PDA

View Full Version : QF1

Checklist Charlie
3rd Jan 2023, 03:51
QF1 "ÖQJ" appears to be landing at this time at Athens???

CC

Capt Fathom
3rd Jan 2023, 03:56
Correct !

Lookleft
3rd Jan 2023, 05:56
Probably part of the new customer experience strategy. A mystery flight destination with each LHR ticket purchase.

Heavy Metal
3rd Jan 2023, 06:13
Routine medical emergency, stop and go.

MickG0105
3rd Jan 2023, 06:53
Melbourne-based crew looking to pick up a souvlaki.

dragon man
3rd Jan 2023, 08:20
Staying there passengers unable to access bags according to a text I received from some one on board.

Transition Layer
3rd Jan 2023, 12:05
Staying there passengers unable to access bags according to a text I received from some one on board.
What’s the reason given for the night stop?

Ushuaia
3rd Jan 2023, 12:28
What’s the reason given for the night stop?

The same reason Qantas has been making unscheduled stops all over the world for the past 100 years.

dragon man
3rd Jan 2023, 18:54
QF 12 didn’t depart Lax last night either due to not getting out of the hanger after maintenance.

Transition Layer
3rd Jan 2023, 22:54
The same reason Qantas has been making unscheduled stops all over the world for the past 100 years.
So a medical diversion no longer equals a gas-n-go to continue on to the destination? There’s about 3-4 hours buffer on duty limits on a SIN-LHR sector, should be plenty of time (assuming crew agreed to extend).

Maybe the real reason is because Qantas has lost so much experience in the IOC and behind the scenes that we just aren’t that capable anymore.

C441
4th Jan 2023, 00:15
So a medical diversion no longer equals a gas-n-go to continue on to the destination?
They were at 14:00 hours duty on arrival in Athens. With a probable minimum of an hour on the ground and a planned 3:30 flight time to LHR perhaps one or more of the crew weren't prepared to extend to an 18 hour plus duty…..

Beer Baron
4th Jan 2023, 01:39
perhaps one or more of the crew weren't prepared to extend to an 18 hour plus duty…..
After being thrown on the scrap heap for 2 years and then welcomed back with a 2 year pay freeze, I’d be astonished if any of the crew were prepared to extend.

aussieflyboy
4th Jan 2023, 02:48
Pretty standard Ops for crew NOT to extend after being treated like dirt for the past few years. Unless it benefits the pilot in some way (ie: needs to get home for family member b’day ect).

Transition Layer
4th Jan 2023, 03:44
Yep, it’s always been the case that different people have different motives for extending or not extending. An unscheduled Athens overnight ain’t exactly the worst way to spend 24 hours!

morno
4th Jan 2023, 14:33
Has anyone considered that maybe after performing high stress, critical medical attention to someone, maybe the cabin crew weren’t in a mentally fit state to continue?

It can be a very eye opening, confronting experience that no one knows how they will deal with until the time comes.

So before we all go firing off rockets at management….

Ollie Onion
5th Jan 2023, 06:38
I wouldn’t extend if it meant a night out in Athens.