PDA

View Full Version : A320 ventilation skin temperature threshold

owl-attack
28th Dec 2022, 10:35
Hello

I am very confused with logic Airbus has provided for ventilation- open configuration and closed configuration based on the skin air temperature

FCOM mentions
ON GROUND OPEN CONFIGURATION is when:
Skin temperature is above the on ground threshold

12Degree C and increasing
9 Degree C and decreasing

QUESTION 1 : What happens if the temperature is at 10 degree C or 11 degree C and increasing ??

ON GROUND CLOSED CONFIGURATION is when:
Skin temperature is beneath the on ground threshold

12 degree C and increasing
9 Degree C and decreasing

QUESTION 2: What happens if the temperature is at 10 degree C or 11 degree C and decreasing ??

QUESTION 3: Is there any other way to understand this temperature logic in a simple way ??

QUESTION 4: In a closed configuration the ventilation air goes to cargo underfloor through the SKIN EXCH INLET BYPASS VALVE . Where does this air go from here (from the cargo underfloor) . Does go out of the aircraft through the outflow valve from here ?

QUESTION 5: Why is it called a SKIN EXCH INLET BY PASS VALVE, when the ventilated air is actually go out of the ventilation duct to cargo underfloor,. Should it be not called an OUTLET valve?

QUESTION 6: In a closed configuration the AVIONIC BAY air is taken in the ventilation duct through the SKIN EXCH OUTLET BYPASS VALVE. I though the avionics bay air will be warm , if that's true why is warm air being recirculated to cool avionics equipment in a closed configuration ?

QUESTION 7: If air is coming in the ventilation duct from SKIN EXCH OUTLET BY PASS VALVE , should it be not called an inlet valve?

Please help me with my confusion
Appreciate your help

Thank you
Regards
OWL

HOVIS
28th Dec 2022, 12:14
Q1 and Q2.
A. It stays in whatever position it was last moved to. This is to stop it continually opening and closing if the threshold was a single temp. EG 10°C.

Check Airman
28th Dec 2022, 15:36
Very confusing system. You’ll land in the Caribbean and find it in the closed configuration.

hans brinker
29th Dec 2022, 05:46
Very confusing system. You’ll land in the Caribbean and find it in the closed configuration.

I think that is to prevent warm (moist) air getting in and leading to condensation on the cold avionics.