PDA

View Full Version : Flying Legends?

Flugzeug A
28th Dec 2022, 00:36
Cancelled in 2021 through Covid.
New venue Sewell, much trumpeted about a new partnership & it being home to the show well into the future , then cancelled.
The website for next year’s usually up & running by now but there’s nothing mentioned beyond 2022 being cancelled.
Personally , I doubt we’ll ever see it again but - anyone on the inside or who knows what’s planned for 2023 or beyond?

DaveReidUK
28th Dec 2022, 06:24
I'm guessing you mean Sywell ?

DHfan
28th Dec 2022, 09:12
It was fairly obvious from the outset that, logistically, nowhere other than Duxford would be likely to work.
I can't recall now what TFC said regarding last years' show but I have a feeling that might have been suggested.

We just have to hope that Duxford gets somebody in charge who can see past the end of his nose - and that TFC are still interested in putting on the show.

Flugzeug A
28th Dec 2022, 16:07
I meant Sywell but autocorrect has never heard of it...

GeeRam
28th Dec 2022, 19:33
It was fairly obvious from the outset that, logistically, nowhere other than Duxford would be likely to work.
I can't recall now what TFC said regarding last years' show but I have a feeling that might have been suggested.

Nick Grey made a very diplomatic statement after having to cancel the 2022 show, but my reading between the lines thought was that was it for attempting at to hold it at Sywell in the future.
I'm not surprised tbh, a very good friend of mine has held large events at Sywell in the pre-Covid era, and they've said that dealing with the site owner is very hard work, and very stressful.
As said, unless there's some agreement with IWM regarding Duxford which I can't see happening with the current IWM staff, I think we'll not likely to see Legends happen again (not in the UK at any rate)