! Some resigning on flights!

High resignation rate of trainers !

maybe Brian’s running away from the growing pot of poop,

My Rifle and I
10th Jan 2023, 11:24
Heard 15 weeks

nimrodjoe
10th Jan 2023, 16:47
Heard 15 weeks

Pleased to see the back of another useless waste of space SVP- criminal.

Happy with any bonus, I’d assume 3 weeks.

PPRuNeUser0216
11th Jan 2023, 07:30
It looks like 'enhanced contracts' are back to attract more experienced applicants. Meanwhile we are all left 5000AED+ down, better to resign and reapply. Another British 'yes man' to replace Brian no doubt

flyTheBigFatLady
11th Jan 2023, 11:10
It looks like 'enhanced contracts' are back to attract more experienced applicants. Meanwhile we are all left 5000AED+ down, better to resign and reapply. Another British 'yes man' to replace Brian no doubt

still rejoining applicants get no info or get rejected

Ramboflyer 1
11th Jan 2023, 11:33
Worldwide Basings will be the answer for an unlimited supply .

Pif Paf
15th Jan 2023, 06:20
They’ll never do worldwide basings as there are things called “unions” which means Ek will have less control of those based away!

paying us back what at we are owed would help, a bonus ON TOP of that would help, anything else is not satisfactory.

As for enhanced contracts, it shows that Ek is struggling to find satisfactory applicants!

ACJDriver
16th Jan 2023, 04:43
They’ll never do worldwide basings as there are things called “unions” which means Ek will have less control of those based away!

paying us back what at we are owed would help, a bonus ON TOP of that would help, anything else is not satisfactory.

As for enhanced contracts, it shows that Ek is struggling to find satisfactory applicants!

Not everywhere has unions and even in countries where they do, it is not at every airlines. Employment labor laws is more the issue I think.

flyTheBigFatLady
17th Jan 2023, 06:44

looks like they don’t find enough replacements for those who let go- lol

Pif Paf
18th Jan 2023, 05:31
Airbus has apparently offered EK the 350 earlier than expected, but flight oops now don’t have enough pilots to cover it, the 380 and 777 so they’re back pedaling rapidly.

Flight ops now have not enough pilots, not enough cabin crew, plus fleet worried as many senior guys would probably bid to go on 350; therefore reducing experience levels overall on 777 and 380 in LHS. Paired with lots of new pilots from the academy with nil experience means the insurers are not happy either, leading to insurance premiums going up , costing more which annoys the accountants and you know they run the airline!!!

flyTheBigFatLady
18th Jan 2023, 06:11
Airbus has apparently offered EK the 350 earlier than expected, but flight oops now don’t have enough pilots to cover it, the 380 and 777 so they’re back pedaling rapidly.

Flight ops now have not enough pilots, not enough cabin crew, plus fleet worried as many senior guys would probably bid to go on 350; therefore reducing experience levels overall on 777 and 380 in LHS. Paired with lots of new pilots from the academy with nil experience means the insurers are not happy either, leading to insurance premiums going up , costing more which annoys the accountants and you know they run the airline!!!

it seems to be that it would had paid off to apologize to all those and having been sent into trouble, rather than keeping the „I cannot loose my face „ mentality up.
karma is bitch and it’s bitting EK finally.

how much is it worth to keep your face, and being unable to fulfill business demand, because of the Missmanagements done in EK, arrogance and personal greed for power.
i hope that EK managers are satisfied that former Employees are struggling to survive.

BigGeordie
18th Jan 2023, 07:06
No problem, Brian gets the blame for the crewing fiasco and departs with a nice big golden goodbye. Face is saved. He is replaced with more of the same and the wheels on the bus go round and round (until they eventually come off).

flyTheBigFatLady
18th Jan 2023, 11:28
No problem, Brian gets the blame for the crewing fiasco and departs with a nice big golden goodbye. Face is saved. He is replaced with more of the same and the wheels on the bus go round and round (until they eventually come off).
yeah if Brian is really leaving the successor will be an insider and I got a good guess which 3 three are in a close loop for that post. They are well known already for their empathy towards their pilots. They are liked by AAR because they never said no to him.

McToryMug
21st Jan 2023, 05:07
Probably another Aussie moron will come and have a go at changing next to nothing! idiots!

Capn Rex Havoc
21st Jan 2023, 15:27
When was there last an Aussie in senior management? They all seem to have been from Fibber Magee Land........

nimrodjoe
21st Jan 2023, 18:37
Aussies are probably the only nationality I hate flying with

Capn Rex Havoc
21st Jan 2023, 20:07
Sounds like another moan from from a whiney Pom.

McToryMug
22nd Jan 2023, 03:50
Sounds like another moan from from a whiney Pom.

Rather be a pom than a convict

Capn Rex Havoc
22nd Jan 2023, 04:53
Rather be a pom than a convict

lol the convicts were all Poms - hahahaha, you don’t even know your history.

Pif Paf
22nd Jan 2023, 05:21
So to be factual POHMS or POME (google it) we’re sent to Australia. Therefore over time most Australian families, who have been in Australia some time, could be related to a POHM or POME.
I laugh when I hear “whining Pom” as most aussies have scant knowledge of the history and nowadays with all the whinging going in Australia, it’s easy to see these Aussies definitely have picked up the trait from their distant relatives!!!!

can we now get back to rumors as opposed to the usual slagging off!

Pif Paf
22nd Jan 2023, 05:30
So the largest profit share I remember was 14 weeks back in 2010?We made more than the profit made back them in the first 6 months. So surely 14 weeks is a starting point,!!,
We’ve raked in the profits since then. so therefore it’s got to be way in excess of 14 weeks.

remembering they still need to repay me 2 months salary they took from me during covid! So therefore I’m needing minimum 14 + 8 = 22 !

I bet they’re working overtime to work out how they can justify giving us less, which I know they will!!!

radlettrejoin
22nd Jan 2023, 08:18
I bet they’re working overtime to work out how they can justify giving us less, which I know they will!!!

Paying $3.1 billion back to Dubai should do it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/emirates-got-31-bln-dubai-govt-pandemic-drove-losses-2021-06-15/

T54A
30th Jan 2023, 21:50
When last did EK pilot get a salary adjustment? I'm not trying to start an anti-EK rant please. Just a simple question.

aussiefarmer
31st Jan 2023, 04:02
When last did EK pilot get a salary adjustment? I'm trying to start an anti-EK rant please. Just a simple question.

There was a 1% increase last year 🤯

PPRuNeUser0216
31st Jan 2023, 04:30
There was a 1% increase last year 🤯

1percent was a fair pay deal and very close to inflation. Pilots should count themselves lucky to have any increase last year !

Pif Paf
31st Jan 2023, 05:41
Mike - could you label your post sarcastic 😀
Many of the potential joiners to EK have no idea what sarcasm is, possibly because they don’t understand it!
I’m sure many will already be saying that inflation in Dubai is soooo low and pay is keeping up with inflation therefore EK is an even better option NOT!

T54A
31st Jan 2023, 07:19
Mike - could you label your post sarcastic 😀
Many of the potential joiners to EK have no idea what sarcasm is, possibly because they don’t understand it!
I’m sure many will already be saying that inflation in Dubai is soooo low and pay is keeping up with inflation therefore EK is an even better option NOT!

Yip are all stupid. We don’t have a clue. We haven’t flown for other international carriers. We haven't lost our jobs due to Covid. We don’t have families to feed and educate. We aren’t asking questions, so we can make informed decisions. Oh yes, and we ALL have passports that let us work anywhere in the world we want.

Thank god for your sage wisdom.

Pif Paf
22nd Feb 2023, 14:10
So being rather cynical it looks like EK is splashing it’s money around everywhere (interior upgrades, ICE upgrades, new training colleg) in a bid to lower the profits this year so they don’t repay us the money we’re owed plus give us a well deserved bonus,

How they break the law by not repaying salary owed to staff and totally disregard the subject is staggering- plus even more amazing people try to join knowing this is going on!

flyTheBigFatLady
22nd Feb 2023, 17:12
So being rather cynical it looks like EK is splashing it’s money around everywhere (interior upgrades, ICE upgrades, new training colleg) in a bid to lower the profits this year so they don’t repay us the money we’re owed plus give us a well deserved bonus,

How they break the law by not repaying salary owed to staff and totally disregard the subject is staggering- plus even more amazing people try to join knowing this is going on!

typical EK, isn’t it?
with record profit year just before bonus announcement STC announced to purchase of 240 RR engines for the whale
this behavior is not exactly new, but marks a new low as people have given a lot in the past 3 years and again the acknowledgement is even worse than before.
but don’t worry the managers will get their share of the well handled Covid crises.
not to say that Dubai is again making a fortune over the gas price.

and a law is just as good as you Someone to execute it, where in case of EK not even a lawyer would touch EK because of the obvious reason.

Wasn’t their recently a pilot being removed from roaster because he wrote about job security. I think that’s says it all

Pif Paf
22nd Feb 2023, 18:48
Yes, I think a Swedish FO - came too close to the truth in a social media post, removed from roster within minutes.
These are the things the “newbies” and guys queuing chose not to take note of until it’s too late!

VC10L1011
22nd Feb 2023, 21:09
I got tired of not being repaid my 6 months pay.. I resigned…life is now 100% better!

Stop complaining and moaning about stuff that you know won’t change!

k.swiss
22nd Feb 2023, 22:00
I got tired of not being repaid my 6 months pay.. I resigned…life is now 100% better!

Stop complaining and moaning about stuff that you know won’t change!

OK easier said than done, where did you go?

For those of us with no where to go what would you advise?

Kennytheking
23rd Feb 2023, 03:48
Yes, I think a Swedish FO - came too close to the truth in a social media post, removed from roster within minutes.
These are the things the “newbies” and guys queuing chose not to take note of until it’s too late!

That is not what happened but let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story.

flyTheBigFatLady
23rd Feb 2023, 05:11
That is not what happened but let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story.

i was asking what’s the story behind the rumor ?

Kennytheking
23rd Feb 2023, 05:27
I don't have all the facts but I also saw the screenshots of his roster + social media post. Closer examination revealed the social media post was made a couple of weeks after his removal from roster. I have no idea why he was let go and wouldn't want to dig into his personal affairs but suffice to say the truth was somewhat different to what was implied with the screenshots that were doing the rounds.

flyTheBigFatLady
23rd Feb 2023, 14:22
I don't have all the facts but I also saw the screenshots of his roster + social media post. Closer examination revealed the social media post was made a couple of weeks after his removal from roster. I have no idea why he was let go and wouldn't want to dig into his personal affairs but suffice to say the truth was somewhat different to what was implied with the screenshots that were doing the rounds.

So seems the post was a reaction to what happend to him.

nimrodjoe
24th Feb 2023, 01:37

how do you know what actually happened then you absolute moron ? Keep your nose out of things that don’t concern you dumb dumb - idiots like you that made emirates a miserable place to be !

Kennytheking
24th Feb 2023, 05:36
how do you know what actually happened then you absolute moron ? Keep your nose out of things that don’t concern you dumb dumb - idiots like you that made emirates a miserable place to be !
Well, I know for a fact what didn't happen. Keep up the name calling chap - it shows your lack of maturity and people here can see you for what you really are.

BigGeordie
24th Feb 2023, 09:26
I think if people are getting fired for social media posts on a regular basis it absolutely does concern anybody working for, or thinking about working for, the airline in question.

Pif Paf
2nd Mar 2023, 09:10
Rumor has it that fly Dubai bonus already posted! That’s really early to say what the bonus is! Is G Al G doing it to wind up EK!
Seems to be about 3 months?

So EK better give that minimum for everyone PLUS additionally give the money back to those it was taken from on top of the bonus!

flyTheBigFatLady
2nd Mar 2023, 11:34
Rumor has it that fly Dubai bonus already posted! That’s really early to say what the bonus is! Is G Al G doing it to wind up EK!

So EK better give that minimum for everyone PLUS additionally give the money back to those it was taken from on top of the bonus!

but EK did the usual
at bonus time they announce a large investment in a new CrewScewCenter where they tell you how unfitting your are for a 350

Mshika Panya
2nd Mar 2023, 12:51

Or else what exactly? Are you going to quit and grace us risky inexperienced wannabes somewhere else with your wisdom, or are you going to stay and continue to moan yet actively discourage the aspirations of the next generation.Surely a man as experienced as you could find a decent gig somewhere? Sad.

Big fat lady,
Even sadder.
Move on for god's sake, its not healthy.

Batman777
2nd Mar 2023, 14:16
Get over it guys!!
It is what it is.
Take the bonus and go somewhere where you know is better.

Shazeem
2nd Mar 2023, 17:31
Get over it guys!!
It is what it is.
Take the bonus and go somewhere where you know is better.
Assess Action Manage. They should give back the halfpay. Unfortunately it is a "should" and not a "shall". See OM-A for clarification. What to do..

Pif Paf
8th Mar 2023, 03:43
Rumor has it Flt Dubai are doing EBB layovers. So why is EK still doing the monstrously long EBB turnarounds?
Too many guys not willing or able to put in fatigue / safety reports.?

Mute hyena
8th Mar 2023, 07:45
Guys who are willing to put a fatigue / safety report are no longer in the company . They eliminated any resistance

Pif Paf
31st Mar 2023, 08:01
I know there are still fatigue ASRs but I don’t know whether the flight safety department have been told no to publish them on the weekly safety update?
(I’ll have to trawl through to see - but have better things to do at moment!)

DuneMentat
3rd Apr 2023, 07:51
Rumor has it Flt Dubai are doing EBB layovers. So why is EK still doing the monstrously long EBB turnarounds?
Too many guys not willing or able to put in fatigue / safety reports.?
Timing.. FD leaves just before 6am and EK around 10am so Flt duty limitations would be different

k.swiss
3rd Apr 2023, 14:58
Timing.. FD leaves just before 6am and EK around 10am so Flt duty limitations would be different

Which hotel in EBB out of interest for FD?

Also yes it is monstrous, but better done in a triple than A320 if you know what I mean.

ThunderLizard
3rd Apr 2023, 15:22
EBB has traditionally been a layover. Good hotel on Lake Victoria. Give it time.

JuniorMan
4th Apr 2023, 05:06
How many pilots do EK put on an EBB turn?

Strobe Runner
4th Apr 2023, 09:49
Not mentioning the name but its very much lower standard than the EK hotel

k.swiss
5th Apr 2023, 14:46
How many pilots do EK put on an EBB turn?

Two.. Why do you need more?

VThokie2
5th Apr 2023, 18:11

Ha only 10+ hrs of block why would you think you’d need any more?! It’s EK!

JuniorMan
5th Apr 2023, 21:21

We use 3 for over 8 hours block time. I was just wondering if EK had similar rules.

BigGeordie
6th Apr 2023, 07:26
We use 3 for over 8 hours block time. I was just wondering if EK had similar rules.

After 8 hours EK regards two crew as just nicely warmed up. So no, EK doesn't have similar rules.

Mach_Krit
7th Apr 2023, 04:57
EBB is a three pilot turn around. Bash EK all you want but stick to facts and not fiction

flyTheBigFatLady
8th Apr 2023, 06:07

We is not EK - as any normal company would consider this - EK is different, they know better, they do better and give a sh…… about the individual

VThokie2
8th Apr 2023, 23:23

When I was back at EK we routinely flew brutal westbound redeyes over 8 hrs of block (MNL-DXB comes to mind), even when an established pairing would be right on the cusp of needing an augment, management would codify a carveout blessed by the regulatory authority and codified in the OM-A (FOM/GOM) in US speak!

Pif Paf
12th Apr 2023, 10:50
Well one of the rumors was true, CPB leaving.
Personally he treated me well and tried to help when he could but very restricted in what he was allowed to do by those above him and the EK system!
I wish him well wherever he is going.
Trouble is, who will we get next!

VThokie2
12th Apr 2023, 22:29
Well one of the rumors was true, CPB martin eiba leaving.
Personally he treated me well and tried to help when he could but very restricted in what he was allowed to do by those above him and the EK system!
I wish him well wherever he is going.
Trouble is, who will we get next!

Perhaps SP the East German will be available, he was always good at motivating the troops!

Pif Paf
14th Apr 2023, 05:16
Rumor has it that CPB might turn up as Head flight ops RIA in near future!

Shazeem
22nd Apr 2023, 07:37
Any news on a pay review? It is has been typically quiet concerning info from the company to the employees.
I have managed my expectations but do expect something

Pif Paf
25th Apr 2023, 17:15
Surprised there’s not been any fanfare and big announcement asking us to come to HQ and watch the announcement! Watch this space……

skyvan
26th Apr 2023, 01:12
Surprised there’s not been any fanfare and big announcement asking us to come to HQ and watch the announcement! Watch this space……

The announcement is still at least 2 weeks away, why would you expect a fanfare now?

Emma Royds
30th Apr 2023, 22:46
Announcement is normally made in the second week in May.

Pif Paf
3rd May 2023, 06:32
So while we all hold our breaking hoping for a decent bonus but in reality expecting less hears some more rumoours:

TC and hierarchy visit airbus to discuss A380 spar cracks.

Doctors - not enough + Dentists - not enough - medical services warned months ago but seem incapable of looking long term!

crisis management in full swing as per usual!

Emma Royds
3rd May 2023, 12:31
There has been a shortage of doctors and especially dentists for years! Nothing new there. ;)

flyTheBigFatLady
3rd May 2023, 15:29
So while we all hold our breaking hoping for a decent bonus but in reality expecting less hears some more rumoours:

TC and hierarchy visit airbus to discuss A380 spar cracks.

Doctors - not enough + Dentists - not enough - medical services warned months ago but seem incapable of looking long term!

crisis management in full swing as per usual!

who needs doctors or dentists in EK
you are not supposed to be sick at all - they rather get rid of you than taking care.
in fact if a previous employment had to many sick days and medical costs passed a certain level, it is reason enough to get a call to come back - so no need for doctors - EK crisis management

flyTheBigFatLady
4th May 2023, 04:50
Announcement is normally made in the second week in May.

As STC never speaks to his employees, the press knows already

https://www.thenationalnews.com/business/aviation/2023/05/02/emirates-to-deliver-exceptionally-good-annual-earnings-tim-clark-says/

Emma Royds
4th May 2023, 08:20
As far as I am concerned, the dental clinic is the best thing about the job! Excellent care and treatment. Probably explains why getting an appointment with the dentist is always a gargantuan challenge!!

donpizmeov
11th May 2023, 11:03
Well deserved bonus fellas. Enjoy!

cnsnz
11th May 2023, 11:35
DUBAI, May 11 (Reuters) - Dubai's Emirates Group on Thursday said financial year 2022-23 had been its most profitable so far, reporting an annual profit of 10.9 billion dirhams ($3 billion) and a group revenue increase of 81% to $33 billion.

Shazeem
11th May 2023, 12:40
24 weeks...
at least the halfpay period has been corrected.

VC10L1011
11th May 2023, 12:52
and this make the rosters any less fatiguing? Management any less punitive? Wake up...

Back to work....

BigGeordie
11th May 2023, 14:42
An absolutely exceptional set of results, in every sense. Anybody tempted to join now because they beleive that will ever be repeated is in for a big disappointment, although I'm sure the recruitment team will be spinning the numbers like a frisbee. A large number of employees who have contributed to that profit have been in the company less than a year (in many cases less than 6 months) and so aren't eligible for the full amount - that leaves more to spread around among the rest. Next year the target is higher and there will be more eligible employees, so don't get your hopes up that this is the start of a new trend.

And at the risk of sounding like a miserable old git, 24 weeks doesn't even pay me back for the unpaid leave I was forced to take during Covid. So yes, it's nice to have, but I'm only clapping with one hand.

As VC10L1011 said, keep rowing.

PPRuNeUser0214
11th May 2023, 16:41
Have historic profit share amounts ever been this good?

BigGeordie
11th May 2023, 17:55
Previous best was, if I remember correctly, 19 weeks - that was many, many years ago and we haven't been into double figures for ages.

As I said, an exceptional year and an exceptional set of results. Don't expect it to be repeated.

flyTheBigFatLady
11th May 2023, 20:47
celebrate your big win and please forget about those who have lost everything

PPRuNeUser0214
11th May 2023, 20:53
Pardon my ignorance but why is it unlikely a profit share of this level would be seen again? I turned down a job offer from EK a couple of months ago and I’m kicking myself now after seeing this profit share 🤦🏻‍♂️

Emma Royds
12th May 2023, 02:51
Pardon my ignorance but why is it unlikely a profit share of this level would be seen again? I turned down a job offer from EK a couple of months ago and I’m kicking myself now after seeing this profit share 🤦🏻‍♂️

I would not kick yourself, since profit share is an additional benefit that is unpredictable and not guaranteed. To put it into context, I have had more years at EK where no profit share was awarded compared to years where it was awarded.

22-23 saw the airline enjoy a post-COVID boom with many parts of the east finally opening their borders. But are higher fares and fuller flights sustainable? The profit target for next year has been set higher than what has just been reported.

A6EAA
12th May 2023, 04:13
Great. For all the stuff that happened during COVID. Too bad it took so many people made “Redundant”. It will be some of years to see some profit share again. Remember they adjust it so they don’t give you their money. Hope they get a good raise or at least respect the steps they didn’t give previously.

flyTheBigFatLady
12th May 2023, 04:56

if I right the profit share goes all employees who are there for more than a year only
after sacking roughly 1400 a380 pilots and having taken back a few of them plus an addtional new joiners, they count all as newbies, therefore they don’t count for the bonus. Especially the rejoiners, have been set to a lower salary at rejoining, they may had 10 years plus in the company, but because of the rejoining the count as new joiners - so no bonus for roughly 1500 pilots out of 3500, leaves a bigger share for the survivors.
next year they count and on top the set target by finance department is set way higher which will be hard to achieve. This was just given to slow down people resigning.

flyTheBigFatLady
12th May 2023, 04:58
Great. For all the stuff that happened during COVID. Too bad it took so many people made “Redundant”. It will be some of years to see some profit share again. Remember they adjust it so they don’t give you their money. Hope they get a good raise or at least respect the steps they didn’t give previously.

if you would have joined a couple off month ago - you would not get a share now!

PPRuNeUser0214
12th May 2023, 05:06
Does anybody know if you get put on some sort of blacklist if you turn down a job offer from them?

Kennytheking
12th May 2023, 05:12
if I right the profit share goes all employees who are there for more than a year only
after sacking roughly 1400 a380 pilots and having taken back a few of them plus an addtional new joiners, they count all as newbies, therefore they don’t count for the bonus. Especially the rejoiners, have been set to a lower salary at rejoining, they may had 10 years plus in the company, but because of the rejoining the count as new joiners - so no bonus for roughly 1500 pilots out of 3500, leaves a bigger share for the survivors.
next year they count and on top the set target by finance department is set way higher which will be hard to achieve. This was just given to slow down people resigning.
You need 6 months in company to be eligible for profit share. Pilots that were made redundant and rejoined, are all on the same salary that they left on, not on lower salaries.

FQT2YS
12th May 2023, 05:36
You need 6 months in company to be eligible for profit share. Pilots that were made redundant and rejoined, are all on the same salary that they left on, not on lower salaries.

As you know, there is a „subtle” difference between being eligible AND getting a profit share 😏

Mute hyena
12th May 2023, 07:56
Great results (always not audited) but never forget even after 30 consecutive years of profit they were the first to sent employees home . Smoke and mirrors.

Marcellus Wallace
12th May 2023, 13:54
Here you go....pg 165 for 2022-23

PwC

https://www.emirates.com/es/english/about-us/financial-transparency/annual-reports/

Twiglet1
12th May 2023, 14:38
Always good to see a different and honest perspective. Up the toon

flyTheBigFatLady
12th May 2023, 16:52

since when is that ?
the TnC letter with the rejoin applic came with all rejoiners are back to basic salary 1

Maz11
12th May 2023, 18:33
since when is that ?
the TnC letter with the rejoin applic came with all rejoiners are back to basic salary 1

Since the day the first course rejoined and were given contracts with their old salary on.

Marcellus Wallace
13th May 2023, 06:49
Since the day the first course rejoined and were given contracts with their old salary on.

Yes - all given their last drawn basic salary and for staff travel retain their original DOJ.

Pif Paf
13th May 2023, 10:46
24 weeks...
at least the halfpay period has been corrected.Shazeem, not it hasn’t

Let us be very clear this is a bonus, gladly received by those eligible BUT NOT IN ANY WAY repayment for the salary deducted!

Let us think of this another way, lets say you helped someone out during Covid because they were struggling. Having not been repaid anything for 2 years you then find that the person suddenly got a big bonus, I am sure you would be happy for them. However, if they then decided to upgrade the car, put new entertainment system in, put new interior in, splash the money around to keep everyone happy BUT AT NO POINT talked to you about when they would be repaying the money you had given them, then you would quickly become exceptionally unhappy!

(Also if the salary deducted was included in the 24 weeks as you imply, then it would mean that bonus for those who had the 6 months at half pay would in effect be half the bonus given to everyone else who qualified.)

I would have thought that any decent company would repay the employees the deducted salary money first and then pay a bonus. Sadly, as usual EK are trying to conveniently forget the deducted salary!! Upper management (and I mean DSVP and above because SVP and below have no input) will hope by not talking about it we all forget in time!! However it is something to bring up just before you leave!

Lets reiterate that everyone who received the bonus is very grateful. I do feel for those who weren’t eligible for whatever reason, it happened to me many years ago so I know how it feels. But it is a bonus and not a repayment of the salary deducted!

Now what we want is the contract adjustment letter with a serious pay rise!!!!

Whitemonk Returns
13th May 2023, 10:59
I do not understand the obsession with Emirates pilots trying to get the money back that was taken during Covid. It is completely stupid, 90% of pilots during Covid took massive financial hits, none of us are getting it back, move on

Robert Sanus
13th May 2023, 12:29
celebrate your big win and please forget about those who have lost everything

Wilco. Anything else we can do for you?

Robert Sanus
13th May 2023, 12:30
Good lord Pif Paf you really are a misery.

WrldWide
13th May 2023, 21:58
Good lord Pif Paf you really are a misery. exactly what gulf management loves about flight crew. Occasionally throw a bone and all is forgiven..... I agree with Pif.

Batman777
14th May 2023, 01:38
exactly what gulf management loves about flight crew. Occasionally throw a bone and all is forgiven..... I agree with Pif.

24 weeks!! And you call it a bone??

Robert Sanus
14th May 2023, 07:27
So the largest profit share I remember was 14 weeks back in 2010?We made more than the profit made back them in the first 6 months. So surely 14 weeks is a starting point,!!,
We’ve raked in the profits since then. so therefore it’s got to be way in excess of 14 weeks.

remembering they still need to repay me 2 months salary they took from me during covid! So therefore I’m needing minimum 14 + 8 = 22 !

Looks like you're up 2 weeks Pif Paf.
and so it goes....

Batman777
14th May 2023, 09:45
Looks like you're up 2 weeks Pif Paf.
and so it goes....

Some people are never satisfied. They will always find something to moan about.

Very toxic!! Like his nickname.

As I said before, take the bonus and leave!

Shazeem
15th May 2023, 11:44
Filling up my favourite bucket. Trying not to get used to the smell from the other bucket..some nasty stuff in there. Halas.

A6EAA
15th May 2023, 15:26
So when hh says "Invest it wisely, save or spend it well and enjoy the results of your hard work,” is he already setting up expectations for next couple of years. Have they given anything for the pay rise. How much above step?

k.swiss
15th May 2023, 16:59
To all those that propose leave, where else would you go for widebody with chance of upgrade?

Genuinely interested.

Emma Royds
15th May 2023, 19:47
To all those that propose leave, where else would you go for widebody with chance of upgrade?

Genuinely interested.

Any unionised airline in the developed world will offer a higher probability of achieving command, providing the required seniority can be achieved. Robust employment laws and a strong union, removes much of the luck that one needs to achieve and keep their command at EK.

We are short of pilots yet we are flying fewer aircraft than we did before COVID. That alone speaks volumes about how the desirability of the carrier has diminished significantly since the pandemic started.

But above all, don't come here focused on the command. Prior to COVID, new 777 pilots were being quoted double digits in terms of years to command and that will eventually return, once things settle down. There maybe many aircraft on order but a number will simply replace older airframes. Moreover, until the airline moves to DWC, there is also very little room for the airline to expand at DXB.

ratherbe
17th May 2023, 20:48
Shazeem, not it hasn’t

Let us be very clear this is a bonus, gladly received by those eligible BUT NOT IN ANY WAY repayment for the salary deducted!

Let us think of this another way, lets say you helped someone out during Covid because they were struggling. Having not been repaid anything for 2 years you then find that the person suddenly got a big bonus, I am sure you would be happy for them. However, if they then decided to upgrade the car, put new entertainment system in, put new interior in, splash the money around to keep everyone happy BUT AT NO POINT talked to you about when they would be repaying the money you had given them, then you would quickly become exceptionally unhappy!

(Also if the salary deducted was included in the 24 weeks as you imply, then it would mean that bonus for those who had the 6 months at half pay would in effect be half the bonus given to everyone else who qualified.)

I would have thought that any decent company would repay the employees the deducted salary money first and then pay a bonus. Sadly, as usual EK are trying to conveniently forget the deducted salary!! Upper management (and I mean DSVP and above because SVP and below have no input) will hope by not talking about it we all forget in time!! However it is something to bring up just before you leave!

Lets reiterate that everyone who received the bonus is very grateful. I do feel for those who weren’t eligible for whatever reason, it happened to me many years ago so I know how it feels. But it is a bonus and not a repayment of the salary deducted!

Now what we want is the contract adjustment letter with a serious pay rise!!!!

I work for European legacy and was layed off for 18 month durig covid with no salary. All pilots were unemployed for 12-24 month. We got about 25% of salary from goverment, 0 from company. Have been in same company over 20 years and had bonus once, maybe 3k€. Salaries were lowered last year. This is in "decent" company 😅

BANANASBANANAS
18th May 2023, 05:53
It would seem that bigger profit shares are being awarded elsewhere too! Eight months in SIA - which specifically includes an additional element to recognise pay cuts and Covid 19 'sacrifices' over the last 3 years.

https://mothership.sg/2023/05/sia-staff-8-month-bonus/?fbclid=IwAR1rtT_V4COP4eT16a4FcTV6jwETkxRw8Nav1a98dP82UIMBL7 yoYF_IQxo

I believe SIA still awards a 13th months salary as a standard part of the salary package in December each year. So that’s 9 months extra salary in SIA this year.

Long may the recovery continue.

karnc
23rd May 2023, 03:08
SIA 1st year capt basic is about 7800 USD. No housing, no education allowance. Income tax applicable.
Cost of living is at the rooftop….

virga 208
23rd May 2023, 04:16
exactly what gulf management loves about flight crew. Occasionally throw a bone and all is forgiven..... I agree with Pif.

Just curious, how would you qualify the 5$ starfcuk coffee vaugher that air can distributed to its employees while the exec cashed out 9M bonus :}

virga 208
23rd May 2023, 04:21
Any unionised airline in the developed world will offer a higher probability of achieving command, providing the required seniority can be achieved. Robust employment laws and a strong union, removes much of the luck that one needs to achieve and keep their command at EK.

We are short of pilots yet we are flying fewer aircraft than we did before COVID. That alone speaks volumes about how the desirability of the carrier has diminished significantly since the pandemic started.

But above all, don't come here focused on the command. Prior to COVID, new 777 pilots were being quoted double digits in terms of years to command and that will eventually return, once things settle down. There maybe many aircraft on order but a number will simply replace older airframes. Moreover, until the airline moves to DWC, there is also very little room for the airline to expand at DXB.

Developed world :ouch: :} strong union :ugh: :mad:

BANANASBANANAS
23rd May 2023, 04:28
SIA 1st year capt basic is about 7800 USD. No housing, no education allowance. Income tax applicable.
Cost of living is at the rooftop….

Cost of living has always been high in Singapore but only on a par with Dubai. And it is true that SIA has gone almost exclusively to local contracts. But, 9 months is still 9 months. The basic salary hasn't changed. What has 'gone' are the expat only additional benefits. So, if you have a wife, children at school etc, then EK is still the better financial option. Flying pay remains very good in SIA though - just under US$ 3k pcm for a 70 hour month and good productivity rates above 70 hours. The way things are going, I can see expat contracts (and benefits) coming back again. Subjectively, Singapore is a nicer placer to live, the roster allows for a far better qol and ALPA S is as close to being a union as makes no difference.

Not wishing to start an SIA v EK debate though. My intention was purely to highlight that big profit shares are now coming back everywhere and I am very happy for both EK and SIA pilots.

Pif Paf
27th May 2023, 07:00
Pay rise?
School fees?
accomodation allowance.?
very quiet!

donpizmeov
27th May 2023, 11:14
Pay rise?
School fees?
accomodation allowance.?
very quiet!
I hope you do well on all counts.

Emma Royds
27th May 2023, 11:41
This is a rumour website after all, so my stab in the dark is a 8% rise on the basic, which will be announced next month.

Xulu
28th May 2023, 17:52
This is a rumour website after all, so my stab in the dark is a 8% rise on the basic, which will be announced next month.

If they can raise ticket fares by 20% due to inflation, they can raise the relatively small basic by 5-10%. Rents have exploded in the last 12 months, since the last AA increase; it needs a topping up too.

They critically need to keep the recruitment machine going. That's partly what the 24 weeks was for, and a decent salary increase would also be heard around the industry. It's crunch time, and lot's of aircraft still sitting on the ground due to lack of Captains. And they are supposed to be building a surplus for the A350 next year...

With the new 350 training centre being built, now is the time to pull out the wallet and fix this problem before it's too late. Currently $billions of lost opportunity. Lot's of market share up for grabs post-covid too, and the 350 is slated to open up routes that are too small for the 777. Having this new shiny toy parked due to lack of staff would be a waste.

BigGeordie
28th May 2023, 20:36
They won't park the 350. They will hire DECs at whatever payscale they need to. It is much cheaper to bring in a few DECs on year 10 payscale than to give everybody a rise. It has been done before.

flyTheBigFatLady
28th May 2023, 21:39
They won't park the 350. They will hire DECs at whatever payscale they need to. It is much cheaper to bring in a few DECs on year 10 payscale than to give everybody a rise. It has been done before.

still there are so many how didn’t get a call to come back - some of them not in intressted anymore and others are of to new grounds
EK recruiting ****** it up already

Pif Paf
31st May 2023, 14:47
still there are so many how didn’t get a call to come back - some of them not in intressted anymore and others are of to new grounds
EK recruiting ****** it up already

and they now realise they need someone to do the recruiting!! ground based job too!!

BigGeordie
31st May 2023, 17:53
Probably ground based because whoever takes that poisoned chalice is going to be much too busy to do any flying!

flyTheBigFatLady
31st May 2023, 19:52
Probably ground based because whoever takes that poisoned chalice is going to be much too busy to do any flying!

a good forecast on future roasters!
because it’s your fault that you can’t convince your friends to come.

Capn Rex Havoc
31st May 2023, 20:15
Any truth to the following rumour? - "5000 cabin crew resigned in one month?" and - "They have lowered the age of cabin crew to 18"?

Xulu
2nd Jun 2023, 11:29
Any truth to the following rumour? - "5000 cabin crew resigned in one month?" and - "They have lowered the age of cabin crew to 18"?

It's true they are still more short of crew than Captains. The manual has already been changed to show the recruitment age of new joiner crew can be 17, as long as they've turned 18 by the time they graduate training college. Not sure if they are actively recruiting this age group, but we'll see when the school term ends :sad:

I've never seen training college busier. The lifts are almost unusable, with hoards of crew waiting at each floor to squeeze into a space that never comes.

Pif Paf
3rd Jun 2023, 10:41
Last I heard was they’re trying to recruit 300 cabin crew per month knowing full well they are losing 150 per month- so covering loss but trying to increase numbers!
Many newbie cabin crew (within 6 months of starting) still resigning when they realize what the jobs really like, and remember these are the older ones! Heaven knows what economy full of 18 year old cabin crew will be like , pursers and CSVs told to take it easy with newbies already for fear that they might resign if told off!

This is simply underlings covering their arses, placating their bosses recruiting whoever they can without any thought of the outcome.

SOPS
3rd Jun 2023, 10:46
Does anyone really think that a average 17/ turning 18 year old is actually ready to leave home, move to the ME and work for EK. I reckon most would not last 6 months.

BigGeordie
3rd Jun 2023, 19:51
Dubai will eat them alive. I don't think I could have survived Dubai at 18.

k.swiss
5th Jun 2023, 10:33
Does anyone really think that a average 17/ turning 18 year old is actually ready to leave home, move to the ME and work for EK. I reckon most would not last 6 months.

Yes!...

Dubai will eat them alive. I don't think I could have survived Dubai at 18.

Gents you would be surprised maybe in your reality however check down the road at some of the LCC's

Lines longer than the office can handle for open days, people queuing outside of the building. Ready to leave home from Central Asia/North Africa/Far East and join as cabin crew.

For many of them an amazing opportunity and a good life ahead and all in DXB. Don't be surprised guys, EK would be a heaven. - Mostly make some $ and leave after a few years, but a great opportunity none the less and this is at the LCC's!

SWISS

SOPS
6th Jun 2023, 03:17
Yes!...

Gents you would be surprised maybe in your reality however check down the road at some of the LCC's

Lines longer than the office can handle for open days, people queuing outside of the building. Ready to leave home from Central Asia/North Africa/Far East and join as cabin crew.

For many of them an amazing opportunity and a good life ahead and all in DXB. Don't be surprised guys, EK would be a heaven. - Mostly make some $ and leave after a few years, but a great opportunity none the less and this is at the LCC's!

SWISS
Just because they THINK they are ready and can handle it, does not mean they will. It is two very different things.

k.swiss
6th Jun 2023, 10:30
Just because they THINK they are ready and can handle it, does not mean they will. It is two very different things.

Sure seems like they can! Actually the problem is loosing them to the bigger ones even after a few months of experience! Anyway the no competes have already been drafted so that should fix it.

SOPS
6th Jun 2023, 15:30
Sure seems like they can! Actually the problem is loosing them to the bigger ones even after a few months of experience! Anyway the no competes have already been drafted so that should fix it.

And you know this to be a fact, how?

k.swiss
6th Jun 2023, 20:04
And you know this to be a fact, how?

Usually struggle to park my Ford Raptor but that day I gave up all together.

Pif Paf
13th Jun 2023, 04:58
Rumour has it fleet quite shocked at number of requests for log book stamping! Anybody confirm this?

Shazeem
13th Jun 2023, 10:43
Rumour has it fleet quite shocked at number of requests for log book stamping! Anybody confirm this?

Can't confirm but I guess I am not the only one who changed the size of my buckets...almost full..

​​​​Happy to see any grass on the other side, even if it is not green....way better than sand. Halas.

k.swiss
13th Jun 2023, 12:29

Well your comment is appropriately timed it seems. :O

Better get it stamped while you can!

https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/652870-qatar-airways-not-issuing-hours-certificate.html

Pif Paf
18th Jun 2023, 09:57
Anyone any idea why the rosters are out so late??
Also no contract revision details out, when do they normally send it out?

WrldWide
18th Jun 2023, 13:40
Wow, you mean you guys get more than a weeks notice for next months roster? I'm(QR) jealous.

Xulu
25th Jun 2023, 11:31

Both were answered in company emails.

Pif Paf
26th Jun 2023, 06:45
Must have missed the one explaining late rosters! Hard to find the info from all the other propaganda they send out!

FQT2YS
29th Jun 2023, 22:47
What about EK’s incredible 5% payrise?! No celebration? Come on guys….

Red_giant
30th Jun 2023, 04:38
There was a celebration

Pif Paf
30th Jun 2023, 05:44
EK are so generous we don’t get a yearly increment automatically, it has to be graciously authorized.. For a number of years it wasn’t given so we got no increment or step ie base salaries were not increased even though we got a small pay rise. For info base salaries are what end of service pay etc are based on.
This pay rise is actually a step on the base salary (3%) plus a pay rise of 2%.
So yes 5% which they said was to cover increased cost of living. Dubai claims inflation is 5%, however for those of us here the real inflation figure is probably closer to 10% possibly more which is reflected in day to day expenses, so 5% is a slap in the face really! It should have been 10% minimum - a step of 3% plus 7%!

BigGeordie
30th Jun 2023, 23:13
We don't even get the full 5%. There has been no increase to flight pay or overtime (never mind the laughable day off payment) for several years now so while the office workers will be 5% better off every month, we won't.

Pif Paf
26th Jul 2023, 03:13
Heard that a lot of engineers going to or have applied to RIA.

Pif Paf
28th Jul 2023, 06:14
Anybody share details A380 crew having to stay onboard aircraft after diversion as no hotels available.

Pif Paf
17th Sep 2023, 06:04
Apparently some people don’t know but I’ve been told MH ( he who took enforced break at Qatar) will be chief trainer on EK A350! Doing the EK version of the manuals in office at moment!.
He did his CRM recently, sat a back of class, on his own laptop working away adding an occasional smart arse remark in way of contribution!
now who’s going to bid for the A350!!!

SOPS
17th Sep 2023, 09:03
Apparently some people don’t know but I’ve been told MH ( he who took enforced break at Qatar) will be chief trainer on EK A350! Doing the EK version of the manuals in office at moment!.
He did his CRM recently, sat a back of class, on his own laptop working away adding an occasional smart arse remark in way of contribution!
now who’s going to bid for the A350!!!

That should be fun!!!

I would love to know how he keeps his position. In my opinion…he is a incompetent, sexist, bully. But that’s just me.

Pif Paf
24th Sep 2023, 18:12
He stays because if wasta!
was told when young at gulf air he shared house with one of the young sheiks ( can’t remember but think it was one from - Abu Dhabi but live to be corrected!)
that’s why he’s built proof!

Pif Paf
20th Oct 2023, 06:55
Heard recently EK in discussions to stretch 77x (can’t remember the designation!) to include space for a bar between first and business.

Also EK in discussion with airbus about who is going to pay for repairs due to cracks where two wing spars are joined . That is a major repair.

Pif Paf
20th Oct 2023, 06:56
Also apparently we’ve met profit target already!

Pif Paf
9th Nov 2023, 11:18
Glad that rumor was true! Now to see how much more we make over busy winter season.

5strypes
9th Nov 2023, 13:56
Glad that rumor was true! Now to see how much more we make over busy winter season.
As an outsider, how is your profit share dictated?

StinkyIndian
24th Nov 2023, 04:37
From a reliable source my friend was told Forecasted 28 weeks bonus next year with current trend.

Pif Paf
23rd Dec 2023, 05:58
Pilot Forum - so I hope lots of questions sent in already?
Hopefully questions already raised on:
fatigue, lack of days off (especially captains), poor allowances, punitive culture with regard to sickness delaying upgrade.

don't let then waffle on about minor issues, they time waste given the chance.

any other topics worth mentioning ?

SOPS
23rd Dec 2023, 11:43
fatigue, lack of days off (especially captains), poor allowances, punitive culture with regard to sickness delaying upgrade.

So what’s changed in the last 20 years?

Cavallier
24th Dec 2023, 03:14
That should be fun!!!

I would love to know how he keeps his position. In my opinion…he is a incompetent, sexist, bully. But that’s just me.

The guy should join Cathay Pacific then …….thats there rai-son de-tre is it not ??????

Robert Sanus
24th Dec 2023, 07:40

Hey Pif Paf as you have been here for so long why don't you go and ask the questions. Keyboard warrior and sad old pilot.

Pif Paf
24th Dec 2023, 14:18
Hey Pif Paf as you have been here for so long why don't you go and ask the questions. Keyboard warrior and sad old pilot.

Roberts anus you do your self a disservice, quite harsh describing yourself as keyboard warrior and sad old pilot. Im
sure you’re not quite that bad?

As you also don’t seem brave enough to ask questions don’t worry I’ll ask for you!

I just wondered what others had asked already so we don’t treat ourselves!

Happy Christmas to one and all

5strypes
27th Dec 2023, 08:24
What's morale like in the place atm? Any glaring issues, bar fatigue apparently?

Pif Paf
1st Feb 2024, 06:23
So did anything interesting happen at the pilot forum?

DuneMentat
1st Feb 2024, 11:15
Lots of empty promises and using a lot of words without saying anything most likely

Robert Sanus
2nd Feb 2024, 13:28
So Pif Paf despite saying in an earlier post you would ask the questions for me , you didn't.
In a much older post on this board you prattle on about back in the day the senior guys would ask the questions. Isn't that your job now?
I suppose due your advanced years your scrotum is so wrinkly it would struggle to produce any testicular fortitude so its understandable.

Flamengo
2nd Feb 2024, 18:08
There is a post in the Australian forum about a rumour of Emirates pondering over overseas bases. Truth or fantasy?

donpizmeov
3rd Feb 2024, 02:12
There is a post in the Australian forum about a rumour of Emirates pondering over overseas bases. Truth or fantasy?

It is Goat airways down the road from the UAE that is asking for expression of interest.

Pif Paf
3rd Feb 2024, 08:37
Couldn’t get to forum as was called out for a flight.hence why asking for info duh!🙄

Pif Paf
3rd Feb 2024, 08:55
Ek won’t do basings. Pilots based in other countries would come under those countries specific employment and labor laws, EK doesn’t like being told by others what to do!
Case in point, years ago a ground staff in USA asked to be given US statutory 12 weeks maternity leave, The base needed to get a temporary replacement while she was away. This had to be approved by AAR (yes he micro manages to that level), he was furious she was allowed so much time off and told USA manager to tell her she could not take so long! AAR only agreed when it was pointed out how much it would cost in law suits if they didn’t allow her time off.
Having pilots in different counties operating under different laws to UAE is seen as a lose lose situation by the control freaks at EK

SOPS
3rd Feb 2024, 12:39
Ek won’t do basings. Pilots based in other countries would come under those countries specific employment and labor laws, EK doesn’t like being told by others what to do!
Case in point, years ago a ground staff in USA asked to be given US statutory 12 weeks maternity leave, The base needed to get a temporary replacement while she was away. This had to be approved by AAR (yes he micro manages to that level), he was furious she was allowed so much time off and told USA manager to tell her she could not take so long! AAR only agreed when it was pointed out how much it would cost in law suits if they didn’t allow her time off.
Having pilots in different counties operating under different laws to UAE is seen as a lose lose situation by the control freaks at EK

100 percent correct. It will never happen.

SOPS
3rd Feb 2024, 12:40
It is Goat airways down the road from the UAE that is asking for expression of interest.

Thats what I’m hearing also, Don

BigGeordie
3rd Feb 2024, 13:50
If the Caprine Carrier down the road offer basings that may put pressure on other middle-east-airlines to do the same.

StinkyIndian
11th Feb 2024, 15:00
When does flydubai announce a bonus?

HugeJarse
14th Feb 2024, 07:54
Heard from a friend in another airline down the road that they heard we can expect 44 weeks and a pay rise.

HugeJarse
14th Feb 2024, 09:43
Heard from a friend in another airline down the road that they heard we can expect 44 weeks and a pay rise.

Heard of a possible 30% pulse salary increase from a relatively reliable source

HugeJarse
14th Feb 2024, 09:47
Any idea what the 350 will do? Are they coming with or without CRC?
Rumours from training that it will only have Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy classes.
Will it mean more useless new joining FOs from substandard airlines?

AirbusKing
15th Feb 2024, 09:57

For EK or FZ?

WhatShortage
16th Feb 2024, 01:25
Any idea what the 350 will do? Are they coming with or without CRC?
Rumours from training that it will only have Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy classes.
Will it mean more useless new joining FOs from substandard airlines?
You gotta prove you're Australian, don't you? Never heard anything good about Australians in a cockpit, no wonder no surprise.

What's the new package looking like?

HugeJarse
16th Feb 2024, 11:37
You gotta prove you're Australian, don't you? Never heard anything good about Australians in a cockpit, no wonder no surprise.

I think it’s best left to the Australians. Flying to Africa and Indian won’t be much fun. Unless you are South African and want to tell everyone how you used to fly a piston engine into all the dark holes of Africa. Pun intended.
Can’t imagine being served by GR1s is any better than GR2s.
At least the GR2 are pretty and don’t have that sour face that so many of our wonderful crew have.

Monarch Man
16th Feb 2024, 19:04

Now now, dont be mean....Australians didnt invent aviation, they just perfected it :}
Just ask one :E

FFG 02
17th Feb 2024, 07:05
....Australians didnt invent aviation, they just perfected it :}
:E

Same with cricket!

pilot freak
17th Feb 2024, 09:36

Are they worried that their experience pilots will jump to RIA?

Tight Seat
18th Feb 2024, 04:42

I haven’t laughed so much in ages.

gehenna
18th Feb 2024, 12:37
What on earth is a '30% PULSE salary increase' HugeJarse?

Mr Good Cat
18th Feb 2024, 14:12

The cost on your heart increases 30%. Blood pressure to increase by similar amounts in next year's review.

HugeJarse
21st Feb 2024, 06:21

Sorry mate, typo, didn’t mean to upset you.
Just posting what I heard.
This is a rumour site isn’t it, clue is in the name.

WhatShortage
22nd Feb 2024, 04:14
I think it’s best left to the Australians. Flying to Africa and Indian won’t be much fun. Unless you are South African and want to tell everyone how you used to fly a piston engine into all the dark holes of Africa. Pun intended.
Can’t imagine being served by GR1s is any better than GR2s.
At least the GR2 are pretty and don’t have that sour face that so many of our wonderful crew have.
Not everyone had their parents behind paying for everything and some had to go to the darkest sh*holes. I mean, I wouldn't be happy if I couldn't get into Qantas when I had the opportunity... If I ever had it before, am i wrong? White flesh here and never been into sh*tholes, but unlike you, I appreciate my peers.

HugeJarse
22nd Feb 2024, 05:31
But on a more serious note, do we really think we are getting a bonus?
Will it be bigger than the previous one or will they say we have no money?

HugeJarse
23rd Feb 2024, 07:05
But on a more serious note, do we really think we are getting a bonus?
Will it be bigger than the previous one or will they say we have no money?

FZ got a bonus today? Are we hearing anything? Other thread is saying 29 weeks?

Pif Paf
27th Feb 2024, 04:10
Obviously rumors off problems with airbus recruitment, experience and training are totally untrue, that’s why SVP had to specifically defend their strategy it in the fleet update!
Brians becoming a bit like Baghdad bob / comical Ali!

BigGeordie
27th Feb 2024, 07:55
I imagine a lot of Airbus pilots are attracted to the opportunity to fly the 380 (until they discover it is basically just another Airbus!). Maybe the prospect of flying the 350 doesn't get their juices flowing in quite the same way, even if it is a more useful type rating?

flyTheBigFatLady
27th Feb 2024, 09:29
I imagine a lot of Airbus pilots are attracted to the opportunity to fly the 380 (until they discover it is basically just another Airbus!). Maybe the prospect of flying the 350 doesn't get their juices flowing in quite the same way, even if it is a more useful type rating?

well they could have asked all the „redundant ones“ to come and give ‚em at least a bit of the old life back - but British/Arabian arrogance stopped them to do so.

HugeJarse
28th Feb 2024, 06:36
well they could have asked all the „redundant ones“ to come and give ‚em at least a bit of the old life back - but British/Arabian arrogance stopped them to do so.

It’s a shame really, they wouldn’t ask back the pilots made redundant. Now we have to fly with FOs who are afraid to taxi the 380 in AKL or fail their base training because they can’t land.
On that point, it’s the easiest Airbus to land.
Seems the whole place has started down the slippery slope again.
Is it GulfAir 2.0 again?
Maybe the 56 weeks bonus will help.

flyTheBigFatLady
29th Feb 2024, 04:24
Maybe the 56 weeks bonus will help.

sounds a bit low to get over the pain!

Porterboy
1st Mar 2024, 01:13
Any rumours about non-typed pilots being considered? Currently flying the Embraer 175 and trying to decide between upgrading or taking a right seat on a 37.

UB6IB9
1st Mar 2024, 12:39
Any rumours about non-typed pilots being considered? Currently flying the Embraer 175 and trying to decide between upgrading or taking a right seat on a 37.

Same here pal. 10,000 + Boeing hrs. Lots of Boeing PIC time. TRI, LCP, LTC on several Boeings. Been flying corporate the last year. I applied however, I technically don't qualify.

StinkyIndian
1st Mar 2024, 17:02
A habubi told a friend today during a flight 30 weeks. Serious rumor

Pif Paf
2nd Apr 2024, 04:07
Heard from reliable source after recent email sent out asking A380 pilots for volunteers to go on A350, hardly any applied. Interestingly that email was sent out at same time as email sent to B777 captains asking for volunteers to go on A380! Minimal response from B777 Captains!

As for bonus not heard 30 weeks, more likely 24-26 but heard they were discussing pay rise to counter potential RIA exodus.

EK short of real experience on type (A380 DECs not working so well, having being on an A330 etc doesn’t help flying A380 as training is exposing!) Already trouble spreading experience across expanding aircraft types (A380 - A350 and B777ER / LR / F plus combo freighter and 777X arriving soon), so potentially losing pilots to RIA is major headache!

SOPS
2nd Apr 2024, 12:00
Heard from reliable source after recent email sent out asking A380 pilots for volunteers to go on A350, hardly any applied. Interestingly that email was sent out at same time as email sent to B777 captains asking for volunteers to go on A380! Minimal response from B777 Captains!

As for bonus not heard 30 weeks, more likely 24-26 but heard they were discussing pay rise to counter potential RIA exodus.

EK short of real experience on type (A380 DECs not working so well, having being on an A330 etc doesn’t help flying A380 as training is exposing!) Already trouble spreading experience across expanding aircraft types (A380 - A350 and B777ER / LR / F plus combo freighter and 777X arriving soon), so potentially losing pilots to RIA is major headache!

Did not EK sack a whole lot of experience in a AAR rage against anyone who had been sick for more than a month? You reap what you sow.

Orville bruh
2nd Apr 2024, 18:33
Ria is not operating until it gets the birds.
therefore no pilots needed basically until 2027 at least.
That's 3 years from now..
Tick tock tick tock...

5strypes
5th Apr 2024, 10:07
Any word of EK slowing expansion with conflict potentially intensifying?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68734689

FQT2YS
5th Apr 2024, 14:41
Anyone who has flown the A330/A340 knows what’s going to happen on the A350…
That’s why hardly anybody wants to go back from the A380!
Way more short night turnarounds and more duty days with minimum off days per month…

Why would one want to do that??

ThunderLizard
5th Apr 2024, 19:32
330/340 shoveled metaphorical manure doing night turnarounds that 777 has now had to take up. The 350 will likely have some turns, if for no other reason than line checks, but it should be the darling of the fleet, at least for a while, and get some good destinations as well as trips that are just work.

Pif Paf
10th Apr 2024, 05:39
heard Timmy and entourage were in Aus discussing Ek possibly going to West Sydney airport

DuneMentat
10th Apr 2024, 11:05
heard Timmy and entourage were in Aus discussing Ek possibly going to West Sydney airport
Makes sense since there supposedly won't be curfew or flight caps

StinkyIndian
13th Apr 2024, 05:22
5strypes.

no expansion at all. there hasnt been a single frame added to the fleet since airbus closed the 380 assembly line in 2021. needless to mention the ones being scraped to make keychains. 2 or 3 77 freighters if thats called expansion and some 300ers returned to the lessor.
350 likely to join them soon but not in large numbers intially, more like filling the gaps of the retirees and boeing delays.

5strypes
13th Apr 2024, 06:10
5strypes.

no expansion at all. there hasnt been a single frame added to the fleet since airbus closed the 380 assembly line in 2021. needless to mention the ones being scraped to make keychains. 2 or 3 77 freighters if thats called expansion and some 300ers returned to the lessor.
350 likely to join them soon but not in large numbers intially, more like filling the gaps of the retirees and boeing delays.

Apologies, perhaps I was using the term expansion too liberally. But there are huge numbers joining and as you say 350s in the pipeline.

SaagPaneer
16th Apr 2024, 22:21
Lots of guys not going on the 350 as routes will be bad. Would love to have a go though

donpizmeov
17th Apr 2024, 01:49
Airspace and now rain. Why does this stuff always happen before bonus announcements?

My Rifle and I
17th Apr 2024, 10:24
Airspace and now rain. Why does this stuff always happen before bonus announcements?

G'day Don.

It shows the management the incredible resilience of the entire company under extremely challenging conditions and perhaps adds a few more weeks to the bonus as an extra thank-you from the 9th Floor. Let's see.

donpizmeov
17th Apr 2024, 15:26
G'day Don.

It shows the management the incredible resilience of the entire company under extremely challenging conditions and perhaps adds a few more weeks to the bonus as an extra thank-you from the 9th Floor. Let's see.

Exactly! That does seem like the most obvious thing. A very good ploy for pay raises later on perhaps? Anyone got the number of that cloud seeding fella?

A6EAA
18th Apr 2024, 02:17
Hope everyone is ok with the rain and all. Does this mean they won’t give the bonus and step again.

Youwish
18th Apr 2024, 11:40
How it looks from outside:

It rains ——> i guess they will raise our salary
there is a cloud in the sky ————> they need to give us a bonus
a person smiling in Cambodia ———-> now they have no excuse , i am expecting a 30% salary raise
sunny ——> if they expect us to work in this condition, they better give us a huge bonus
A mosquito in the neighbour’s house ——-> that’s it! If they won’t give us a 3243434324% basic pay raise i am out of here

do you actually read what you write?

StinkyIndian
19th Apr 2024, 09:55
We are no more than mercenaries, money talks. Otherwise why would anyone do it? Theres no love in this companies...

SunnyTheSemen
20th Apr 2024, 18:51
I heard from a habubi that they have been flooded with applications

FQT2YS
20th Apr 2024, 21:45
I heard from a habubi that they have been flooded with applications

Yepp… Flooded ;-)

SunnyTheSemen
21st Apr 2024, 07:21
Does anybody know if this will affect my bonus ?

SunnyTheSemen
21st Apr 2024, 15:09
Watching ek crew swimming into to work waist high in water with a floating suitcase , terrified of a disciplinary if they didn’t get , quite frankly utterly ridiculous. Only in Dubai , as they say

SOPS
21st Apr 2024, 23:29
Watching ek crew swimming into to work waist high in water with a floating suitcase , terrified of a disciplinary if they didn’t get , quite frankly utterly ridiculous. Only in Dubai , as they say

And they went on board in a soaking wet uniform?

SunnyTheSemen
22nd Apr 2024, 20:11
Not sure . Chaos last week , was without electricity for 3 nights

Completed soaked half expecting to find a mackerel and a few cockles next time I open my wallet

Rumors are 22 weeks bonus

Twitterati
23rd Apr 2024, 09:37
Are they spending billions now to install drainage?

SunnyTheSemen
23rd Apr 2024, 19:39
Are they spending billions now to install drainage?

yes and they double up as accommodation for the laborers

Whitemonk Returns
25th Apr 2024, 12:50
When do they usually announce a new pay deal/bonus and when do these things come into affect?

I have seen the propsed new salary figures this morning and while they look very promising I am wondering do new payscales apply to everyone once they are implemented or is it a case of tough luck you have the contract you signed? In a previous life if a payscale was increased it applied to everyone regardless of contract but I know the UAE plays by its own rules. Cheers

richardstroker
26th Apr 2024, 02:20
When do they usually announce a new pay deal/bonus and when do these things come into affect?

I have seen the propsed new salary figures this morning and while they look very promising I am wondering do new payscales apply to everyone once they are implemented or is it a case of tough luck you have the contract you signed? In a previous life if a payscale was increased it applied to everyone regardless of contract but I know the UAE plays by its own rules. Cheers

Do you care to share the proposed figures?

Whitemonk Returns
26th Apr 2024, 03:16
Do you care to share the proposed figures?

No, simply because I can't verify them but from what i seen they look legit. I am sure it won't be long until they are public but hence why I asked the above questions I don't know the timeframe for these things in this part of the world.

A320LGW
26th Apr 2024, 22:18
It's a rumour network ...to share rumours ..

Tight Seat
27th Apr 2024, 06:00
Think you may have seen an erroneous slide from a roadshow. A simple mistake.

MR8
27th Apr 2024, 06:43
An erroneous slide which put new first officiers about 4,000 AED ahead of pilots that joined just after Covid? Or that put DEC's at the same scale as a skipper with FIFTEEN years in the company?

One can only hope it's a slide which accidentally was put out there with the new (proposed) salary scales for all pilots. Then again they have done a similar thing before.

StinkyIndian
27th Apr 2024, 08:06
no surprise if its true, they are experts on slapping their people on the face

SunnyTheSemen
28th Apr 2024, 20:11

utterly pointless post . Ek always look after their staffers

freakyfreighter
29th Apr 2024, 08:14

This is such a meaningless, stupid and entitled sentence.

EK are a business who focus on actually being an airline. Staff are just a number and nothing is personal enough for them to care about 'slapping' people in the face. They make some excellent market decisions, and sometimes they mess up with some seriously poor decision making (such as the recent floods). But at the end of the day, its a market and your'e a minion.

Profit share decision will be out in the next 2 weeks; pay review in June.

SOPS
29th Apr 2024, 15:05
[QUOTE=SunnyTheSemen;11644970]shut up moaning ek is a great company to work for money is superb compared to hongkong[/QUOTE

Are you posting from Costa?

freakyfreighter
29th Apr 2024, 15:34
[QUOTE=SunnyTheSemen;11644970]shut up moaning ek is a great company to work for money is superb compared to hongkong[/QUOTE

Are you posting from Costa?

SOPS, you haven't worked in an airline for at least 10 years, most likely quite a few more years than that. Why still so hung up on what happens at EK?

SunnyTheSemen
29th Apr 2024, 16:49
How many other airlines give you costa discount . Even if the UAE one does taste of piss and tears , it’s a great perk.

SunnyTheSemen
29th Apr 2024, 16:50
You must be begging for an office position, you have the correct attitude

Stinky, Sounds like you need to go and get another job if it’s so bad - nobody is forcing you to stay.

RickMatt
29th Apr 2024, 19:14
I heard a rumour that EK is presently not taking in any Asians specifically Indians, any truth to this?

SunnyTheSemen
30th Apr 2024, 20:31
Hi guys, I know that the locals are the highest in the social heirachy in Dubai , but as an Australian (East coast - NOT WEST!!) where abouts would you say myself and my family are (shes Australian as well but from Darwin)

Shazeem
1st May 2024, 05:52
Hi guys, I know that the locals are the highest in the social heirachy in Dubai , but as an Australian (East coast - NOT WEST!!) where abouts would you say myself and my family are (shes Australian as well but from Darwin)

Best not to come from the WEST! But Darwin is not that good either. In MS that will put you in the middle somewhere..
Just marry a local girl/guy and you will be at the top. Halas.

StinkyIndian
1st May 2024, 16:50
Aussies have a huge reputation sunny.

bigamo
3rd May 2024, 04:22
I have seen painted across internet and social media a huge new recruitment drive and it mentions higher salaries. I have looked at the careers website and I don’t see any new figures published, they seem to be the same as it’s been for a while now, does anyone actually know the figures being quoted for these new ‘higher salaries’?

Tight Seat
3rd May 2024, 04:55
They are waiting for the financial results to be published.
From a very high up : 16 weeks profit share, 10 week bonus and 25% pay increase for pilots ( 5% rest of the company). Also trainer pay increase will be “ substantial “
That person also said something about flexible working patterns, but had no details .

Pif Paf
3rd May 2024, 07:09
16 weeks profit share, 10 week bonus and 25% pay increase for pilots ( 5% rest of the company). .

Hope so!
Doubt it!
simply put, EK lack of pilots is purely due to upper management policies, middle
management intransigence and disregard to do something about what pilots have been telling them for a long time.

bigamo
3rd May 2024, 08:58
Ok so after the financial results are announced we could expect to see these new ‘higher salaries’ published officially for new joiners.

25% seems too good to be true but sometimes the sheer necessity of supply and demand dictates things I suppose.

StinkyIndian
3rd May 2024, 15:26
I agree, thats way too optimistic. Last year the salary increase was around 3% despite high inflation and other factors. The bonus might be good but dont forget that the financial target of the previous year was only 1/4 of what is for this period. There must be something good cooking in the oven but i think wont be too high…

haveago
3rd May 2024, 15:52
Think you may have seen an erroneous slide from a roadshow. A simple mistake.
Hmm okay

haveago
3rd May 2024, 15:55
They are waiting for the financial results to be published.
From a very high up : 16 weeks profit share, 10 week bonus and 25% pay increase for pilots ( 5% rest of the company). Also trainer pay increase will be “ substantial “
That person also said something about flexible working patterns, but had no details .
what do you do?

777boyo
4th May 2024, 03:22
Forgive me for arguing semantics, and yes, I know this is a rumour site, but isn't the Profit Share the same thing as the 'Bonus' ? Open to correction, but if so, how does anyone expect to get both? And a 25% rise for pilots? Come on guys, that's stretching the imagination even on a rumour site!

Tight Seat
4th May 2024, 07:36
No bonus and profit share are 2 separate things