PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair and EasyJet entry requirements

BillyFish2
13th Mar 2001, 16:40
Does anyone know if RyanAir or EasyJet have taken anyone directly from an OATS, BAE, Cabair or WMU Integrated ATPL course?

Do they require higher hours than the 160 typical in this course?

DeltaT
13th Mar 2001, 16:56
When I went to the Easyjet Roadshow at Luton towards the end of last year, they said they had only taken on 1 person with sub 1000hrs I think it was. And if you do a search on PPRUNE I think you'll find this was the errr..famous rugby player...
Typically they want 1500hrs and type rated.
Ryanair, seem to be not as strict, though they have tried to take on 40 Yugoslavians recently, already type rated.
You can only apply to either via the web, with limited details about yourself.

[This message has been edited by DeltaT (edited 13 March 2001).]

Jet A1
13th Mar 2001, 21:16
Ryanair have taken on a several ex OATS students direct onto the -200 and they have worked out very well I am told .... Possibly if that in mind they may continue to take more on , who knows ?

Skyjob
14th Mar 2001, 03:19
Not entirely true, my friend DeltaT.

easyJet have taken on several sub-1000hrs pilots in the last year, and whoever you have spoken to must have known that at least 9 of these were CTC-Scheme entries into the right hand seat with 161.4 hrs from a CAP course.

Next to us, they have taken on other sub-1000hrs pilots like the one you mentioned. And with the company growing as it is at the moment, all I can see happening in the future is the thing happening again for them low hour pilots.

[This message has been edited by Skyjob (edited 13 March 2001).]

Superfly
14th Mar 2001, 03:58
yipi yipi , provided the market carries on with steady growth and is not too much affected by the U.S economy slow-down there are potentially some happy days for us the low timer wannabes :) :) :)

Happy landings, Superfly