PDA

View Full Version : BA CitiExpress recruitment?

JA1
29th Aug 2002, 08:38
I understand BA CitiExpress are recruiting at the moment for turboprop crews.

Has anyone been through their interview/selection process, and, if so, what is involved?

Island Air
29th Aug 2002, 21:06
As I understand it:

F/O: Interview/group exercise/sim
Prefer type rated on J41 or ATP
Prefer integrated course graduate

Captain: Interview only

I believe it really helps if you have a contact within the
company.

Hopefully someone who has been through the process, both
f/o and Capt will respond with recent info.

Good Luck.

Gentleman Aviator
31st Aug 2002, 08:36
A cut and paste from a previous response that I have given:

1. Application form. 5 essays!

2. Group exercise in weston-super-mare. Group exercise is a paper planning exercise to get people over shark infested custard.

3. Interview. Why you want to join. Bit of warm and fuzzy - 'when did you last receive excellent customer service?'. Bit of Tech - Perf - AeroD.

4. If you pass, BAC 1-11 sim at LHR. (Cheeky practice available at Bournemouth). Birmingham SID, recovery, hold, ILS, overshoot, ILS.

5. Offer. Turboprop only at present, irrespective of experience. Recent drop in salary to £20,000 per year with £3,000 in allowances. Type rating on Dash 8 is £15,000 over 3 years.

I politely declined the offer.

ps. Recruitment process is run by a good man - quite refreshing.

GA

Hope this helps. I thought that this was pretty good gen, and, as such, was rather surprised to receive a number of e-mails asking for a more specific breakdown and de-brief of every word and utterance at interview!

Ten Knots Fast
31st Aug 2002, 12:13
You must be off your head if you are thinking of joining our organisation. It has nothing going for it at all; however there will certainly be lots of vacancies coming up as we all leave.

Lots of work, 6 sector days, unplanned nightstops at the last minute, crap pay, roster changes up the yin yang, and best of all, we are now benefiting from the stupendous ability of having BA management. More cancelled flights than ever before, more red tape, more regulations, more unserviceablities, SOPs which seem to change by the day....... no, if I were you, I would try and get to see that nice man Mr Hajo Ioanannou - who knows, I may see you there!:D

Baron Harkonnen
31st Aug 2002, 17:54
Come on now boyo, the Company is far worse than that!!!!!:rolleyes: :(