View Full Version : take 2

half-full
29th Aug 2002, 05:13
what are the chances of being reconsidered, following an unsuccessful final interview?
thanks guys.

Hydrolix
29th Aug 2002, 08:08
Not very good. You certainly wont be looked at in the near future. Depending on your age and how desperate they are for pilots, CX may consider you futher down the track. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Sorry, and bad luck, better luck next time.

half-full
29th Aug 2002, 09:46
:) ok, thanks. i asked the question in behalf of a buddy. i'll still wish him the best of luck.

FlexibleResponse
29th Aug 2002, 14:07
They are calling around everyone trying to get any takers. Hold on, it won't be long now...

half-full
29th Aug 2002, 23:07
flexibleresponse...thanks! by the way, just flew in from hkg. like it better than changi.

Kubota
29th Aug 2002, 23:20
I don't think he got that, Flex.

Q.E.D. your point on standards.

EMB Bras
30th Aug 2002, 02:41
Hydrolix...
Not sure where you get your info, but I know of a few guys who got a 2nd try, nailed it and are now in. One even got in on 3rd attempt.
So yes, it is possible after an initial rejection half full. Usually re-apply 1 yr after your last interview.

shortly
30th Aug 2002, 04:58
Depends on a lot of factors whether you get a go again or not. Experience level, actual results and attitude will decide. Dear old Flex you haven't got a clue. Latest finals up here have yielded a bunch of stars, buckets of hours and good skills too. Lots of ex-Ansett guys/gals all desperate for work. No diminution in standards at all, maybe even better prospects than when you applied.

Fr8t M8te
30th Aug 2002, 06:06
Sorry about your disappointment half-full. Which position did you interview for? Was it S/O, F/O on CX freighter or Air Hong Kong regional freighter?

half-full
30th Aug 2002, 09:31
que sera, sera.

mikle88
8th Sep 2002, 04:57
What was his problem on second interview?

half-full
8th Sep 2002, 11:17
he says the sim ride might have been the coup de grace. the others, though, found it as difficult, if not more.

tone-uncage-fire
8th Sep 2002, 13:21
shortly may be able to correct me if i'm wrong but it is my understanding that the sim ride is a pass/fail item. you must get 55/75 marks - no exceptions.

bear in mind they have your sim ride report prior to the interview and you will get the chance to comment on your own performance. if i was in recruiting, i'd look really closely at how you assessed you own performance/errors and how you'd do differently next time.

half-full
9th Sep 2002, 02:43
thanks fr8t m8te. he interviewed for s/o.
thanks for all your replies, honest or otherwise.

Speedlever
16th Sep 2002, 01:49
Don't give up, I had two interviews. First one back in 2000. Two and half years later I was offered another shot. Second time lucky I guess. If you get a second go I recomend buying some sim time . Good luck to all.

shortly
16th Sep 2002, 07:23
TUF is very close to the mark in scores, but some quite lower over the years have been taken on after consideration of everything they did/have done. Many folk have been given a second chance, don't give up hope. I assume you were given advice on where it was thought you could 'pick up'. Obviously follow that and do try a sim ride before you come up again if you can. Keep pestering them. The squeaky door etc.

FlexibleResponse
16th Sep 2002, 16:26
Standards are being lowered in an attempt to get the numbers required.

fire wall
16th Sep 2002, 22:25
F/R, you are full of it.
Of the last couple of intakes there are a RAF 1011 Captain, B 747.200 FO, 2 instructors from the Australian Roulettes, B767 Captain, B767 FO, 2 X A 320 Captains and 4 A 320 FO's and these are only the ones I have met....guess it doesn't quite compare with the Cessna/BN2 experience you brought to the company eh?
Just where do you get this rubbish from....the AOA propoganda machine spreading porkies again?
Try thinking for yourself before you get led by your exalted (sic) leader to the nearest DSS ofice.