PDA

View Full Version : P.L.H?

jimmyj
4th Dec 2001, 14:17
I have heard a lot about P.L.H since registering at PPRUNE and I would appreciate some specific information. I have found the website but it seems to me that they are actually another proffit based organisation looking to make money from people like me. From what I could tell P.L.H offer several packages including books, files, meetings and advice. Each package is priced and none of them come cheap (ranging from £25-£750).

However, I have heard from guys on this website that P.L.H also offer finance deals as well as managing your training. If this is true it would be right down my street. A few people have pointed me towards P.L.H after I posted my 'Training Loans' thread.

Please could someone make clear what it is that P.L.H offer and who they are trying to help. I am not in the position to throw away £750 on 'advice'. No mater how useful it is.

Thanks.

4Screwaircrew
4th Dec 2001, 20:27
P.L.H. appear to offer no more advice and assistance than a carefully selected school should be able to. I have seen people with medical problems that have come to light after training commenced receive very little advice on the resoloution of the problem. The flying school that they had been placed with spent a lot of time finding out who could help and the student is now back training again.

I have met people that have been placed by P.L.H. that have been very happy with everything, they were people who didn't encounter any problems during training.

It is my underestanding that P.L.H. are in a position to offer financing for training and this may be enough to ensure that they are the people you need to deal with, check the rates and conditions and shop around.

P.L.H. have assesment days at various schools that they contract students to and although I don't know what they charge for this you will at least get some hands on flying and this will allow yoou to decide if the helicopter is for you, those that I have seen have been conducted in a proffessional manner with breifing prior to flights and a frank and honest debreif by the instructors, although as time passes more of the instructors are graduates of the P.L.H system so again you must make up your own mind about impartiality.

Ask P.L.H to put you in touch with someone local to you that is within the system so you can speak to someone with first hand experience.

If you go it alone or through P.L.H. I hope you enjoy the helicopter as much as I do.