PDA

View Full Version : Kerbal Space Program: Free game download for the next week

Roboprobodyne
5th Jan 2023, 15:33
Hi all,

I hope this is within the rules for a first post. I think KSP is the fastest & cheapest way to bring some degree of basic space-literacy (I hope that's a thing!) to the largest amount of people.

I've posted this because I found out that it's a free download on Epic Games for a week from 5 Jan at 1800 (timezone not specified). I shan't post a link because that might be coming it a bit rich for a first post, and it's just (just, hah!) the 'base game', but I know there are families out there who will want an educational present for a kid (or big kid) that's into space, and might not otherwise be able to afford $30 for a game, and I think this is the best forum to make sure the message gets to other space and aviation and radio forums, so if you're active some other place folks might be interested, feel free to spread the word!

Just to prove I'm not associated with the people giving it away for free, I'd say the best place to pay money for it is a website called 'good old games' as then you definitely just download the game and not any sort of gamestore that might try to sell your kid other games (or bombard them with other imagery, some of the Steam Games' website is a bit racy!).

I'm not sure what up-regulates threads on the PPRUNE homepage, but I suspect it's replies/chat-activity; if this is a game that has brought you happiness and understanding (sorry, I'm beginning to sound a bit missionary, it's just an aerospace game, no religion, I promise!) then please consider replying with any thoughts you have.

Mods; please redact or edit this message as you see fit. I'd just beg the bit that needs to get to the kids to get 'em into space, maybe thinking about space-maths and so-forth, is allowed through!

Yours, with all the joy of the new year,
RPD