PDA

View Full Version : Landing with No Slat No Flap Procedure

saviboy
22nd Dec 2022, 17:11
Hello
In a scenario with both flaps and slats locked at zero, should the crew accomplish all ECAM actions and once ECAM actions completed, refer the QRH ABN landing with no Slat no Flap proc.? or can the crew immediately jump to the QRH procedure?
I am of the opinion that ECAM actions should be accomplished first. Then ABN QRH landing with no flaps/no slats. However, my company guidelines are not in agreement. Is there any official reference I could use to present to my hierarchy?
The "handling of ECAM procedure" section of the FCTM explains how to handle the application of QRH procedure if requested by ECAM, however the landing with no flaps/slats is not sensed by ECAM.
Thanks for any reply.

vilas
27th Dec 2022, 07:00
Hello
In a scenario with both flaps and slats locked at zero, should the crew accomplish all ECAM actions and once ECAM actions completed, refer the QRH ABN landing with no Slat no Flap proc.? or can the crew immediately jump to the QRH procedure?
I am of the opinion that ECAM actions should be accomplished first. Then ABN QRH landing with no flaps/no slats. However, my company guidelines are not in agreement. Is there any official reference I could use to present to my hierarchy?
The "handling of ECAM procedure" section of the FCTM explains how to handle the application of QRH procedure if requested by ECAM, however the landing with no flaps/slats is not sensed by ECAM.
Thanks for any reply.
ECAM will give FLT/CTL Flap/Slat fault/Locked in Config 0 procedure, Landing in Flap1 and Vref addition of 65kt. Actually the QRH Flap/Slat jammed procedure doesn't give any guidance on both stuck at zero.

Cak
27th Dec 2022, 08:03
Sequence of procedures in ABN/EMER is written in FCTM/AOP/Management of Abnormal Ops/Sequence of procedures, however it's with "should" not "shall" :)
1. Memory items or OEB immediate actions
2. OEB
3. ECAM
4. QRH

Also, FCTM/PROC/ABN-EMER/F/CTL under 'Failure during the approach' states that crew "will":
1. Pull the speed
2. Delay the app to complete ECAM
3. Refer to QRH - Flaps/Slats Jammed
4. Update the briefing

Rico_Corp
27th Dec 2022, 11:40
A330/A340 has a “NO FLAPS NO SLATS LANDING” procedure in QRH, which includes notes such as “Disregard the CONF 2 requirement on the ECAM status page”.

There is also a section in FCTM to expand on the procedure. However, it finishes with an interesting statement:“The NO FLAPS NO SLATS LANDING is classified as an extremely improbable failure. It is the reason why the corresponding procedure is not related on ECAM but only in the QRH.”